Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

1 minute ago, stella said:

But the thing is, he still worked for them. Usually if you're not getting paid, you don't do MORE work for the person who hasn't paid you.

Maybe he got paid for the later shows and not the shows from 2009 to 2011. 

Maybe he did some studio work for Axl and Axl din't pay him for what.

We really don't know if that money was for the touring or the studio work. 

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Maybe he got paid for the later shows and not the shows from 2009 to 2011. 

Maybe he did some studio work for Axl and Axl din't pay him for what.

We really don't know if that money was for the touring or the studio work. 

It doesn't matter. We do know that according to that TMZ report, he claims was supposed to get paid by October 2012. And he continued working with them in 2013 and 2014 on their live shows. He apparently was still considered a member of the band until February 2016. Why would he have stuck around for almost four years if he'd been stiffed?

Edited by stella

8 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

haha why do some people think that Axl are/have been broke? Not in this lifetime...  

Some management problem i say.. Don't think Axl himself handing out paycheck every month to his employees.. GN'R is not some small business..

Ofc Pitman should have his money if GNR hasn't paid him.

In the lawsuit Pitman indicates Axl was broke by 2011 and couldn't afford to pay Pittman so he basically wrote him an IOU that said to be paid by Oct 2012

3 minutes ago, stella said:

It doesn't matter. We do know that according to that TMZ report, he claims was supposed to get paid by October 2012. And he continued working with them in 2013 and 2014 on their live shows. He apparently was still considered a member of the band until February 2016. Why would he have stuck around for almost four years if he'd been stiffed?

He obviously wanted to stay in the band, sueing your employer doesnt bode well for that.

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

In the lawsuit Pitman indicates Axl was broke by 2011 and couldn't afford to pay Pittman so he basically wrote him an IOU that said to be paid by Oct 2012

I really think that's just BS... but ofc i don't know Axl or his financial state.. But it's very unlikely

None of us know whether Axl was truly broke... or just low on cash or what.. but i kinda dont even care if the NTIL tour was for cash purposes or not. It makes no difference to me. I am glad the big 3 are back. If axl is smart, he will phone his lawyer and say write a cheque and move on.

• Like 1

Just now, estranged_85 said:

I really think that's just BS... but ofc i don't know Axl or his financial state.. But it's very unlikely

I tend to agree, but yea we just don't know finances are so personal. 

In my mind it fits into Axl's give a shit with gnr but if Axl pursues this we will know a lot more. If he can settle then it all goes away 

32 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Was Team Brazil responsible for Axl's financial problems? There were rumors that Axl had a lot of property costs. Houses/Apartments for Kat, Fernando, Vanessa, etc? But I expected Axl in the 100mio $ league.

WAIT Axl bought a house/apartment for Kat??:o:o:shocked: She is not his girfriend or relative..only a employee...Really strange. Fernando and Vanessa are like his siblings, I understand but not at all because they get a high percentage for the management of the band.

35 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree with this, I have little patience for people who stiff their employees - but I can't honestly imagine that this one is true. If it were, wouldn't we have heard from other band members? Why would Pitman have continued to work with Axl for many more years if he hadn't been paid? And wouldn't any IOUS, etc. have come from management and not Axl directly?

There's actually a statute of limitations on enforcing contract terms. In California, you only have four years to sue if a written contract is broken and two years to sue if an verbal agreement is broken. Why would he have waited until now to sue? http://www.courts.ca.gov/9618.htm  It's a little interesting that this story broke right after the announcements of how much money the NITL tour made.

And Axl's reputation has always been that regardless of whatever else he does, he makes sure people get paid on time.

Yeah Axl has the reputation of being a generous and loyal guy. I don´t believe in this legal bullshit. And if this guy says the truth maybe is a management issue, or Pitman bitterness for the "nostalgia tour"  success.:lol:

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 1

Not that there was much chance, but I guess this pretty much guarantees that Silkworms will never be on an official GN'R release due to Pitman then being due royalties.  I know that won't bother many, but that snippet that leaked sounder 10 times better than the live efforts from Rio/HOB.

Yet he toured with the band from 2012-2014? Did he do that for free or for IOU's?

Lol, come on

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

Not that there was much chance, but I guess this pretty much guarantees that Silkworms will never be on an official GN'R release due to Pitman then being due royalties.  I know that won't bother many, but that snippet that leaked sounder 10 times better than the live efforts from Rio/HOB.

Silkworms sucks. That song can never be good with the lyrics it has 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

He obviously wanted to stay in the band, sueing your employer doesnt bode well for that.

Nobody in their right mind stays in a workplace where they're not being paid. Rule #1 of working in the arts: if someone stiffs you, you don't keep giving them more work they might not pay for. You either quit or pause work until payment is forthcoming for what you've already done.

simple solution to all of this... guitar hero : chris pitman lol what a fuckin douchebag... way to burn bridges... does he not understand that whatever little money he manages to make during the rest of his "career" is thanks to axl/gnr? this guy would probably be living on the street right now if axl didnt let him tag along with the band for far too long... anyone that goes to a pitman show in the future is doing so because they might hear a gnr cover... or they just have fuckall else to do

Edited by Hollywood Gunner
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, stella said:

Nobody in their right mind stays in a workplace where they're not being paid. Rule #1 of working in the arts: if someone stiffs you, you don't keep giving them more work they might not pay for. You either quit or pause work until payment is forthcoming for what you've already done.

well obviously not in this case. ;)

Look as i always say with any "news" about guns n roses, we dont know the whole story so im not going to get too invested in it either way.

There is 3 sides to every story as they say.

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

simple solution to all of this... guitar hero : chris pitman lol what a fuckin douchebag... way to burn bridges... does he not understand that whatever little money he manages to make during the rest of his "career" is thanks to axl/gnr? this guy would probably be living on the street right now if axl didnt let him tag along with the band for far too long... anyone the goes to a pitman show in the future is doing so because they might hear a gnr cover... or they just have fuckall else to do

He's a douchebag for wanting to be paid the money that he is owed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

simple solution to all of this... guitar hero : chris pitman lol what a fuckin douchebag... way to burn bridges... does he not understand that whatever little money he manages to make during the rest of his "career" is thanks to axl/gnr? this guy would probably be living on the street right now if axl didnt let him tag along with the band for far too long... anyone that goes to a pitman show in the future is doing so because they might hear a gnr cover... or they just have fuckall else to do

If he hasent been paid, pay the man and move on.  This is not rocket science.  He worked and was not paid then pay him end of story

1 hour ago, stella said:

But the thing is, he still worked for them. Usually if you're not getting paid, you don't do MORE work for the person who hasn't paid you.

He's Axl Rose of Guns N'Roses, you probably assume he's going to be able to cough up $140,000 at some point.