Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

11 minutes ago, RONIN said:

And ofcourse Axl was broke -- why the hell would he be touring and playing bowling alleys and small clubs when he was 70 lbs overweight and singing like he inhaled a can of helium?

I guess that explains the "reunion"

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”  --Izzy Stradlin

OMG:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Gilby had to sue to get his money. And then there's this: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/longtime-guns-n-roses-photographer-sues-axl-rose-for-failing-to-honor-contract/

Basically, the leeches ... uh, I mean "management" were asleep at the wheel as usual and probably ignored these requests for payment. Team Brazil may actually be more incompetent than those idiots Doug Goldstein and Del James.

The question is if Axl knew about this or not. 

And ofcourse Axl was broke -- why the hell would he be touring and playing bowling alleys and small clubs when he was 70 lbs overweight and singing like he inhaled a can of helium?

I guess that explains the "reunion"

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”  --Izzy Stradlin

Exactly 

Pretty clear pitman is only suing because he's out of the band now. Had he sued while he was in he would have been fired. 

Im not exactly sure what led to pitman being out of GNR but it seems clear he thought he was more important than he was. Even after some Richard fortus Facebook comments, it's pretty clear he and the band didn't see eye to eye. Hopefully we get the full story.

Cant say I miss pitman, but he should be paid for all the time he did in GNR. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

He's Axl Rose of Guns N'Roses, you probably assume he's going to be able to cough up $140,000 at some point. 

That's a very foolhardy thing to do. It doesn't matter who it is. You don't keep working if you're not getting paid. In 2012 there was no reason to think that NuGuns was going to do any better than they were doing, either - they weren't releasing new albums, Axl's voice wasn't at its best, all they were doing was that residency, and there was no indication at this point that there would be a reunion.

Pitman's not claiming that he wasn't paid for 2012-2014, which is even weirder. So Axl and TB paid him for those three years but mysteriously skipped over one year?

There's also the point, again, that this didn't come up when he left the band, when he was busy slamming them left and right on social media. It mysteriously happened now, right after the NITL tour grosses came out.

I honestly hope TB comes up with the cancelled checks for that year and settles the whole thing by showing that they did pay him.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Here's a guess....

GnR as a business had no money in 2011. $14 million was spent on an album that didn't meet expectations and more money was likely spent on a follow up that was denied by the label in 2010. That's probably what pitman is owed for, work on CD2. Axl was probably going to pay him when it came out but that has yet to happen.

Axl had plenty of money because I'm sure he paid himself generously.

I run a business, I'm guessing GnR is run as a business. Axls money and the bands money should be separate. Axl should not be paying people with his money, he should be paying people with the bands money.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, liers said:

Here's a guess....

GnR as a business had no money in 2011. $14 million was spent on an album that didn't meet expectations and more money was likely spent on a follow up that was denied by the label in 2010. That's probably what pitman is owed for, work on CD2. Axl was probably going to pay him when it came out but that has yet to happen.

Axl had plenty of money because I'm sure he paid himself generously.

I run a business, I'm guessing GnR is run as a business. Axls money and the bands money should be separate. Axl should not be paying people with his money, he should be paying people with the bands money.

This has got to be accurate. It would be insane if Axl is paying everyone out of his own pocket. Pitman worked for GN'R. 

I got suspicious when NUGNR started playing weddings. 

But seriously, Axl's bling that he wears onstage is like 200k. Just give em to pitman. 

GNR can make millions the day they decide to open the vault for sale pro shot shows of the glory days plus the holy grail documentary. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, stella said:

That's a very foolhardy thing to do. It doesn't matter who it is. You don't keep working if you're not getting paid. In 2012 there was no reason to think that NuGuns was going to do any better than they were doing, either - they weren't releasing new albums, Axl's voice wasn't at its best, all they were doing was that residency, and there was no indication at this point that there would be a reunion.

Pitman's not claiming that he wasn't paid for 2012-2014, which is even weirder. So Axl and TB paid him for those three years but mysteriously skipped over one year?

There's also the point, again, that this didn't come up when he left the band, when he was busy slamming them left and right on social media. It mysteriously happened now, right after the NITL tour grosses came out.

I honestly hope TB comes up with the cancelled checks for that year and settles the whole thing by showing that they did pay him.

Just putting myself in Pitman's shoes......I'm in "Guns N'Roses", I'm touring with "Guns N'Roses", I probably have a bond with Axl over the years. So, he didn't pay me back that $140,000, but I assume he will, eventually, and being in "Guns N'Roses" is benefiting me financially when we go on tour, etc....but then Axl re-groups with the old band and leaves me out? Well I know I'm not getting the money owed to me and now I'm not as willing to let it slide because of personal relationships. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DIST said:

I got suspicious when NUGNR started playing weddings. 

But seriously, Axl's bling that he wears onstage is like 200k. Just give em to pitman. 

GNR can make millions the day they decide to open the vault for sale pro shot shows of the glory days plus the holy grail documentary. 

i hope this happens! you are so right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Pretty clear pitman is only suing because he's out of the band now. Had he sued while he was in he would have been fired. 

Im not exactly sure what led to pitman being out of GNR but it seems clear he thought he was more important than he was. Even after some Richard fortus Facebook comments, it's pretty clear he and the band didn't see eye to eye. Hopefully we get the full story.

Cant say I miss pitman, but he should be paid for all the time he did in GNR. 

Which Richard Fortus facebook comments?? I missed something..:wacko:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, maynard said:

Axl deserves this. He should've known since the beginning that ending GNR and hiring a lot of nobodies to play for him would come back to bite him in the ass sooner or later. Stupid mofo wasted his best years surrounded by assholes making shitty music. Should've apologized  to Slash a long time ago.

This!

• Like 2

I get the guy played a role that many feel wasn't "Guns N'Roses" but I don't get why people attack him so much personally. Axl wanted a certain sound/element, he hired Pitman to provide it, and he's not only reviled for it, but if he wasn't paid for doing it, well, too bad, because he sucks anyway.

Meanwhile, Izzy's been sitting on his hole for 25 years, but him not getting a huge piece of a pie he hasn't cared about in 25 years should be an episode of Law and Order. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I get the guy played a role that many feel wasn't "Guns N'Roses" but I don't get why people attack him so much personally. Axl wanted a certain sound/element, he hired Pitman to provide it, and he's not only reviled for it, but if he wasn't paid for doing it, well, too bad, because he sucks anyway.

Meanwhile, Izzy's been sitting on his hole for 25 years, but him not getting a huge piece of a pie he hasn't cared about in 25 years should be an episode of Law and Order. 

If he stayed a studio "engineer" I think people wouldn't care. He added very little to the live band. He also came off as a douche in public. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cooker said:

If he stayed a studio "engineer" I think people wouldn't care. He added very little to the live band. He also came off as a douche in public. 

And that's fine. But he was hired to do things, he did them, and now he's owed a fairly modest (by GNR standards) amount of money and people act like he shouldn't get it because they didn't want him in the band in the first place.   

Edited by Modano09