Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

3 hours ago, hellobeatle said:

When was the Riad case?  California's statute of limitations likely ran out on that case, so there's no counterclaim option.  Also, Pitman may have been protected under a principal-agent relationship w his employer.  Doubtful he has exposure.

California statute of limitations is 4 years on contract & my understanding is he's looking for damages from 2012, so Pitman had to file now.  He was only given the boot a few months ago, so there's nothing nefarious with his timing of the lawsuit.

Valid point on statute of limitations. Axl should have no trouble paying $160,000 if he owes it. 

30 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This was posted today. It has a small amount of new info about the law firm hired.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/09/16/former-guns-n-roses-man-sues-axl-rose.htm

These are the same attorneys that represented Azoff when he sued Axl.

Axl is screwed then. He should just pay it, get rid of Pitman. 

Pitman says in his lawsuit that he was "a loyal and dedicated engineer and musician for Axl Rose" for nearly 18 years. During that time, he says, he was "toiling at all hours" for more than a year without pay — one of many unpaid employees at the time. He says the promissory note of Oct. 4, 2011, came due a year later.

I've wondered if there are others holding promissory notes.

37 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I've wondered if there are others holding promissory notes.

Im not sure If Dizzy or others have it, but according to him last year, he has not got his big pay check. But I guess he will just go along cause he would be getting something from this tour, so its better than nothing. 

But honestly it will be better for Axl to pay them on time or when he promised cause even they have families and got a kitchen to run. 

I don't doubt that Pitman worked long hours with Axl working on material etc. However, if he didn't make it very clear that he wanted his money it's really his own fault for letting things escalate to a lawsuit... it's also Axls if he didn't just write him a cheque and say "now piss off!", would have been much easier.

That he was owed over 100k and he went on tour with the same band that hadn't paid him says it all in y opinion. If it was me, I would have cut and run.

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't doubt that Pitman worked long hours with Axl working on material etc. However, if he didn't make it very clear that he wanted his money it's really his own fault for letting things escalate to a lawsuit... it's also Axls if he didn't just write him a cheque and say "now piss off!", would have been much easier.

That he was owed over 100k and he went on tour with the same band that hadn't paid him says it all in y opinion. If it was me, I would have cut and run.

And then you're on the wrong side of a temperamental boss. Maybe he just liked being in GNR and was willing to be patient about the money until he woke up and found out he wasn't in GNR anymore?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Modano09 said:

And then you're on the wrong side of a temperamental boss. Maybe he just liked being in GNR and was willing to be patient about the money until he woke up and found out he wasn't in GNR anymore?

Doubtful. Pitman stuck around because it was a steady pay cheque... he wasn't listening to gnr before he joined or in his spare time while he was a member: he didn't even care about new music. And I meant he should have either quit or made it damn clear in all the times he was with Axl that he still hadn't been paid, and that he was going to leave the band  (with possible legal work following) if payment wasn't made.

19 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Doubtful. Pitman stuck around because it was a steady pay cheque... he wasn't listening to gnr before he joined or in his spare time while he was a member: he didn't even care about new music. And I meant he should have either quit or made it damn clear in all the times he was with Axl that he still hadn't been paid, and that he was going to leave the band  (with possible legal work following) if payment wasn't made.

As you said, he was sticking around for a steady paycheck. He was being paid, he just wasn't paid for this one IOU. Why risk losing the steady paycheck for doing not much of anything by giving the man handing you the paycheck an ultimatum? Especially as this man is also someone you consider a friend (or at least a "friend").  I am sure what he has made since then dwarfs that amount. Once he was cut out of the band then he had nothing to lose by demanding to be paid.

Or maybe he didn't realize he didn't get paid for this item until he was kicked out of the band and his accountant and lawyer went over every interaction with Guns N' Roses with a fine-tooth comb to see if he could sue them over anything. People do like to sue Axl.

Could also be that he is full of it (or "mistaken") and is hoping for a nice settlement to get him to shut up and go away.

There really isn't much information about this. We can pretty much make up whatever suits our fancy at this time and make it fit the less than bare-bones we know about the situation.

• Like 1

"Corporate Brand Guns N Roses" :lol:

I love how Pitoman seems to think that he's somehow THE REAL GNR...nobody would know who this cocksucker even is if he hadn't of crawled his way down Axl's dickhole.

He is, was and always will be an embarrassment to the GNR name.

• Like 4