Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

5 minutes ago, star said:

Guess this means Silkworms along with any other work feat. Pittman from the unreleased Chinese recordings won't see the light of day. 

I never cared of his work, its good he is out, but still don't get why Axl hired him in the first place.

What a big wastage of money. 

17 hours ago, liers said:

$114,999 of the original $120,000 pitman was owed was just from the 20 years he worked on silkworms. The rest was from the other songs where he added a synth here and an echo there.

Ah yes, the all important SUB BASS.

Really tied the live performances together too.

5 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Ah yes, the all important SUB BASS.

Really tied the live performances together too.

I still don't know how the Sub Bass adds to the sound. Then again I've never listened to Chidem with a subwoofer. 

Edited by cooker
correcting post.

2 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I will never understand two things.

1). for once Pittman was fired, why was Melissa employed!?!? They have useless Dizzy sitting there for 25 years.

2). if Slash and Duff are taking care of the sound and they are not biggest Frank fans, what the hell is he still doing there!?

1. Cause Axl wanted another useless person.

2. Frank is cheaper than Matt. 

37 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

I will never understand two things.

1). for once Pittman was fired, why was Melissa employed!?!? They have useless Dizzy sitting there for 25 years.

2). if Slash and Duff are taking care of the sound and they are not biggest Frank fans, what the hell is he still doing there!?

I got to a point at where I simply don't care amymore. Its simply too late for a reunion that we always wanted. Now even if Matt/Izzy/Gilby/Steven would come back on full term, there won't be an energetic VR Debut album anymore. Axl had his chances between 1996-2006, but now it's just a tribute band and it will end like that.

Edited by maxpax
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, maxpax said:

I got to a point at where I simply don't care amymore. Its simply too late for a reunion that we always wanted. Now even if Matt/Izzy/Gilby/Steven would come back on full term, there won't be an energetic VR Debut album anymore. Axl had his chances between 1996-2006, but now it's just a tribute band and it will end like that.

Yeah.... A tribute band with 3 out of five original member and a guy (dizzy) who has played on 4 albums (if not 5? Didnt he played on lies? Like.. Percs..?). Anyway this is far from a tribute band. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2016 at 0:20 PM, maynard said:

Sub-bass means two things. Tommy is so bad at bass playing, they had to add sub-bass to make up for his mediocre work.

It also means Axl completely sucks at making an album on his own. Hundreds of layers, millions invested, dozens of musicians involved and CD still sounded bland and uninteresting. It's like a monkey driving a Ferrari.

Sub-bass is low bass frequencies. You can hear this most on TWAT during the chorus when there is bass frequencies that are playing what Tommy is playing during the chorus an octave lower, and on Better, where the bass frequencies collide alot because the sub-bass is just focusing on the progression when Tommy is doing transitions, so the fequencies collide.

Sub-bass that plays what a bass player is playing is a poor choice. It just collides and sometimes cancels out the bass frequencies so you then have no bottom end in some places. Or it overpowers a lick with too much bass. It also makes it muddy, because the bass that would have been clear and punchy, ends up just turning muddy. Its very noticeable with a subwoofer

Edited by Mendez