Could this be the beginning of everything..?

2 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

When did Fernando promise us that something big / good was gonna happen in 2-3 months time?  Was it early last year? I'm too lazy to dig old posts.

I remember many members here were calling his bluff when things were pretty quiet from the GN'R camp following that announcement....then this year....it bombed big time.

It was sometime in July/August. 

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Just a question.

When Axl was asked by TMZ about a reunion and his rebutal was "Not in this lifetime" this was in 2014 correct? It's possible things were already being discussed?

No, it was 2012, just a few months before GNR was inducted into the Rock n roll hall of fame. Here:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Lol guys what's wrong with you? Axl told you how it started, why searching for more?

I guess just Because he didn't give the complete truth. It's clearly deeper than "yeah Paul tollette called us and gave us an offer we couldn't refuse so we saw if it was legit, then when it was I called slash and we had dinner and it was a done deal" 

Russtcb pointed it out in the beginning of this thread; no one thought this threeunion would happen based on comments band members made for years. It was just downright nasty. Then all of a sudden a promoter calls the guys and they go "ok we will do it"... Give me a break. Axl didn't wake up one morning and just decide after hating slash for two decades that he loved him again. And Obviously a lot was going on behind the scenes for at least two years... 

Theyve been getting offers they couldn't refuse to reunite for years.. At least since before 2006 as I recall. Something obviously was different for them to do it now

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 6:37 PM, estranged_85 said:

I think media always made Axl's and Slash's feud bigger than it really was.

Axl said that he's never ruled out a reunion.

Remember that time where Axl flat out said either Slash or him would have to die in order for a reunion to happen?

22 hours ago, RooSaa said:

In June 2015 Frank Ferrar said in an interview:

"I don't know exactly what went down between those two but I haven't met Slash, he hasn't been around and he's not really welcome in the camp since I've been around."

So if Slash wasnt welcomed in June 2015, then the reunion talks have to be later???

- Hey Frank what songs do you feel like playing tonight? Would you like to give some input on the setlist? Oh, do you think I should get back with Slash?

• Like 1

On 13.09.2016. at 0:37 AM, estranged_85 said:

I think media always made Axl's and Slash's feud bigger than it really was.

Axl said that he's never ruled out a reunion.

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Remember that time where Axl flat out said either Slash or him would have to die in order for a reunion to happen?

I've always felt it's the media making this feud bigger then it was. Axl and Slash were never BFF, they never will be, but they did get along most of the time, they didn't really hate each other.

Axl said some bad stuff about Slash (cancer, one of use will die before reunion happens,NITL...), but I think it was just a reaction. I think Axl felt betrayed by Slash, and he needed to protect new guys in the band, show them support, so every time someone asked him about Slash or he saw a Slash reference he would get nervous and overreact. He's known to do that :D

So I kinda believe him when he says reunion was always an option. Option that became real when the time and circumstances were right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

You mean the -- Oh, I decided to reunite with Slash because Coachella asked -- thing that Axl said?

Are you serious in believe in this crap?

I don't know what went down in Axl's head. Why shouldn't I believe it? 

I don't believe that a reunion was always an option, but it seems that something cooled down between these two camps in the recent years, so why shouldn't Axl be willing to considering to reunite for a big amount of money?

13 hours ago, MisterNo said:

I've always felt it's the media making this feud bigger then it was. Axl and Slash were never BFF, they never will be, but they did get along most of the time, they didn't really hate each other.

Axl said some bad stuff about Slash (cancer, one of use will die before reunion happens,NITL...), but I think it was just a reaction. I think Axl felt betrayed by Slash, and he needed to protect new guys in the band, show them support, so every time someone asked him about Slash or he saw a Slash reference he would get nervous and overreact. He's known to do that :D

So I kinda believe him when he says reunion was always an option. Option that became real when the time and circumstances were right.

Really? When the people around Axl feel it necessary to compile enemy lists, walk out of bar mitzvahs and snub events because Slash is playing, I don't think it's a case of the media making a big deal out of things.

On 2016-09-15 at 7:07 AM, WhazUp said:

yes. I also remember him saying that he never really out ruled any reunion, think we have the answer now btw.. 

"not in this lifetime" One of us has to die before reunion" etc.. I think he said those things because he was tired of the reunion questions all the time from media.

On 2016-09-15 at 10:52 AM, MisterNo said:

this

On 9/15/2016 at 0:19 AM, sonofnazareth said:

The reunion was orchestrated by Paul Tobias and and Sharon Maynard from the vault through the use of advanced mind control techniques. 

This is brilliant. :lol:

On 9/15/2016 at 7:59 PM, Billsfan said:

I guess just Because he didn't give the complete truth. It's clearly deeper than "yeah Paul tollette called us and gave us an offer we couldn't refuse so we saw if it was legit, then when it was I called slash and we had dinner and it was a done deal" 

Russtcb pointed it out in the beginning of this thread; no one thought this threeunion would happen based on comments band members made for years. It was just downright nasty. Then all of a sudden a promoter calls the guys and they go "ok we will do it"... Give me a break. Axl didn't wake up one morning and just decide after hating slash for two decades that he loved him again. And Obviously a lot was going on behind the scenes for at least two years... 

Theyve been getting offers they couldn't refuse to reunite for years.. At least since before 2006 as I recall. Something obviously was different for them to do it now

Yes. They both went broke. Axl checked his bank balance and told his favorite leech Del James, "Get Slash on the phone. Time to pay the bills."

I made this timeline last November, when things were still rumours. It may help to complete the timeline!

FULL POST HERE

Spoiler

So, i'll go in chronological order.

July 1, 2014: Appetite for Democracy is released, Slash must have signed it so Axl can release it (Marc Canter confirmed this, as well with Slash's "Live at the Roxy", but that comes later).

August 12, 2014: Kings of Chaos post on Facebook.

12219433_10208657185814012_4158165123528

October 1, 2014: Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion".

October 6, 2014: Slash on Axl Rose's best qualities

December 6, 2014: Richard Fortus says that the "next GNR record" may feature a Slash cowrite.

http://GN’R are "days away" from announcing a world reunion tour

November 9, 2015: Cryptic tweets from official GNR twitter

12250166_10208657683786461_7657556572603

November 10, 2015: Duff McKagan: "I better get my shit together and keep going" (About the early days of GNR).

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-looks-back-on-guns-n-roses-early-days-video/#VXU1IPxJqJSDHPrM.99

November 12, 2015: Duff McKagan posts a picture with a hidden Guns N' Roses picture

duffgnrcover.jpg

November 12, 2015: Nikki Sixx and DJ Ashba say that a GNR is going to happen and that "everybody knows it". Also, DJ admits he left GNR so a reunion can take place.

kkk_zpsflovin3f.jpg

1z5kl1u.png

November 13, 2015: Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_guns_n_roses_reunion_wont_feature_izzy_stradlin_steven_adler_or_matt_sorum_nikki_sixx_confirms_band_are_coming_back.html?no_takeover

Also, every single newspaper in the world is picking up the reunion tour story, including Rolling Stone, BBC, and others. Here in Argentina, the rumours made it to the TV itself.

We've never been so close to a reunion like we're doing now. I'll keep the thread updated if new news come out. Would be nice if it's pinned so that everybody can check all the reunion news in one topic.

Please tell me if i'm missing something!

Also, we are forgetting the slot machine announcement wich featured Axl Slash and Duff. And that guitar that was signed by both Slash and Axl

Edited by GNRfanMILO

I remember someone pointing out that Axl was exceptionally talkative at the 6th June 2014 show and someone made a comment that something good must have happened for Axl to be in quite that good of a mood (not to mention Axl really went for it during those last couple of shows!) I wonder whether that might also be a date worth thinking about. It'd fit everything else we've seen so far.

3 minutes ago, koldweather said:

I remember someone pointing out that Axl was exceptionally talkative at the 6th June 2014 show and someone made a comment that something good must have happened for Axl to be in quite that good of a mood (not to mention Axl really went for it during those last couple of shows!) I wonder whether that might also be a date worth thinking about. It'd fit everything else we've seen so far.

Yup.

On September 15, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Billsfan said:

So bumblefoot (and Stinson who are we kidding he didn't even wanna tour anymore) left regardless of the reunion, this seems to confirm that. Things were certainly in motion in 2014.

In 2014 none of them knew its going to happen, they just heard rumblings from people behind the scenes. I guess thats time things were being negotiated between the 3 of them. 

As other members were basically hired hands, they can be fired/hired or not even get the call. I guess thats what happened with Tommy, but I guess he had already lost interest in GNR by that time. But he said last year if he gets the call, then he will be there.

I guess Dizzy, Fortus and Frank were only informed about this in December 2015. Yeah they would have heard it from the crew and all, but I guess the official agreement for them would have been signed by December.