RARE IZZY FOOTAGE - Live San Francisco 1993

3 hours ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Fuck Izzy's cool. It blows my mind the shit that circulated this forum about Duff v Izzy, Fortus doing a good job covering. I want to hear what new music created by the 5 would sound like today.  

This is great. GNR playing blues. Need more of that. NEED A NEW ALBUM ALREADY FFS!

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 16-9-2016 at 7:46 PM, ludurigan said:

Yes, same guy, Rick Richards.

I have reactivated a twitter account that I had used ONCE many years ago just to send some tweets to Izzy.

And I have sent many -- including a lot of ones asking him to tour!

rick richards does his best not to look like Slash too much

Further on this subject, the lyrics to Baby Rann are simply perfect. It is a typical blues inspired ''My baby ran away to insert some remote American location'' with the twist being that it is Vietnam she has ran away to! Now consider Vietnam's history, particularly in regards to its relations with America. Baby Rann is an old-fashioned 'Americana' ''my baby left me'' song - in reverse. It throws you off. Brilliant! It even has a mention of a train and an old suitcase in it!

And the guy (Izzy?) is left with only an old drooling dog for companionship. And as he said, he couldn't follow her to the airport because, ''she took my good suitcase''!

Dead pan, concise and droll like the best of Stradlin's lyrics.

Baby Rann didn't need Slash. It certainly didn't need Axl messing it up. It is a great song already.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Further on this subject, the lyrics to Baby Rann are simply perfect. It is a typical blues inspired ''My baby ran away to insert some remote American location'' with the twist being that it is Vietnam she has ran away to! Now consider Vietnam's history, particularly in regards to its relations with America. Baby Rann is an old-fashioned 'Americana' ''my baby left me'' song - in reverse. It throws you off. Brilliant! It even has a mention of a train and an old suitcase in it!

And the guy (Izzy?) is left with only an old drooling dog for companionship. And as he said, he couldn't follow her to the airport because, ''she took my good suitcase''!

Dead pan, concise and droll like the best of Stradlin's lyrics.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

20 hours ago, downliner said:

Couldn't find this on Youtube so thought I'd upload it for anyone who hasn't heard it :) In depth 25 minute interview with Izzy discussing GNR and his solo career.

Recorded in 2006 with Jeff Price of Tunecore.

This is a very nice interview. Great questions and Izzy seemed so relaxed. Loved it, thanks so much! :heart: