Guns N Roses' 'Use Your Illusion': A Look Back at Izzy Stradlin's Contributions

13 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

love love love Pretty Tied Up and this makes me love it more :headbang:

Like, ran out of likes...

Author didn't like, I like PTU... I liked the article. Timing was pretty good as some of the boards were getting pretty hard on Izzy...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I want a good quality version where you can see Izzy playing the don't cry intro.

There were videos from the Toronto show and the London show, but the Izzy is not shown when he plays it.....

That would break the narrative... LOL... Always on the look out for good shots, if I can find it, I will post...

10 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Duff McKagan said it all:

It is kinda absurd to question Izzy's contributions to the band, to be honest.

This. Excellent find. This alone shows why izzy should at least be given the opportunity to be a part of the partnership between Axl slash and duff. It should be the 4 of them making GNR decisions. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crazyman said:

This article was great...until it called 'Pretty Tied Up' a dud. Still enjoyed reading it, however.

Agreed. Misinformed politically correct morons like the idiots at rolling stone will argue that it's mysogenist and offensive to women.. When it was written based off of personal experiences. Which continues to show how izzy was actually a really great song writer for this band.

With acdc coming to an end I think Axl, slash and duff should call izzy up. Have a meeting, try to work it out. As cool as the band right now really is it just ain't right not having izzy there. Duff pulled a miracle getting Axl and slash to talk.. We just need one more

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed. Misinformed politically correct morons like the idiots at rolling stone will argue that it's mysogenist and offensive to women.. When it was written based off of personal experiences. Which continues to show how izzy was actually a really great song writer for this band.

With acdc coming to an end I think Axl, slash and duff should call izzy up. Have a meeting, try to work it out. As cool as the band right now really is it just ain't right not having izzy there. Duff pulled a miracle getting Axl and slash to talk.. We just need one more

LIKE... Out of likes right now...

• Like 1

On 16/09/2016 at 8:42 AM, thunderram said:

The author loses credibility with me when he disses "Pretty Tied Up" and refers to it as IZZY's only "dud". I get that it may not be a song the author cares for, but that doesn't by rule define it as subpar either.

While perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, I feel the song is widely liked by a majority of fans that are well versed in GN'R's full catalog.

I definitely agree.. 

I think it's a pretty snappy tune to be honest! 

On 9/16/2016 at 7:15 PM, Modano09 said:

The only Izzy song I didn't like is You Ain't The First. It sounds out of place and I don't get the love people seem to have for it. I probably don't love Double Talkin Jive as much as others either. I like it, but it's something I listen to if it comes on, I don't go out of my way to hear it. I love Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up though.

I used to hate You Ain't The First but it grew on me over the years.  I think for me it just sounds fun, like all of them around a campfire drinking a couple of beers and bitching about their relationships and having it culminate with a campfire jam lol

19 hours ago, Billsfan said:

They need to meet in the middle ground. Izzy wants 25% and the guys offered him $10,000 per night, which is only around 0.5% of the revenue after expenses for each show. They just proved with the first leg of the tour that they really don't need him to sell tickets, but it is still messed up that they are touring on a bunch of songs that wouldn't exist in their current form without Izzy (and some wouldn't exist at all without him).

Something like 10% of the after expenses revenue for each show would not be unfair considering everything we know about the situation, including the fact that they are having huge ticket sales even without Izzy. 10% would put him around $200,000 per show, which is a lot better than $10,000 per show. 

• Like 1