Street Of Dreams song,.??

Personally I don't want any songs from that dog of an album on the reunion tour. I didn't pay $650 for pit tickets in Brisbane to hear that shit.

However, In saying that. I gave the Album another listen on youtube a few days ago, to give it another chance, just in case I was having an aneurysm I was unaware of the first time I listened to it. 

I still cant listen through most, if not all of the songs on the album. It is such an unsurprising, uninspiring, disappointment.

The song I thought had the most potential to be a good gunners song was Street of dreams.

Edited by Good, Fuck'n, Night.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Love SOD. To me it sounds like a pure Illusions song. Would have been a top 10 rock hit back in the day. 

SOD, Better, Catcher and TWAT - Axl did hit a home run with that portion of CD. 

We usually agree on most things but not on this one it seems. The Blues/SOD could have been a classic but the final product is maudlin and overproduced imho. Even the 2002 live versions are significantly better than what ended up on the album. Felt the same about Catcher, another instance of a demo turning out better than the released version.

The 4 songs you brought up including Prostitute and Sorry all had potential to be worthy of UYI but they lacked Duff and Slash badly. Those two are the "guns" in gnr and let's face it, CD lacks swagger and riffage. Sorry could have been a classic with better lyrics imho. 

Chinese Democracy makes it clear how indispensable Izzy, Duff and Slash were to the equation.

On 9/18/2016 at 5:53 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather anal torture than chinese democracy material.

So I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Axl's Stephanie Seymour album?:lol:

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

We usually agree on most things but not on this one it seems. The Blues/SOD could have been a classic but the final product is maudlin and overproduced imho. Even the 2002 live versions are significantly better than what ended up on the album. Felt the same about Catcher, another instance of a demo turning out better than the released version.

The 4 songs you brought up including Prostitute and Sorry all had potential to be worthy of UYI but they lacked Duff and Slash badly. Those two are the "guns" in gnr and let's face it, CD lacks swagger and riffage. Sorry could have been a classic with better lyrics imho. 

Chinese Democracy makes it clear how indispensable Izzy, Duff and Slash were to the equation.

So I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Axl's Stephanie Seymour album?:lol:

I feel you. 

I fell in love with the original live recordings of The Blues. Back from  1999 or 2000 or whoever they came out. I must have listened to the "ok, never mind" song recording 10,000 times by the time CD came out. And the leak before the what I'd tell ya parts at the end. 

So by the time CD came out I was almost burnt out on most of it. I listened to The Blues probably more times than anybody in the world. The final version definitely had the balls taken out of it. 

CD would have been a classic rock album if it was released in the early  2000s and wasn't "layered" to death. 

Imo. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Apollo said:

Love SOD. To me it sounds like a pure Illusions song. Would have been a top 10 rock hit back in the day. 

SOD, Better, Catcher and TWAT - Axl did hit a home run with that portion of CD. 

I just found that the SOD 2002 era version was great,  the band really tight,  the melody,  the synth,  intro by richard,. Just great,  wonder why axl get rid of that sweet intro,??.. 

• Like 1

Good chance SOD & Maddy will make the set next year. I would love to hear Slash on both of them. 

Order of original stuff that should be before any more CD: Think About You, RNDTH, Perfect Crime & Bad Obsession, Locomotive, So Fine & Pretty Tied Up, Down On The Farm & Hair Of The Dog, then....

SOD, Shacklers & Maddy  

6 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Good chance SOD & Maddy will make the set next year. I would love to hear Slash on both of them. 

Order of original stuff that should be before any more CD: Think About You, RNDTH, Perfect Crime & Bad Obsession, Locomotive, So Fine & Pretty Tied Up, Down On The Farm & Hair Of The Dog, then....

SOD, Shacklers & Maddy  

I hope Shackler's never sees the light of day again

• Like 4

3 hours ago, axlweave said:

Street of Dreams is ok, but its not better than This i Love, besides This i Love received great crowd reactions live on this tour, and that song is from the Illusion period not SOD

This I love has the cheesiest lyrics of any GnR song in history. 

Were the crowd reactions louder and stronger for TIL than for other songs? 

Not one person has said that SOD was from the Illusions era. But it does sound like it could have been. 

Musical taste is all about personal preference. 

On September 17, 2016 at 4:15 PM, SWINGTRADER said:

They don't play it because playing 4 shitty songs(CD) per setlist is enough?

Why a GNR fan would want a reunited GNR lineup to play shit songs from a solo album instead of the classic material from those musicians is beyond me.

There is a lot f material that this band needs to play again. No need to fill the setlist with awful crap that has nothing to do with GNR. They already do enough covers like "The Seeker".

Not everyone hates the CD material, and not everyone falsely considers it a solo record.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

There's not much I don't like with Axl on it. Off that album Rhiad & Scraped are ordinary but the rest is awesome. Every album has at least one poor track but Shacklers IMO is not one of them.  

I think Riad has a solid chorus (especially the longer 2nd chorus), but the everything else is lacking. On Scraped, i think it has a killer backing riff for the solo section, but i hate those damn "ayooooo"s. I think Axl should have done away with the "dont you try to stop us now" chorus part and just kept the backing "i'd give anything to know..." parts instead as the chorus. Also doesnt help that both of these songs have 5+ guitars at the same time, making it a shitty mix, (plus synth parts that dont add anything useful to the song)

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1