The Chaotic, Crazed story of Use Your Illusion -- Classic Rock Magazine

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl also said in the TMS interview that he wasn't sure how "coincidental" Duff's room getting out next to his was...he seemed to think there was a conspiracy. 

But here's to that receptionist that was enough of a gnr fan to connect the two names and get them close again. 

Well there are only so many expensive ass suites in a hotel (Duffs people arranged for a huge hotel room to hold meetings, and Axl likes to live large). So maybe it is a coincidence that two out of the very few penthouse-eques suites were next to eachothers 

13 hours ago, RONIN said:

There is another minor discrepancy in that (otherwise great) article -- the story about how Duff re-connected with Axl at his hotel room. The original story goes that Duff was informed that Axl was next door by the front desk and then knocked on Axl's door. In this version, Duff had cranked up the music in his room and an irritated Axl was knocking on his door.

Kinda hard to fuck that up when you consider the story came from Duff and it never changed. 

This article is years old.  Since its inception, Classic Rock Magazine have been very critical of Axl and very supportive of all the other original members (except for Adler maybe, but can you blame them ?).  I am not the biggest fan of Axl's antics, but I'm a subscriber and it's very dissapointing to be excited with a new feature on your favourite band, only to have them going off on Axl for the whole of the article.  That's not very informative or objective.  It gets old very fast.  There's also always a number of errors in their reporting, stuff that could be easily fact-checked, but for some reason they seem to skip that part often.  Makes me wonder what kinda mistakes are in other band's articles (which I may not know that much about, and take for fact).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kara said:

Yeah there were just too many conflicting personalities and attitudes and every one of them had a different way of handling things. Not one of them was ever on the same page at the same time so it wasn't any ONE persons fault. Yet somehow, all the blame always seems to fall on Axl and I think that's really unfair considering that state of mind each band member was in during and throughout the UYI ear and prior to that.

What? Since when does all the blame always fall on Axl? Slash has been destroyed on this forum for almost twenty years. A mental stupid junkie who is obsessed with cash and publicity whose entire career is owed to his association to Axl. That was the mantra of Axl worshippers on this forum for almost twenty years.  Of course, once he and Axl reconnected then - magically - all that hate disappeared. (Funny how fans change their opinion solely based on what Axl is doing).

Now go read the comments in this topic. Pretty much every post longer than a sentence has placed the blame on all members of the band. Axl turning into a dictator, Izzy quitting, Slash/Duff/Adler becoming drug addicts. Nobody is solely blaming Axl. 

This "everybody is always out to get Axl" narrative really doesn't line up with reality. This topic proves that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What? Since when does all the blame always fall on Axl? Slash has been destroyed on this forum for almost twenty years. A mental stupid junkie who is obsessed with cash and publicity whose entire career is owed to his association to Axl. That was the mantra of Axl worshippers on this forum for almost twenty years.  Of course, once he and Axl reconnected then - magically - all that hate disappeared. (Funny how fans change their opinion solely based on what Axl is doing).

Now go read the comments in this topic. Pretty much every post longer than a sentence has placed the blame on all members of the band. Axl turning into a dictator, Izzy quitting, Slash/Duff/Adler becoming drug addicts. Nobody is solely blaming Axl. 

This "everybody is always out to get Axl" narrative really doesn't line up with reality. This topic proves that. 

I don't mean within the confines of this forum. I'm talking about the way it seems to always be portrayed by the media and so forth. 

• Like 1

Here's some mistakes at first glance :

- Donington was not '87 obviously, but a year later.

- The caption under the live Duff pic says 1988 while it's obviously an UYI pic.

West Arkeen did die in 1997 though, on May 30th to be exact.  His album 'Anxious Disease' was released in 1996.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2016 at 5:12 PM, RONIN said:

There is another minor discrepancy in that (otherwise great) article -- the story about how Duff re-connected with Axl at his hotel room. The original story goes that Duff was informed that Axl was next door by the front desk and then knocked on Axl's door. In this version, Duff had cranked up the music in his room and an irritated Axl was knocking on his door.

Axl's comment from 2010 show:  “There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit. What the fuck? Oh — it’s Duff!”

Not sure who was knocking on who's door but I think Duff definitely wanted to get his attention. 

If all your band mates are doing hard drugs mixed with alcohol 24/7,  even one of them actually kinda died for a few minutes because of that and needed to be resusitated, u have to kick out another for not being able to play ( also becauso drugs abusing), well yeS, its time to take control of the ship.

I mean,  i would.

Keep in mind that axl even said some things about him living the band or something like that on 1988, 89, i guess .. But somehow he wasnt allowed to.

Slash and duff has been 100% sober for a few years now( they both felt off the wagon on vr,)  and guess what.. THEYRE BACK IN THE BAND. 

On 19/09/2016 at 1:28 AM, Apollo said:

Absolutely..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

If all your band mates are doing hard drugs mixed with alcohol 24/7,  even one of them actually kinda died for a few minutes because of that and needed to be resusitated, u have to kick out another for not being able to play ( also becauso drugs abusing), well yeS, its time to take control of the ship.

I mean,  i would.

Keep in mind that axl even said some things about him living the band or something like that on 1988, 89, i guess .. But somehow he wasnt allowed to.

Slash and duff has been 100% sober for a few years now( they both felt off the wagon on vr,)  and guess what.. THEYRE BACK IN THE BAND. 

Wow. Your Axl devotion is at a 10. I will give you that. 

On 2016-09-19 at 3:12 AM, RONIN said:

I was always under the assumption that even though Duff makes it sound like happenstance, that in fact, Duff knew Axl would be there and that this was his opportunity to reach out to him.