Chinese Democracy: Finally giving it a chance

Axl Roses Future Wife

When Chinese Democracy first came out, I was disappointed.  It sounded nothing like Guns n Roses previous albums and I basically threw the album in the back of my closet and that was that.  Now that I'm older and more open minded when it comes to music, I've decided to give it another chance, and I have to say I'm not as disappointed anymore.  Quite the opposite actually.  This is the deepest and most diverse album I've ever listened to.  I'm still listening to it now and haven't finished the whole thing yet or delved into the lyrics more but when I do I'll come back on here and write some more.  But for now, I'd like some other people's opinions on this album.  Preferably from people who have listened to this album at length and are knowledgeable about it.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Didn't you say you got into GN'R like two months ago? :ph34r:

I got into them again two months ago after seeing their concert.  I had heard their music before and had their tapes and that one Chinese Democracy album but I never followed them or watched them on tv or anything. Sorry, I haven't seen that thread that's on here already.  I guess I should just stop posting on here because I can't do anything right.

7 minutes ago, Axl Roses Future Wife said:

I got into them again two months ago after seeing their concert.  I had heard their music before and had their tapes and that one Chinese Democracy album but I never followed them or watched them on tv or anything. Sorry, I haven't seen that thread that's on here already.  I guess I should just stop posting on here because I can't do anything right.

lol here it is, I found it for you :)

And you may be interested on this one too:

Have fun! :headbang:

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

When this album came out, I got a funny feeling that there's something wrong today, I got another funny feeling and it just din't go away.

But I went to the the store and asked if there is Chinese Democracy available and the sales person said it don't really matter you're gonna find it out yourself, it don't really matter, i'm gonna give this album to somebody else. 

So I said Ay ooo Don't you try to stop me, Ay ooo, You can't refuse, Ay ooo, don't you try to stop me now, cause I won't let you.

So she told me to forgive her if her intentions were misunderstood and told me to be kind, she said she saw the damage in me (cause most prob. I was asking for CD.) Then she started to say what if she told me she is to blame and what would I do if I had to deny her name and what if she told me she loved me and I then I walked away. 

I was like I won't be told anymore, cause iv'e been waiting for this album for so long, I can't find my way back to any other store. For the many times, this album seemed like a memory, ive searched and found the leaks, Oh I found the ways, Oh why it had to be, Axl's own denial and so afraid. 

She said that she knows me better and i should know that I am better? and now she knows better. 

I was like Ok thank you.....I don't want to do eet and Im sorry for you and not sorry for me.

So then I came out of the store and I was walking on the street of dreams, this same street is also called the blues and I have no idea why, then I saw some broken glass and cigarettes with some writing on the wall, I thought I finally bought CD so it was a bargain for the summer and I thought I had it all, but it was a long for you, it was a long time for me, it was a long time for everyone. 

Then I saw this fat kid with Glasses who had this book Catcher In the Rye in his hand and I guess he was waiting for someone, So i went up to him asked who is he waiting for , so he started to say when all is said and done, we're not the only ones, who look at life this way, that's what John Lennon says, But every time I see him, makes me wish I had a gun, If I thought that I was crazy, Well I guess I'd have more fun.

I said you don't have to think, YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY. I told him If the world end today then all the dreams he had would all just drift away, so I handed over the album to him and told him Listen mother fucker to this album which should be heard, thrown down in the gutter, its more than you deserve, what can I do? with a bitch like you. 

He had a CD player with him, so he put the CD in that and started to listen, I just started to walk away towards the shore cause I couldn't find my way back anymore, then I heard a gunshot, then I thought All the love in the world couldn't save him, all the innocence inside, so hard I tried to change him, oh to change him his mind. 

Thank you @Slash787 That was seriously awesome!!!!

• Like 1

I'm still struggling to forgive the lyrical clanger, ''sitting in a Chinese stew''.

Perhaps the most surprising thing about the album is, he did not even get the lyrics right: 'no Slash and Izzy' and you would have perhaps expected something musically lacking, but lyrics are supposed to be his forte.

To put this most clearly, we went from ''Estranged'' to ''Sorry''!

• Like 4

it was a good album, but i haven't listened to in a while, i think the last time i listened to a song from it, is when mygnr overloaded requests to a local rock station up here to play better, even the dj was perplexed lol

• Like 1

While at the heart of it there are some good-great songs the official album is a fucking turd.

Too many cooks spoiled the broth.

Ron and Frank only detract from the album, written and recorded years before either were in the band/employed.

Thal's AWFUL, directionless noodling through IRS is criminal- every space that song had clogged up by widdle diddle...same goes for the title track.

The leaks all sound way better than the final album.

Copy pasting Ron and Frank onto it was a HUGE mistake.

TIL is more embarrassing than My World, So Fine and Get In The Ring put together.

Totally agree with Diesel Daisy about the lyrics too, on point.

Pretty much every song is a "woe is me" affair and it's a bit of a drag.

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

Even some of Axls singing on that album is awful. I can't stand his vocals on If The World, Scraped, Riad N' The Bedouins, just to name some off the top my head. 

Especially If The World though, that song reminds me of a Simply Red song or something :shrugs:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Even some of Axls singing on that album is awful. I can't stand his vocals on If The World, Scraped, Riad N' The Bedouins, just to name some off the top my head. 

Especially If The World though, that song reminds me of a Simpley Red song or something :shrugs:

Out of likes, those songs give me a headache. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys!!!! I appreciate all of it!!! And all of you! Thank you so much! I think I like some of it mostly the lyrics because of who I am and what I've been through.  Axl and I are alike in a lot of ways so I've been told.  That being said I did enjoy parts of the album but don't know what was up with Axl's voice and why it sounded so different.  And the music put to the songs most of it was great but too much was put into each song it was starting to give me a migraine.  This I Love the lyrics were so beautiful but I think it could have been done so much better.