Tonight will probably be the last AC/DC concert ever

Radio flyer

They had a hell of a run, but in all probability tonight's show will be their last ever. I think that Axl did an admirable job, but between Brian's hearing loss, Malcolm's dementia, Phil's meth-fueled death threats and now Cliff's retirement I think it's time to permanently hang up the devil horns. 

For those of you going to tonight's show, I salute you. 

Edited by Radio flyer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Radio flyer said:

They had a hell of a run, but in all probability tonight's show will be their last ever. I think that Axl did an admirable job, but between Brian's hearing loss, Phil's dementia, Malcolm's meth-fueled death threats and now Cliff's retirement I think it's time to permanently hang up the devil horns. 

For those of you going to tonight's show, I salute you. 

You mixed Phil and Malcolm up

I dont see Angus retiring with how much fun hes having in these shows. A new singer is always a breath of fresh air and it seems Angus is really motivated now. Cant wait for an actual album coming out (probably sooner than a GNR record, fucking lol)

For the Cliff problem, I think ACDC is just gonna take up one of their old bass players, like Mark Evans who came before Cliff.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I think that Angus will continue in some capacity.....but this is it for AC/DC. I was actually surprised when they continued without Malcolm, so in the history books everything post 2012 os so will be a weird Epilogue. With that said, I really do think that Axl did a great job filling in.....but AC/DC without Brian, Malcolm and Phil is not AC/DC. 

17 minutes ago, AlterL said:

If Axl made it from 2001 to 2014 without Slash then Angus can make AC/DC work for a couple of more years, besides it's not like Axl will quit on him if he chooses to carry on.

GNR was not exactly basking in success ,commercially or critically, during those years. 

It has been a fun experiment this year, but Axl filled in because AC/DC had committed to the tour already, so he stepped in and saved their ass. 

porkey.jpg

58 minutes ago, radioflyer said:

GNR was not exactly basking in success ,commercially or critically, during those years. 

It has been a fun experiment this year, but Axl filled in because AC/DC had committed to the tour already, so he stepped in and saved their ass. 

porkey.jpg

Obviously not nearly as popular as today or they heyday, I would argue that they had much more success than most people thought possible. as for AC/DC they're troopers they always have been, if one guy falls behind he gets replaced, as long as Angus is there people will pay to see him, plus Axl made it pretty clear that he's in until Angus decides he is not, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for Angus to fire Axl or look for another vocalist.

Raised on ACDC like every good, red blooded Aussie male used to be...I'm saddened by the thought of this.

Incredible band, it's a terrible shame to see how things have unraveled in the past few years...especially Mal with dementia.

My Grandad had dementia, it's really ignoble.

29 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Well it's last show for couple years, it always take them 5 years for new tour and I really hope that it will be case this time too or better Angus retiring.

Brian and Cliff were most of the reason the album/tour cycle has been so drawn out for so long. Cliff had issues with his hand (Arthritis I think? I'm not exactly sure what), and Brian just liked to have a good amount of downtime between tours. With both of them out of the picture, I don't see it being as long before the next album and tour. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 2 years, 3 tops. If Angus truly wants to push forward with AC/DC, he knows he won't be able to do it forever. Why waste time if the people who liked the downtime are now out of the picture?

• Like 1

On September 28, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Powerage5 said:

Brian and Cliff were most of the reason the album/tour cycle has been so drawn out for so long. Cliff had issues with his hand (Arthritis I think? I'm not exactly sure what), and Brian just liked to have a good amount of downtime between tours. With both of them out of the picture, I don't see it being as long before the next album and tour. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 2 years, 3 tops. If Angus truly wants to push forward with AC/DC, he knows he won't be able to do it forever. Why waste time if the people who liked the downtime are now out of the picture?

I could be wrong but I think Cliffs issues were during the recording of Black Ice, not Rock or Bust. Presumably Malcolms health issues became a consideration in the timing for Rock or Bust (and also because they had a fairly long tour for Black Ice). 

Totally agree that if Angus wants to push forward he can't wait forever, but given the Guns tour and that he probably wants a break anyway, I can't see anything happening before 2018.