Kid Rock: "To me Axl is one of the greatest rock singers on this planet"

A lot of Kid Rock hate.....I kind of dig him.  Saw him at Soldier Field twice (opening for Jovi).  He was fun...I dig some of his tunes.  Pretty sure I own one of his earlier albums but don't think I could name more than 1 or 2 songs of his.

Solid 'artist' though. 

12 hours ago, RONIN said:

I always thought Eminem was the millennial generation's Axl. Talented, didn't give a fuck and had a giant chip on his shoulder like the redhead.

I said this back in like 2001 on some GNR message boards and I was SLAUGHTERED for suggesting it.  I still believe it though.  Now that Eminem has sort of become a recluse in his own right if you review his career I still see a lot of similarities. 

18 hours ago, Mendez said:

I don't think Lars ever had a problem with Axl, seems like hes the only who would hang out with GNR backstage in 92. He was in the music video for "Better" in a backstage scene (from 2006 as well, which he signed off on the footage for use i think in 2008). Plus he was at one of the Coachella nights (likely invited by Axl).

Who is the huge security guy?

19 hours ago, Modano09 said:

His music is hit or miss with me but I've been a fan of his since his response to Napster was "instead of making $10 million I make $5 million...so what?" 

In retrospective Napster was never the Problem. At the beginning it was the mp3 Format itself, then the Highspeed Internet with Flatrates...and since 2005 the music industry was simply killed by the the Internet overload (YouTube, etc). I mean, how much can u consume? Its simply too much Information. Today i only use Radio and YouTube. And rock musicians get their money from their old Hits and Tours. 120 mio $ for 20 concerts is bigger succes than the UYI Tour.

21 hours ago, RONIN said:

I think Lars was referenced in Axl's infamous Metallica rant in Sacramento '93. 

James has suggested in interviews that Lars was a gnr/Axl fanboy who bought into Axl's rock god persona and the decadence of GnR back in the day. Lars wanted to be a rockstar in the mold of Axl, Duff and Slash -- which is why he behaved like a fanboy around Axl "Pose" (as James would say).

Yeah Lars was mentioned in Axl's 93' rant. He said something about Lars calling him and sucking up to him.  Axl said he couldn't trust him.

9 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Kid Rock fucking sucks.

It's a sad state of affairs when we are looking to Kid Rock for what's quality and what isn't.

If I could give you 1,000 like for this post, I would. See below:

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

He is a god here in detroit but I am not a fan

I fucking HATE that about the people in this area. If you don't just adore Kid Rock, you're an idiot to most people around here. Every single time someone mentions that I have to love Kid Rock because he's from Detroit, I end up in a large argument.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kara said:

I was really into him back in the late 90s when he was first introduced, and I guess I'd still call myself a fan. But it's been SO long since I've heard anything new from him. Has he put anything out recently?

Pretty sure his last few albums have been mostly country/generic modern rock. The last new song of his I heard on the radio sounded like a Nickelback cover.

But tbh, Rock N Roll Jesus is his only album that's decent.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If I could give you 1,000 like for this post, I would. See below:

I fucking HATE that about the people in this area. If you don't just adore Kid Rock, you're an idiot to most people around here. Every single time someone mentions that I have to love Kid Rock because he's from Detroit, I end up in a large argument.

oh thank god. I wasnt too harsh cause i didnt know how you felt about him lol

Kid rock fucking sucks. Its cool hes supported detroit but i think everything else about him stinks

• Like 1