Underrated NuGN'R Peformance

I never see anyone talk about the performance of Shackler's Revenge from the O2 Arena 2012. I think Axl sounds great on this song! Rest of the concert, not so much but he sings the song with full rasp. The guitars are also really good and it's kind of useless to think about now, but (as much as I prefer the current line-up), this shows me how much potential NuGN'R could've had if Axl didn't sit on his ass and eat Taco Bell all day. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Is this some kind of joke?

1) the majority of the vocals from this gig were heavily edited prior to release 

2) The layer of vocals in this song which are quite audibly Axl's from the night are distinctively 'Mickey' throughout

3) There's so many layers added vocally that you can hardly tell what's being said at times

• Like 1

The only good thing about the 02 show was Izzy Stradlin.

Everything else was this typical NuGNR thing, I feel bad for the people who went cause they had to deal with stupid models, but I won't go deep in that topic as it has been discussed before.

Immediately after 02, they had performed in Rotterdam where I saw them for the first and last time and to me they did sound good and I enjoyed the show, yeah Axl coming 3 hours late was a big disappointment. 

The sad thing with Axl's solo band line ups was that not one line up sounded good, only bits and pieces of them were great. 

For example in 2002 the only good thing in the band was Bucket head, everything else including Axl's voice was shitty.

In 2006, Axls voice was amazing, but the band sounded shitty, the tone of the guitarists were awful. 

• Like 1

Hell I'll be damned but I loved that performance, most of that show actually. But I enjoyed many of the shows from 2000 to 2014 so that's not surprising however I think the best performance of Shackler's Revenge was the one in Philly 2012. Awesome from start to finish, really miss the "virtuoso" fell of Bumblefoot and Buckethead.

• Like 2

The band never could perform Shackler's Revenge live properly. Mainly because DJ Slashbas inability to correctly play the riff (maybe to fast for him?), which results in Fortus playing the original riff, Bumblefoot paying his parts that he recorded, and DJ playing an extremely dumbed down chords to the riff. 3 guys playing different things at once. Plus with Dizzy/Pitmans weird synth organ thing in the background.

Oh and Axl never actually sang the melody correctly, like ever

Edited by Mendez