Bands that make you change radio stations

Tiffani

What bands are like sandpaper to your ears? What bands make you change the radio station when you're listening? 

For me it's Reo Speedwagon and that horrid Hootie and The Blowfish, sometimes Pearl Jam and Creed.

All of the above is sad, sorry assed, whiny shit to me, Hootie being the absolute worst. I'm so happy their music is no longer on a constant rotation. It makes me want to scratch my eyes out!

Edited by Tiffani

1 hour ago, Tiffani said:

What bands are like sandpaper to your ears? What bands make you change the radio station when you're listening? 

For me it's Reo Speedwagon and that horrid Hootie and The Blowfish, sometimes Pearl Jam and Creed.

All of the above is sad, sorry assed, whiny shit to me, Hootie being the absolute worst. I'm so happy their music is no longer on a constant rotation. It makes me want to scratch my eyes out!

Coldplay, Radiohead (although they are not often on the radio) and U2 are my bête noire bands. Those three are despicable individuals. Piss stains. Blots on humanity. There should be an UN Resolution against Bono - kill on sight. But more specific to the radio, I remember a Leona Lewis song which was all the rage one Christmas; it was so dreary it made me want to smash my radio up. I cannot remember the name but it just consists of a load of XFactor-esque audiotuned whining.

• Like 3

I don't like classic rock, mainstream rock, (really just no rock except for a few specific exceptions) or contemporary country. I can usually tolerate anything else.

I haven't had to experience this lately, got Spotify hooked up to my car, so I could conceivably go my entire life without ever hearing Pearl Jam again (this warms my heart)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

Creed, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Matchbox 20, Coldplay, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Korn, Tool...oh man, too many to name.

edit: add Pearl Jam and STP to that too.

Yes, add them to my list - all the numetal acts. I obviously hate late 90s - naughties rock.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, Tiffani said:

Girl I agree with those bands you named. I also hate any rap artists.

I basically love hard rock and metal bands. Don't like the so called new rock. Yuck.

Most of the time, I play a cd when I'm in the car.

10 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Creed, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Matchbox 20, Coldplay, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Korn, Tool...oh man, too many to name.

Agree with you too.

16 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Guns N' Roses.

But seriously, I don't listen to the radio.

On no, say it ain't so!

• Like 1

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:04 PM, DR DOOM said:

Why do you have to be such a good egg and then go and still not like STP? You're breaking my heart, Doom.

2 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I know man...never liked Nirvana either.

Add Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and any of that rubbish.

You're killing me lol. 

Yeah fucking hate Jack Johnson :lol: but Ben Harper gets lumped in with that whole Wayfarers surf douche, djembes and acoustic guitars on the beach wanker crowd unfairly :lol: but he's got some really good soul/folk and Stonesy stuff. Really recommend his Both Sides of the Gun album. 

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Damn... people really do not like Pearl Jam!

One fantastic debut album followed by a careers worth of music for Foo Fighters fans that are part time libtards. On the other hand,  a band as diverse as STP gets the undeserved misnomer of being a PJ rip off and called post grunge when they weren't anything as such.