ACDC fans salute Axl

Andy14

This one is so, so true. One of the best comments I' ve read lately.

I think Axl sees in Angus a father like figure. I know the age difference is not that big but Axl never had a real father other than the piesce of shit that molested him when he was a child. And Angus never had a son.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I found this thread on the ACDC forum, it's really great to read things like that. 

http://www.acdcfans.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=12152&page=1#Item_0

I chose the first post but there's more praise for Axl :headbang:

"I do admit, I was as big an Axl hater when he was first announced as the "guest vocalist" as anyone else in here. I was a click away from refunding my tickets to the MSG show last wee too. I am so glad I decided to go as my hate turned to gratitude.

I just want to thank Axl Rose. If not for you, me and a lot of other loyal AC/DC fans around the world wouldn't of had the opportunity to see this great band maybe for the last time. I got to hear songs like LW, IYWB, RiRa, RNRDa and Problem Child live for the first time(and I've been going to shows since 2000). 

I think Axl did a great job knowing his place and giving Angus the stage. He never tried to upstage anyone and hardly spoke in between songs(nothing new for AC/DC I know) I dont even think he did that side to side shake dance he does in GNR. I don't think anyone in GNR would get away with throwing Axls hat off of his head and getting a hug like Angus got last night. Axl did a great job giving each band member their due last night and I think hanging with class act guys like Cliff has rubbed off on him. He sang incredibly and in standard tuning. 

Whatever happens next for our favorite band won't change the fact that ROB has been a very special tour for me personally. I got open the tour at the listening party in Nov of 2014 in NYC and got to close it out last night in Philly. I also lost my dad in March of this year and attended my first AC/DC concert without him last week. Life is short, nothing is forever....appreciate what we have in the moment. Thank you AC/DC for everything

P.S. Axl, I still hate that hat." 
:rofl-lol:

Love reading all this damn positiveness! It's the best. :D

I loved him filling in on the tour. It was great seeing him do something a little different without a dozen guitar players and half dozen keyboard players. If Guns don't put out anything new, maybe we will have something else to look forward too. Best of both worlds for Axl fans. Great job!

• Like 1

On 22/09/2016 at 0:19 AM, blackieloveless said:

Axl Kicked ass vocally ... a few things i thinks he needs to change as a frontman imo  for ac/dc though .  1)  loose the layered  look    2) stop the dancing ac/dc is not a disco

I agree with him losing the layered look altogether, it's very unflattering. Yet the best thing is he got rid of the moustache, the sunglasses & the hats which is far more important. We went through a long stage where that's all we saw & never got to see his face, as long as he's bareheaded & clean shaven I'll cope with the layers. He did an amazing job & obviously he and Angus have formed a great friendship which is lovely to see.

Good on you Axl, you have done yourself proud & giving Angus the stage most of the time while staying back in the shadows showed a lot of respect. The Young family are a large family so hopefully they'll continue on with the band & try to ignore the "hired hands" comments that have been thrown around by GNR fans for years.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, -W.A.R- said:

its still surreal to me that Axl fronted AC/DC 

it's all part of a very strange ( but good ) series of events this year for me :)

9 hours ago, rock4eva said:

I agree with him losing the layered look altogether, it's very unflattering. Yet the best thing is he got rid of the moustache, the sunglasses & the hats which is far more important. We went through a long stage where that's all we saw & never got to see his face, as long as he's bareheaded & clean shaven I'll cope with the layers. He did an amazing job & obviously he and Angus have formed a great friendship which is lovely to see.

Good on you Axl, you have done yourself proud & giving Angus the stage most of the time while staying back in the shadows showed a lot of respect. The Young family are a large family so hopefully they'll continue on with the band & try to ignore the "hired hands" comments that have been thrown around by GNR fans for years.

i agree with every single word you have written here! :D

• Like 1

On 9/22/2016 at 7:19 AM, blackieloveless said:

Axl Kicked ass vocally ... a few things i thinks he needs to change as a frontman imo  for ac/dc though .  1)  loose the layered  look    2) stop the dancing ac/dc is not a disco

Oh so stop feeling the music the way he feels it. Ok.  :facepalm:

• Like 2

I tell you I wasn't very surprised how amazing Axl sang for AC/DC.

I would never have guessed in a million years how well they fit together.

I would have still respected Axl for trying incase he messed up, but stepping up for a band who was one of the first metal bands in the world, was brave in itself.

Axl singing for AC/DC was one of the greatest thing to come out of 2016 and many many AC/DC fans were very pleased and surprised with it.:lol:

• Like 1

I love watching Axl get into the music, whether it's with GNR or AC/DC. He is an energetic frontman who feels what he feels and expresses himself as such.... and if that is through throwing his mike stand, running, kicking up his boots like crazy OR dancing!  Then so be it! :lol:

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I tell you I wasn't very surprised how amazing Axl sang for AC/DC.

I would never have guessed in a million years how well they fit together.

I would have still respected Axl for trying incase he messed up, but stepping up for a band who was one of the first metal bands in the world, was brave in itself.

Axl singing for AC/DC was one of the greatest thing to come out of 2016 and many many AC/DC fans were very pleased and surprised with it.:lol:

Axl singing for ACDC is one of the craziest things to happen in the history of music...if you're an NFL fan it's like Johnny Manziel leading the Patriots to the super bowl after losing Brady. 

Its really cool that there will be hundreds of thousands of fans who will never forget the time they saw it. 

Still hoping Axl gets recognized with an award for the tours he put on this year. Surely it won't be overlooked 

One of the biggest things ever to happen to music, and I'm pleased on two levels:

I got to see it first hand and that Axl Rose proved to millions why he is the greatest voice currently out there. The man is a fucking champion.

• Like 1