Next tour, Tommy Stinson on bass?

mikeman5150

If AXL/DC continues, do you think Tommy Stinson is a possibility to take over on bass? Considering his rapport with Axl and the fact that he will probably be a pretty cheap option. The guy spent 15 years kinda hiding in the background in nu guns, he would probably fit in fine. He was also the first to praise both Axl and ACDC for their collaboration. 

Edited by mikeman5150
Added

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I love Tommy, but he'd be a terrible fit.

I don't know if he'd be that terrible. I mean his punk style is pretty simple, usually 3 chords, Acdc is pretty much the same. It doesn't seem to be too technically involved. I was basically saying I thought he'd be good because he has plenty experience sinking in the background. Whoever angus recruits, I'm sure that is what he will want them to do. 

I doubt we'll see Mark Evans back even though he'd be the ideal choice and certainly help in the legitimacy department. I'm honestly not sure who I'd want.

I don't see Slade going anywhere - yeah he's nearly 70 but he's still drumming at an incredible level and being that he's a workaholic he'll probably still be on stage when he's 85.

I'd like to see Axl and Tommy sharing the stage again so why not but is he the right guy? With Duff it would inmediatly become a literally Guns/DC i mean like even more Guns than ACDC as angus Being the sole original and 2 origin Gnr dudes so that'd be kinda weird but i sure hope this thing keeps going cuz man Axl and Angus are such a good fit!! And i would love an album!

• Like 1

On 23.9.2016 at 6:52 PM, Juventino said:

Pitman's free these days. Which AC/DC songs could use a towel?

Pitman is a very talented bass player. I don't see a reason to slam him.

but the best choice would be George Young IMO. I agree with @Powerage5 about Tommy. he was great in GN'R but AC/DC? I can't imagine that.

• 1 month later...

Don't care. I want the relative on rhythm again. Horrid backing vocals but he's great.

Slade is a fine AC/DC drummer, he's no Phil Rudd though.

It can kinda be Nu AC/DC. It's a different band altogether.

Killer line up though, with any bass player. I'm sure they can find someone. I just hope Angus is gonna continue.

My epic dream is another AC/DC album with back to a more Bon Scott type vocals and lyrics with Axl's vocal range it has the potential to be truly great.