Richard Fortus Interview: GN'R Has Talked About Playing A Show In Cuba

Guitarist Richard Fortus Interviewed by Sweetwater

Published on Sep 21, 2016

When asked about his experience playing a show in Cuba with The Dead Daisies.

Richard Fortus: Man the shows were incredible. They were just so passionate about it and so...it was insane, really great, really great. We had a fantastic experience I think that's probably why...I think those guys went back and told the Stones guys, you gotta do something down there. And it's funny because with GN'R we were talking about trying to figure that out as well. You know because that would be...the Stones could have gone there at any point, cause they're Brits. But for GN'R we would be the first American band.  

Sweetwater: That would be very cool.  

Richard Fortus: Yeah, it would be fun. It was a really fantastic experience. It's a special place.

Starting at 16:05:

1 hour ago, Funky.Monkey said:

He also says he hopes GN'R comes back to the U.S. after Australia/New Zealand "because we didn't hit a lot of markets."

They really should. Instead of a dumb back to back in New York and then hitting Toronto, they should have hit buffalo in between. Also, no thank you to these moronic Sunday night shows 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

The organizers, management and the big 3 will decide that, not Fortus. 

I know that I didn't mean Richard should decide, but whoever does, get the money upfront

I know fans of GNR would love to see them live, but the people of Cuba need so many  things they don't have, so maybe bands who play there should donate the money to the Cuban people or some of it. I mean do the RS really need more money?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know that I didn't mean Richard should decide, but whoever does, get the money upfront

I know fans of GNR would love to see them live, but the people of Cuba need so many  things they don't have, so maybe bands who play there should donate the money to the Cuban people or some of it. I mean do the RS really need more money?

You are right, but well all these things work like a business.

We play music and you pay us to see. 

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

There are more chances of Izzy doing a scarface remake than the big 3 making Izzy a partner lol

There was also a bigger chance of hell freezing over than Axl and slash reuniting. This is how people felt a year ago. Anything is possible.. I think it'll be easier as time goes on and the band makes their money. Also, if Axl can avoid lawsuits from Dbag ex bandmates that'll help too..

• Like 3

17 hours ago, krazejeff said:

I would too, concert would have to be close to free, but great experience and would be awesome 5 dollar bottle of Havana club and a romeo and Julieta, and party time 

But imagine the meltdown on the Mygnr forum when no periscopes are available as I'm guessing WiFi isn't quite up to our standards yet.

It will look something like this: :lol:

ctUsD3c.gif

4 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

Dear Richard,

You don't belong in Guns N Roses!  Please grow some balls and walk away!  Why are you contributing to the destruction of the greatest rock band in history???  Don't you have a conscience?  Don't you have any integrity?  GET OUT!  WE DON'T WANT YOU!  And take that other scab Frank with you! 

Sincerely, 

Every single Guns N Roses fan 

Whoa there Hoss- you are in no way speaking for me. And certainly not "every single GnR fan". 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

Dear Richard,

You don't belong in Guns N Roses!  Please grow some balls and walk away!  Why are you contributing to the destruction of the greatest rock band in history???  Don't you have a conscience?  Don't you have any integrity?  GET OUT!  WE DON'T WANT YOU!  And take that other scab Frank with you! 

Sincerely, 

Every single Guns N Roses fan 

Gee i thought it was Axl that caused the bands destruction. I didnt know that Fortus called the shots. Guess we were all wrong guys. Paul Tobias on Sympathy for the Devil was Richards idea. Richard fired Steven Adler too

• Like 4

On 9/22/2016 at 4:14 PM, Billsfan said:

They really should. Instead of a dumb back to back in New York and then hitting Toronto, they should have hit buffalo in between. Also, no thank you to these moronic Sunday night shows 

As much as I would have loved that (would have saved me a 2+ hour drive to Toronto), it would have had the worst attendance of the tour. Buffalo is just to small of a market for just GN'R to fill The Ralph.. Ooops I mean "The Cap"

Don't worry they'll hit us on the next one!

• Like 1