Richard Fortus Interview: GN'R Has Talked About Playing A Show In Cuba

25 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

We know for a fact that Izzy was offered to join GnR back by the big three.

He declined because he didn't like not getting the same paycheck as them.

Who do people blame ?

Fortus for not leaving...

A lot of people can't seem to handle that it was Izzy's decision that kept them from an AFD5 on stage reunion. 

22 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

A lot of people can't seem to handle that it was Izzy's decision that kept them from an AFD5 on stage reunion. 

A lot of people can't seem to understand that Izzy was not paid what he deserved. Axl/Slash/Duff's decision that kept them from an AFD5 on stage reunion. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I can see your point. Axl, Duff, and Slash wanted Izzy to join them on stage. Izzy was the one who said no. Izzy could have easily said yes and everyone would be happy (except, possibly, Izzy's pocketbook).

However, with that said. It was also Axl's and (most likely) Duff's and Slash's decision that kept AFD5 from being on stage. They are the ones who decided to offer Izzy less than what he wanted. Izzy has the right to demand what he feels he is worth just as AxlDuffSlash have the right to say he is out of his mind. It takes two parties to make a deal or not make a deal as the case may be.

I can't see the point of choosing sides and trying to make it look like the other side is evil or in the wrong. It is silly.

Edited by sanity_lost

1 hour ago, The Glow Inc. said:

We know for a fact that Izzy was offered to join GnR back by the big three.

He declined because he didn't like not getting the same paycheck as them.

Who do people blame ?

Fortus for not leaving...

If Fortus left we would likely get some random replacement, not Izzy.

If Frank left we would likely get Brain back. Not Matt or Steven.

Chris quit, Axl picked a replacement. We don't need 2 keyboardist a but Axl still calls the shots. Anyone who thinks Duff or Slash have any say about shit needs to get their head out of their ass.

19 hours ago, Slash787 said:

A lot of people can't seem to understand that Izzy was not paid what he deserved. Axl/Slash/Duff's decision that kept them from an AFD5 on stage reunion. 

He has been paid for every gig that he has done so far, if there was an unpaid gig then you would have a point but there's no such thing. Why should someone that doesn't really help bringing people into the stadiums get the same amount as those who do? If the money wasn't enough he should have done his own tour and see how much money they were missing for not including him, but the thing is that outside of us the gnr fan base there's really not that much interest in an Izzy Straddlin tour. It's moronic to think that people should cut their own pay just to satisfy this guy's ego and/or greed. It's beyond ridiculous to think that they need him when the tour just hit more than a hundred millions without him, and is quite dumb to think that they should stop performing songs that he co-wrote because A) he already got paid for them and B) those songs belong to GN'R as much as they belong to him.

2 minutes ago, AlterL said:

He has been paid for every gig that he has done so far, if there was an unpaid gig then you would have a point but there's no such thing. Why should someone that doesn't really help bringing people into the stadiums get the same amount as those who do? If the money wasn't enough he should have done his own tour and see how much money they were missing for not including him, but the thing is that outside of us the gnr fan base there's really not that much interest in an Izzy Straddlin tour. It's moronic to think that people should cut their own pay just to satisfy this guy's ego and/or greed. It's beyond ridiculous to think that they need him when the tour just hit more than a hundred millions without him, and is quite dumb to think that they should stop performing songs that he co-wrote because A) he already got paid for them and B) those songs belong to GN'R as much as they belong to him.

According to your logic, Axl should have continued with his shitty band and should not have come back in GNR with Duff and Slash. 

Guys Ego and Greed? we can clearly see who is greedy here. 

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

According to your logic, Axl should have continued with his shitty band and should not have come back in GNR with Duff and Slash. 

Guys Ego and Greed? we can clearly see who is greedy here. 

While I won't deny that I would have been happy if Slash didn't come back, my logic doesn't imply that he couldn't, I'm actually saying that Axl, Slash and to a much lesser extent Duff helped making this tour a success, 100 million+ wouldn't have happened if one of them was missing (well maybe Duff) add Izzy on the other hand and the money pile doesn't grow, it just gets divided with one more guy. So why would any of them cut their own pay when the success or fail of this tour falls squarely upon their shoulders.

Fortus is the best GUNS N' ROSES Guitar player ever with Slash.

Fortus will have a major contribution in the futur GUNS N' ROSES material : he Will be everywhere! Studio recordings, videos, interviews, promoting GUNS N' ROSES all over the world and so on...

Plus, he has his own solid fanbase all over the world now. He has tons of fans here in France!  People Know Who he is and they Know he is the Lead and Rythm GUNS N' ROSES Guitar player of the band with Slash. 

Edited by Caraibes

1 minute ago, AlterL said:

So you're just not going to answer to any of my points... OK point taken.

Well What I'm supposed to say? If Duff gets good money, then why not Izzy?

Don't make him a "legal" partner, but the reality is that Izzy co wrote most songs and yeah he does gets his share like the other members.

I guess none of us will know if they don't come out and tell everything in details, all we are getting is bits and pieces, but everything points to one thing which is Money. 

9 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

Fortus is the best GUNS N' ROSES Guitar player ever with Slash.

Fortus will have a major contribution in the futur GUNS N' ROSES material : he Will be everywhere! Studio recordings, videos, interviews, promoting GUNS N' ROSES all over the world and so on...

I know you are a 10 year old, but I hope you he was nowhere on Chinese Democracy, tell me why wasn't he on that album?

The band is being promoted as Axl/Duff/Slash.

NOT FORTUS.

What you mean he will be? why is his not in those things NOW?