Anything Goes cover

On 23.9.2016 at 10:34 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I do guitar covers on a channel myself, for that problem when you mess up while filming: just do multiple takes and cut it together in the video editing software. Since I started doing that it's been much less pressure to film and you have more fun aswell (plus you can switch between multiple angles which makes the video more entertaining).

I film myself while I record the guitar track, it saves some time that way :P

I did try this multicamera thing once, I taped the webcam to the headstock, and placed my real camera and my phone elsewhere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I film myself while I record the guitar track, it saves some time that way :P

I did try this multicamera thing once, I taped the webcam to the headstock, and placed my real camera and my phone elsewhere. 

I mean you still record yourself live while doing the guitar track. The way I do it I record one entire take from the front, then another entire take from the side. There's no need to pressure yourself to get everything perfect in one take, which can make it feel very hard and youre not relaxed at all while playing IMO.

It's always better to do the takes after another instead of filming from multiple perspectives at the same time, because then if you mess up you have to start all over again, whereas if you mess up a part on the take from the front you can remember that and fix it in the next one where you film from another angle, and then just switch the video in the editing to the one where you played it right. The other problem with filming at the same time is the quality of each of your recording devices will change noticeably, unless you got the same camera twice.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown