[Poll] Angus Young vs. Slash

Most exciting thing this year?  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its a stupid thread because its asked on a GNR forum as people will biasly choose Slash, but its actually a very legitimate question. 

while he may be one pessimistic cunt, ive got to agree with @DieselDaisy Axl was better with Axl/DC, he seemed more invested in that. its likely for the same reason that i think the Guns reunion sorta falls flat in a way and thats the material is just burnt out. AC/DC gave Axl something new, a breath of fresh air if you will. 

Don't get me wrong-i still love the songs and overjoyed that Slash and Duff are back but as Diesel put it, it just feels soulless while Axl/DC felt fresh 

• Like 3

Personally, I'm voting for AXL/DC.

Don't get me wrong - I'm over the moon that in 2016 I had the opportunity to see Axl, Slash, and Duff together. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen. I also hope that Axl prioritizes making some new music with these guys.

However, the AXL/DC thing had a certain freshness to it. I've seen both Axl and Slash do much of the Guns stuff live a bunch of times over the years. It was nice having it all come together but all the same I had seen much of that live already. The Buffalo AC/DC show was off the charts. It was truly something different for AC/DC considering they notoriously stick to a very core set list. As a huge AC/DC fan (my first love), it was great seeing the band so energized and plowing through a bunch of lesser played material. Maybe if I hadn't been able to see a show live then I'd feel differently, but as it stands, that was probably more enjoyable.

Brian Johnson, and the Back In Black album in particular, is my favorite set of rock vocals of all time so it was going to take a lot to impress me. Axl more than knocked it out of the park. What a voice, and what a true professional on stage with the boys.

I'd be tempted to "null vote" though because I'm an Axl fan, a Slash fan, and an Angus fan. I'll continue to support whatever these guys decide to continue doing in any form.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robert39 said:

Axl sings very good with AC/DC, but the stage performance laks chemistry. When he is with Guns, his singing is not 100% but his stage performence with Slash is 1000% I love angus his guitar playing but versus Slash don't get me started !! AC/DC is one hel of a rockband and i love there music, but it has not the magic what Guns N' Roses has !!

I think he had awesome chemistry with Angus. To me, he was more restrained as a respect thing, he knew it wasn't his band. That's why he's way more crazy with Slash and Guns

• Like 1