2006 Izzy Interview

On 25/9/2016 at 11:58 PM, Modano09 said:

Let's say I build a house. And years down the road, I decide I don't want to live there anymore. I just want to unload it, so I sell it for $500,000 cash.

20 years later, the people I sold the house to are selling it. They've put some work into it over the years, the neighborhood has been built up, and now it's valued at $3 million.

Can I walk up to the new owners and say "well I built it, we should split that"?

The thing is 5 people built the house, not 1. One guy left the house. Later two other guys living in the house also left.  Over the years the only 1 guy living there almost destroyed the house. So the one guy left calls back the 3 guys who left and ask them to rebuilt the house together and make it worth the 3 million. Now 2 old owners get more money than the owner who left first. They have to rebuild the house together after the mess "the last man stading" left. With that in mind the split, if not equal, it should be somewhat closer to equal.

• Like 4

LOL at the house analogies, surly  its  more to do with living in a house together and Izzy doesn't see why he has to have the smallest bedroom if there are plenty of larger rooms to share ?

Edited by Archtop

1 hour ago, Padme said:

The thing is 5 people built the house, not 1. One guy left the house. Later two other guys living in the house also left.  Over the years the only 1 guy living there almost destroyed the house. So the one guy left calls back the 3 guys who left and ask them to rebuilt the house together and make it worth the 3 million. Now 2 old owners get more money than the owner who left first. They have to rebuild the house together after the mess "the last man stading" left. With that in mind the split, if not equal, it should be somewhat closer to equal.

It's more like 5 guys build a house and own 20% of it each.

One guy is thrown out because he's making a mess and they don't trust him not to burn it down, so they buy his 20% off him.

Another guy leaves because he doesn't like living there anymore, so he sells his 20% to them.

The remaining 3 guys live there for a while, but 2 of them are tired of living with the 3rd so they both agree to move out and let him live in the house but still don't sell the percentage they own to him.

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

One guy is thrown out because he's making a mess and they don't trust him not to burn it down, so they buy his 20% off him.

Another guy leaves because he doesn't like living there anymore, so he sells his 20% to them.

The remaining 3 guys live there for a while, but 2 of them are tired of living with the 3rd so they both agree to move out and let him live in the house but still don't sell the percentage they own to him.

26b07cff141684632993805889_700wa_0.gif

21 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Now you are admiting that five 5 guys built the house. Good! We are making progress :thumbsup: The fact remains that the one guy left in the house fucked it up. And the once beautiful house was falling appart. So he called the other guys to rebuilt it. It doesn't matter who left first or who sold what and for how much. If the old guys are needed. And they are willing to repair the damage. Then they all deserved a very good reward. And some may deserve more than others. OK, but don't make it too uneven

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archtop said:

LOL at the house analogies, surly  its  more to do with living in a house together and Izzy doesn't see why he has to have the smallest bedroom if there are plenty of larger rooms to share ?

It's more like Izzy trying to sell something and profit like he still owns it at the same time.

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

With those irritating housemates as tenants it wasn't a house anymore, it became a circus. 

Now if Izzy wants to come back in the house and do avocado farming, then they should let him do. 

As long as he gives them back the money they paid him to buy his percentage.

On 9/27/2016 at 5:35 AM, youngswedishvinyl said:

If GN'R would have released an album with Welcome To The Jungle, Breakdown, Yesterdays, Civil War, November Rain, Estranged, Dead Horse, The Garden, Don't Damn Me, Coma and Rocket Queen it would have been a great album and none of those tracks are written by Izzy.

Are you really saying that Izzy had nothing to do with the writing of Welcome to The Jungle and Rocket Queen? 

45 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Are you really saying that Izzy had nothing to do with the writing of Welcome to The Jungle and Rocket Queen? 

Of course he played on the song and he had a solo on WTTJ but the song is written by Slash and Axl and Rocket Queen is written by Axl, Slash and Duff.

All songs are credited to "Guns N' Roses" on AFD and Lies but obviously not every song was written by all 5, for example One In A Million was credited to Guns N' Roses when it's written by Axl only and Patience is also credited to GN'R when Izzy wrote it.

You can look up the real credits from the first two albums on various places on the internet, the FAQ part of this forum being on of them.

Source: 

Who cares about Izzy when we got Fortus on Rythm and Lead Guitar? He is far more skilled and spectacular onstage. Fortus brings so much more on the table than Izzy!

Izzy had his glory in the 80's... now it's time to move on and let's face it : he CAN'T play like Fortus. Izzy is a low skilled player, he can't even play a Guitar solo!

Fortus has been in the band for 15 years and still will be there in 20 years. Because he is the best. Because Axl, Slash and Duff chose him in a second, without any hesitation.

This is What happens when you are just... well... THE BEST.

End of Story.

Edited by Caraibes

13 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

Who cares about Izzy when we got Fortus on Rythm and Lead Guitar? He is far more skilled and spectacular onstage. Fortus brings so much more on the table than Izzy!

Izzy had his glory in the 80's... now it's time to move on and let's face it : he CAN'T play like Fortus. Izzy is a low skilled player, he can't even play a Guitar solo!

Fortus has been in the band for 15 years and still will be there in 20 years. Because he is the best. Because Axl, Slash and Duff chose him in a second, without any hesitation.

End of Story.

Is this sarcasm? I hope this is sarcasm. Nobody can be that deluded, can they? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Caraibes said:

End of Story.

Best comedian of the century!! :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Of course he played on the song and he had a solo on WTTJ but the song is written by Slash and Axl and Rocket Queen is written by Axl, Slash and Duff.

All songs are credited to "Guns N' Roses" on AFD and Lies but obviously not every song was written by all 5, for example One In A Million was credited to Guns N' Roses when it's written by Axl only and Patience is also credited to GN'R when Izzy wrote it.

You can look up the real credits from the first two albums on various places on the internet, the FAQ part of this forum being on of them.

Source: 

So you are really saying that Izzy Stradlin didnt help writing Welcome to the Jungle and Rocket Queen?

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

So you are really saying that Izzy Stradlin didnt help writing Welcome to the Jungle and Rocket Queen?

Yes! 

As I said before of course he played on the song, he probably wrote his own solo as well as decided how he should play the rhythm parts but he didn't write the song.

Not to the degree of earning a songwriting credit anyway, just like Slash helped writing November Rain but didn't get a credit.

I'm pretty sure that Welcome To The Jungle and Rocket Queen would be as good as they are now even if Gilby, Fortus or Robin Fink would've been in GN'R instead of Izzy at the time.

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Yes! 

As I said before of course he played on the song, he probably wrote his own solo as well as decided how he should play the rhythm parts but he didn't write the song.

Not to the degree of earning a songwriting credit anyway, just like Slash helped writing November Rain but didn't get a credit.

I'm pretty sure that Welcome To The Jungle and Rocket Queen would be as good as they are now even if Gilby, Fortus or Robin Fink would've been in GN'R instead of Izzy at the time.

Really?

So why couldn't nu-guns create a good song?

Of course Izzy isn't responsible for everything produced by GnR, But GnR would have not been the same with out him.

Show me some examples of Individual efforts by the musicians you stated, the internet is full of quality music by Izzy, But Axl & co cant produce squat in 25 years. 

VR should have kept Izzy as the singer, I understand his reasoning behind wanting it as well. In one of the interviews on here Izzy says "Who are you going to get after Axl" when questioned about his decision to sing. He knows there is no replacing that. 14 years is a fine example of what VR could have produced with Izzy as the singer. 

• Like 2