Pets!

pinkforgirls

Hey there my friend Pink. I tried to post a pic of me & the old lady's cats, but the interface is no beuno. :shrugs:

Anyway, we love the cats as well. ???

Our 2nd cat Whiskey likes to sleep belly up as well. Her name is Whiskey Rose, cuz I said the only way we would get a 2nd cat is when Axl n Slash reconciled. They did, I was hammered on whiskey. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oops i posted this in the wrong place hehehe. ok so again i need to get my external hard drive to work w/my computer cos that's where i have tons of good pet pics. i did find some of the love of my life doggy. she was extremely loving, smart, good and of course to me beautiful:wub:

Pumpkin with round baba.JPG

That face reminds me of a Shepherd/Great Dane/??? mix I had when I was a kid. He was about 6 month or so when we got him. He was a starved stray that was dumped near my mom's work. When no one claimed him after two weeks she was supposed to take him to the county pound. She felt horrible and couldn't do it and ended up bringing him home. The elderly lab we had the time thought it was awesome (so did us kids).

He was the most intelligent dog I have ever known and very independently minded. He was a definite problem solver and the best friend/protector a kid could have. He was incredibly patient with me and my crazy ideas. He was pretty stand-offish around people and made people nervous when they came over because he'd lay on his pillow in the corner of the room and stare at them the entire time there were there. The one time a neighbor/friend of my mom's walked two steps into my room to hand me something he barked once or twice then put himself between me and him calmly physically pushed him out of the room by walking into his legs (he was 96 pounds). We always used to joke that he didn't trust us not to fall over our own two feet if he wasn't there to keep an eye on us.

Sorry for the long comment in reply to this. Just your dog's face just remind me of him so much. Sometimes he had the same folded down ears, but usually one ear stood upright like shepherd's and the other ear bent over sideways.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

That face reminds me of a Shepherd/Great Dane/??? mix I had when I was a kid. He was about 6 month or so when we got him. He was a starved stray that was dumped near my mom's work. When no one claimed him after two weeks she was supposed to take him to the county pound. She felt horrible and couldn't do it and ended up bringing him home. The elderly lab we had the time thought it was awesome (so did us kids).

He was the most intelligent dog I have ever known and very independently minded. He was a definite problem solver and the best friend/protector a kid could have. He was incredibly patient with me and my crazy ideas. He was pretty stand-offish around people and made people nervous when they came over because he'd lay on his pillow in the corner of the room and stare at them the entire time there were there. The one time a neighbor/friend of my mom's walked two steps into my room to hand me something he barked once or twice then put himself between me and him calmly physically pushed him out of the room by walking into his legs (he was 96 pounds). We always used to joke that he didn't trust us not to fall over our own two feet if he wasn't there to keep an eye on us.

Sorry for the long comment in reply to this. Just your dog's face just remind me of him so much. Sometimes he had the same folded down ears, but usually one ear stood upright like shepherd's and the other ear bent over sideways.

your doggy was amazing! i got mine from a shelter . had been to a few shelters, but none of the dogs really clicked with me . i decided to look at some puppies so i asked this worker where they were. he gave me some very convaluted directions and i ended up in a building gull of grown dogs. then i saw a small wire area just jam packed with with what i call puplings, not small enough to be puppies but not old to be considered adult dogs. there were lots of cuties but there was one in the back, head down and had no interested even trying to check out what all the commotion was over ( me. )

but then we made eye intact and before i knew it she rushed over to me, leaping up and down and flinging herself at me over and over again. i decided right then and there she was going to be my fur baby :)

over the years she became very protective and proved to be extremely very smart. ok this might be a TMI  thing but one day i went grocery shopping. once i got inside i HAD to use the bathroom. i knew there was no more TP, that's why i bought some at the store. only one problem, the TP was still out in the living room as i'd just dropped the bags on the floor in my haste to get to the bathoom.

so yeah, no toilet paper anywhere inside. so after looking around for anything i could use in place of it and failing a light bulb went on over my head. MY dog!!! she was a great retiever and there was no other way, i would get her to FETCH the TP! i started out just calling to her baby fetch the TP for Mom. please baby girl fetch the TP for Mom!! then i heard a strange rustling noise, then a ripping sound and then my baby came pracing in with a roll of TP in her mouth! turns out she was smart enough to know not only what TP was but that it was opened and used one roll at a time :D i was so super proud of her.

anyway my turn to say sorry for such a long story. your doggy sounds wonderful! :)

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose :lol:

oh this reminds me so much of my late black lab girl, she loved the beach so much! she was a wave diver/surfer, she used to get me a little scared cos she'd go out so far and dive so deep. but that dog was born to be in the water :) thanks!

• Like 1