Pets!

pinkforgirls

so i was sooo tired last night i fell asleep on the couch, woke up at around 10 p.m. and freaked out cos i had not done baby boys BD stuff! i gave him the smaller dog food i got put his candle on sang him happy birthday and he was all jumping up and down so excited! he scarfed down the food and i gave him his new squeaky ball and he was so happy! i threw it for him a few times then we went to bed :wub:

• Like 1

Woman texts husbsnd pic of dog she brought home, but it was a coyote This is just too funny:

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_584587a2e4b0c68e0481dc24/amp?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

I used to bring home feral kittens to tame and my ex would go nuts.:P

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it
  • Like 1

today is the 10th anniversary of getting my baby girl kitty. my dearest friend knew i was losing my mind over the loss of my Gentle Giant Maine Coon and he talked to friends who had been through similar losses and most agreed...new cat :)

so he put this little cardboard carrier on my bed ans when her head popped out i knew...this was my new baby cat! i know my late Maine Coon sent her to me cos she was such a clown and managed to make me laugh. and she fell instantly in love w/my love of my life black lab girl...

i love her so much but think of my boy every day :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

OMG they are soooo cute!!! what kind are they? they look like Maine Coons! :wub:

They are. :) The white one is a guy, the grey one a girl. They have the same father, but different mothers. Both turning 6 early next year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

A question about Maine Coons, do you need to brush them daily? Do they need haircuts? I have Persians which take a lot of work to keep their fur from matting, are Coons low maintenance?

my late Maine Coon was very low maintenance and for some reason he naturally smelled like perfume. i found this for you @janrichmond

"Maine Coons are often playing in their water. It is absolutely necessary to make sure that there is fresh, clean water available at all times. Maine Coons evolved naturally by survival of the fittest; therefore they are a breed which is fairly 'low maintenance' in care. The coat is easy to care for and rarely tangles."

hope it helps! did you get a Maine Coon or still deciding? a dear friend has a couple of Persians, she says she just loves their smooshie faces :lol:

• Like 1

@janrichmond my long haired kitty girl ( not sure what breed she is, she's another rescue ) had really bad matted fur. she will NOT allow me to comb her ( even with thick gloves on she scratches me deep! ) so i tried to cut out the big knots out. now that i have the new house she doesn't have the tangles nearly as bad, and i have no clue why. when they were so bad i asked the vet what to did and they said they could give her light sedation and get them out but they only do a lion cut which i don't like. what does the vet do for your persian?

just on the off chance you have never seen a lion cut here's a pic of one...on a black cat so probably pretty close to what it would look like on mineLion_Cut_on_black_cat.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose i haven't got one yet I'm still deciding:shrugs:One of my persians needs a haircut cos she got matted which means a trip to the vet and £200 bill for a haircut!!! Merry fucking christmas,lol.

Ours are pretty low-maintenance too. Our guy get's a knot now and then, but we shave it out with a dog trimmer. It hardly shows and he's impossible to brush anyway. Het hates it. :lol: 

They're also fairly calm, social and extremely curious as to what their silly owners are up to. If you do end up getting one, make sure you get it from a good breeder. It's important to check for no heart disease in their family, as well as problems with joints. They're a fairly strong breed, but these are things to watch out for. 

• Like 1