Pets!

pinkforgirls

On 5/7/2017 at 2:45 PM, marlingrl03 said:
I am doing so so....less crying but feeling numb, sad, lonely. Still doesn't feel real, you know? ? Miss her tons..

I am so sorry. My heart is with you. My dog is at the stage where we are having to have discussions that none of us want to have. Losing a pet is hard. Having to make that decision for your pet is one of the worst things we ever have to do. At this point just thinking about it chokes me up.

When my last dog passed what helped me the most was sitting down and writing down everything I remembered about him. Everything from the first time I met him to strange behaviors he picked up and lost over the years. Every incident that made me love him and every time I wanted to strangle him. I never actually finished it. I kept meaning to, but I found I didn't have to. I still missed him, of course, but it was a quiet longing missing rather than a gaping raw wound missing.

I'd love to continue to hear stories about her whenever you feel like sharing them.

2 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I am so sorry. My heart is with you. My dog is at the stage where we are having to have discussions that none of us want to have. Losing a pet is hard. Having to make that decision for your pet is one of the worst things we ever have to do. At this point just thinking about it chokes me up.

When my last dog passed what helped me the most was sitting down and writing down everything I remembered about him. Everything from the first time I met him to strange behaviors he picked up and lost over the years. Every incident that made me love him and every time I wanted to strangle him. I never actually finished it. I kept meaning to, but I found I didn't have to. I still missed him, of course, but it was a quiet longing missing rather than a gaping raw wound missing.

I'd love to continue to hear stories about her whenever you feel like sharing them.

Thank-you, I have been super quiet about what I have been going through at work...but feel comfortable here to share my feelings. Everyone here has been so very sweet. <3 

I got my Sadie at 7 weeks old and had her for 12 years, but sure do wish I had more. It did not seem long enough at all. :( At age 8 (super young) she was diagnosed with kidney disease. The 1st 2 years she was stable stage 1, but then "crashed" and got super sick with a kidney infection and was hospitalized for 4 days. She got better and the next 2 years, she went into stage 3, but was actually doing super well on supplements and subq fluids and even gained weight from to almost 10 pounds! It was amazing. But the last couple of months she got another infection, which in the end made her severely sick the last 2 days of her life. Her vet said her kidneys were already so damaged and had nothing left to fight. I tried everything but nothing helped...she was in so much pain and wound not eat, play or come to me anymore. She could hardly walk the last day, so weak It killed me. I know I could not put her through another day of that. You are right, making that decision is so damn hard. I know I made the right one though. Just heart wrenching though.

I try to think of the good times when she was happy and healthy...me and her running down the hallway to see who could jump on the bed first, how she loved her big soft mouse and would carry it in her mouth at night and make the weirdest meowing noise, how she would headbutt me while I was watching tv, or when I laid down to watch tv, she would literally back up and curl up into the nook of my arms and how she loved, loved soft blankets. Every vet would comment on how soft she was like a bunny. She was the most gentle, sweetest, caring cat ever and she will be sorely missed. Loved her so much. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 1:17 PM, downzy said:

Sad to post that I lost one of my best friends this past Friday.  

Nick belonged to my wife when I first met him and live a good long life of 17 years (she had him for 11).  He showed no real signs of duress and I found him lying on the floor looking out at the trees through the big bay windows (I had taken him up to my parents' place in the country the night before).  

I work at home and he was constantly sitting on me while I tried to get stuff done at my computer.  He has been at my side or on me for almost every day for the past three and a half years since my wife and I moved in together.

He loved to cuddle and be cradled like a baby.  He'd take any attention he could get, from belly rubs to wrestling to being brushed to nuzzling up to either my wife of I while we slept.  

He was a great little animal who changed my attitude not only towards cats (was never a cat guy) but animals in general (I gave up beef and chicken last year after finally appreciate the love and personality behind animals).  

I built a custom coffin for him and dug a grave in my parents backyard in the far corner of the lot; besides a little pine tree.  We found some nice stones and rocks to make a little memorial for him.  He was buried with the little cat bed he loved to sleep in along with his two favourite toys. 

Nick was greatly loved and will be greatly missed.

p2337360640-4.jpg

very sorry for your loss. a lot of people don't get how hard it is to lose a pet but for me losing the ones i have lost was devastating as i am sure it is for you. but you gave him a wonderful life and lots of love and care. rest well Nick, i know my fur babies will be there at the bridge to greet you...

On 5/23/2017 at 3:40 AM, john lennon said:

201705220650545418_sbig.jpg?width=765

going to the vet ain't her thing

my dog loves going to the vet til they start taking his temp and getting his shots. my cat doesn't like going anywhere. the love of my life dog was so good about going to the vet and never even flinched at the whole shot thing. i know everyone says this but she was the best dog in the world and i was so lucky to have had her for 15 years. i got her from a shelter and people say oh you saved her life...well it was a life very much worth saving. so if you want a pet please think about getting a shelter pet :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

17 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Thanks. It's apparently common knowledge that ginger cats are extremely laid-back and friendly.

When I was growing up my grandma had a huge orange cat. He was an outdoor cat and chilled on the front porch whenever we visited. He was really picky about the people he'd put up with. I don't think he ever hissed or growled at anyone, but he had an excellent "back off" glare that everyone obeyed. At most he'd mosey away from anyone he didn't like, but I don't think he ever got worked up or worried about anything. He loved us kids though. Usually he'd just twine around our feet so we'd pet him, but there was a handful of times I can remember him jumping up on my lap and just about squishing me.

On 5/23/2017 at 3:17 PM, downzy said:

Nick was greatly loved and will be greatly missed.

p2337360640-4.jpg

I am sorry to hear about Nick. He was a beautiful cat.

• Like 1

My indoor kitten believes that the cats gathering out the back on the fire escape are there to make friends with him. They're an especially aggressive crew.  He's so eager to go say "hi" / get eaten alive.  Poor guy.  Such innocence.

56 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My cat keeps lying on my neighbours old Porsche Boxter, he leaves hairs all over the roof..

IMG_4191.JPG.80e859a010bfa5ee74713562ec71bcfe.JPG

I have to keep going out and shooing him off it :lol:

Attacat! She likes a life of luxury! You should get a Porsche; she wouldn't have to go to the neighbour's! XD

Edited by king2vo
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

praying for the best results possible...so sorry you have to go through it :(

Thnx. He seems better today but still too early to see potential consequences from both - illness and cure - both are dangerous for liver, kidneys and somethime heart...