Pets!

pinkforgirls

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i love that one is black...they are the least picked color/type cat! hoping they are both shelter/rescue cats! both are cutie pies :D

Yes, they are both former shelter cats. Whiskey was a little but skittish, but she's cool now. Leyland has been a sweetheart since we got her over 7 years ago, even though she spent her first 6 months in a shelter.

• Like 2

Just now, melina i said:

Hi 

All your babies are precious.  I have a question, how did you get your kitty comfortable to ride in the car and in a hotel. So cool...  Does she get car rides a lot?  Reason i say it because,  I   have a precious girl kitty, at this time she's the only kitty u , want to get her more comfortable in riding in the car, how did you do it/.  Also, I've had adopted kitties since I was a kid, I love all all pets they're so pure and love you regardless of anything.  They're even more loyal and loving than most people :) haha

thanks! at the moment there's just the one and she had been crated from the start! at first she acts like a big drama queens and makes these loud yowling noises but then she calms down ( unless the truck goes over a bumpy stretch of the road! once she gets to the hotel she is happy as can be. she likes walking around and checking every inch! if we go to the ocean she gets to come out and sniff around a bit but only in my arms as there are a lot of people who let their potentially dangerous dogs run amok. she really likes going to Lake Tahoe but has been to Monterey, Big Sur, Pacific Grove, Pigeon Point Lighthouse ( where she and all of us got to see a giant pod of whales, breaching the water, spouting spumes and chasing each other! she loved that part. also been to Phoenix ( did not like, was too hot for all her fur, New Mexico and Texas. if you take your cat on travels they have portable litter cat litter boxed pre-packed with litter!

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yes, they are both former shelter cats. Whiskey was a little but skittish, but she's cool now. Leyland has been a sweetheart since we got her over 7 years ago, even though she spent her first 6 months in a shelter.

very cool :)

@AxlsFavoriteRoseso, she doesn't like the car ride itself, however once you get her to your location, shes calmer, I could never, never get any of the kitties I had calm to the point of bringing them on , local places and sometimes heart rate seems to climb fast. Don't know, probably need to adopt another kitty eventually , so little kitty is not not bored.  So cool you brought her to Phoenix and Texas, etc. via car?????

ok, thanks

Edited by melina i
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Sometimes I hit the petstore on the way back into town. It's more affordable than the zoo and I can bring in my own food. 

ok not quite sure if you're serious but i would suggest the animal shelters. if you can afford it get a dog or cat from there. tell your friends too. those poor animals need saving and unless you're at a pet store that has animals there for adoption i would never go to a pet store.

• Like 1

went to see my "pets" the wild horses today! the colt i fed apples to last time recognized me halfway up the second partial mountain i have to climb to get there ( if there were no fences it would be a lot easier, it would be a direct shot from the front of my property :P ) and perked his head up and whinnied for me. cos i am still not 100% back to full strength from the flu i had to sit on a stump and catch my breath. it was beautiful, a ghost moon in the cerulean sky and the wild horses clustered about. the colt came over rather boldly so i gave him an apple and he snuffled it up greedily. i only had two apples so i felt bad when the others ( there were 5 altogether ) came and looked at me like "where's ours?" i went to get the last apple and they all scattered. they are skittish which is good. i don't want them to get too used to people. anyway, the greedy colt came back and got the last apple! the filly ( i assume his sister as they look so much alike though she is a bit larger ) nipped him, it was so cute! but he held steady and gave her none! one of the males was a very cool appaloosa type, three were the more typical brown with black manes and one was a dappled white. they were absolutely magnificent! it made my day a million times better :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

My Malamute broke a canine last night. He had to have surgery today ?

He's home now and recovering, but it sucks.

It always sucks seeing our fur babies in pain. Mine is recovering from a bad UTI so I get it. Hope he recovers quickly! :)

25 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

It always sucks seeing our fur babies in pain. Mine is recovering from a bad UTI so I get it. Hope he recovers quickly! :)

He slept a while and ate a whole can of food and drank water. Seems to be returning to himself again.

• Like 1

sorry this is kind of dark but i came across a pic i took of my sweet kitty baby during a snowstorm like a month back. i don't think you can see the snowflakes but she kept trying to attack them :lol:

On 2/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, melina i said:

@AxlsFavoriteRoseso, she doesn't like the car ride itself, however once you get her to your location, shes calmer, I could never, never get any of the kitties I had calm to the point of bringing them on , local places and sometimes heart rate seems to climb fast. Don't know, probably need to adopt another kitty eventually , so little kitty is not not bored.  So cool you brought her to Phoenix and Texas, etc. via car?????

ok, thanks

well she doesn't like it at first but after a while she calms down and usually sleeps. i won't leave her behind, i have read too many stories when people who are supposed to be looking after pets they let them escape somehow. she spent almost a year in a shelter before she came to me and idk how she'd be with anyone else.Wednesday_in_window_looking_at_snow.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 9:24 PM, marlingrl03 said:

my late love of my life doggy ( female black lab ) had really bad ears. she had to have 4 operations. it was scary having to wait for her to come out of surgery. she came through like a champ everytime though! my goofy male black lab i have now has great ears but he is SO neurotic! :P  

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

my late love of my life doggy ( female black lab ) had really bad ears. she had to have 4 operations. it was scary having to wait for her to come out of surgery. she came through like a champ everytime though! my goofy male black lab i have now has great ears but he is SO neurotic! :P  

4 operations? Wow, poor pup! :(  How is your lab that you have now neurotic lol?

• Like 1

lol well considering he is a very sturdy 105 lbs black lab male he is totally is dominated by my 12 lb female cat! ( which is understandable, she is like a little demon :P ) he also is afraid of thunder, fireworks, any kind of loud noises really. he starts to shake and will not leave my side for hours. but he's a sweetie and a good watch dog. he scares anyone who comes to my door :)

yes four... poor girl and she had to wear that head cone after each one which she loathed. she was a great dog, i had her 15 wonderful years and i miss her every day. this is her :)

Pumpkin_with_round_baba.jpg

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

On 2/21/2017 at 7:40 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

These are our 2 bitches, I mean babies. (Just kidding- I love em). Left is Leland Scruggs (girl but kind of a boys name- long story- I like how she looks like she's laughing here). Right is Whiskey Rose Jones- also a long story involving the old lady wanting to get a 2nd cat, me whiskey drunk, and a wager about a GnR reunion...

IMG_1747.JPG

I love this pic. Whiskey Jones Rose reminds me of my grandma's cat. The cat would always have to jump on my lap so I could scratch her chin. By the time I left I'd be completely covered in black cat hair and so would the chair I was sitting in. My grandma would always scold me for scratching the cat because all the hair we'd leave behind during shedding season.

Protip- When you are mildly allergic to cats being covered in cat hair is not usually the best path to being able to breath. ;)

6 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I love this pic. Whiskey Jones Rose reminds me of my grandma's cat. The cat would always have to jump on my lap so I could scratch her chin. By the time I left I'd be completely covered in black cat hair and so would the chair I was sitting in. My grandma would always scold me for scratching the cat because all the hair we'd leave behind during shedding season.

Protip- When you are mildly allergic to cats being covered in cat hair is not usually the best path to being able to breath. ;)

Yeah- no doubt! I'm mildly allergic but they don't bother me too bad. I take stuff for it- I work outside every day and hay fever gets me bad, so what I take also helps with the cats! Plus my gf brushes them both almost daily, and that helps too. They LOVE that shit! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah- no doubt! I'm mildly allergic but they don't bother me too bad. I take stuff for it- I work outside every day and hay fever gets me bad, so what I take also helps with the cats! Plus my gf brushes them both almost daily, and that helps too. They LOVE that shit! 

this is me exactly! when i was young i was VERY allergic. but i have allergies year round so with the benadryl i take daily, outgrowing the allergy and willing myself to get past the allergy i am ok with my cat :P 

• Like 2