Pets!

pinkforgirls

My kitten is going bronco today!  Runs up the walls and slides back down on the avalanche from the shelf he knocked over.  Then looks at me, panicked, like "why am I doing this?!!?!?!" Then runs away to do it again.  

I was standing infront of a bay window and he leapt over my shoulder - i think from the ground (!) - and landed vertically on the window screen, which he scurried up to the ceiling on.

And as a growing being, he's been packing some junk in the trunk, making it all the more impressive.  

• Like 3

my cat is freaking me out. she has been an inside cat ALL her life ( well, the 10 tears i have had her, she spent 10 months at a shelter before i rescued her. ) anyway day before yesterday i went outside with my dog like we have been doing every day since the snow has melted. i guess i didn't latch the door enough but when i got close enough to see the front porch i saw my cat there! i was o scared she'd dart off before i could grab her but i got her. crisis avoided i thought. but then yesterday i opened the door to let my dog and and she runs past me back onto the porch! i grabbed her again. then, yesterday evening while it was still ight outsidei saw this gross, mangy horrid coyote running right by the other side of the fence of the property after a bunny! so i am petrified she will get out again and a coyote will have her as an appetizer :(

i don't know why she is acting so out of character. anyone have a clue why?? i am really worried :scared:

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

my cat is freaking me out. she has been an inside cat ALL her life ( well, the 10 tears i have had her, she spent 10 months at a shelter before i rescued her. ) anyway day before yesterday i went outside with my dog like we have been doing every day since the snow has melted. i guess i didn't latch the door enough but when i got close enough to see the front porch i saw my cat there! i was o scared she'd dart off before i could grab her but i got her. crisis avoided i thought. but then yesterday i opened the door to let my dog and and she runs past me back onto the porch! i grabbed her again. then, yesterday evening while it was still ight outsidei saw this gross, mangy horrid coyote running right by the other side of the fence of the property after a bunny! so i am petrified she will get out again and a coyote will have her as an appetizer :(

i don't know why she is acting so out of character. anyone have a clue why?? i am really worried :scared:

sorry to hear that, Id be freaking out myself.  This is my first cat so I have no insights to share.  Hope they stay safe!!  Get your rifle game on!

Just now, soon said:

sorry to hear that, Id be freaking out myself.  This is my first cat so I have no insights to share.  Hope they stay safe!!  Get your rifle game on!

OMG i so wished i had one last night! i yelled at the coyote and it veered away from the bunny and circled back around. for a second i thought it was gonna come at me so i grabbed a shovel and screamed BRING IT! lol my neighbors already think i have a screw loose cos i talk to my lilacs, let it be known i am the Terminator of Coyotes now!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 1:52 AM, -Jaro- said:

18119337_10210391179068764_5189395631826

Here's Ice on his first visit to the seaside this year :D

and here he is helping to decorate house for Easter

17861713_10210257541367905_4672165453389

That looks like if I dipped my Malamute mix in peroxide. Gorgeous dog.

3 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

That looks like if I dipped my Malamute mix in peroxide. Gorgeous dog.

Yep,

Samoyeds and Malamutes are almost the same . . .

Huskeys are similar too...

Love them all - proud and stubborn creatures :D

• Like 1

Hug your fur babies close guys. I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let my baby Sadie go last night. :no: She fought kidney disease for 4 long years before her little body could not take it anymore. I will miss her so very much. Fu kidney disease! :cry:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Hug your fur babies close guys. I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let my baby Sadie go last night. :no: She fought kidney disease for 4 long years before her little body could not take it anymore. I will miss her so very much. Fu kidney disease! :cry:

I am so very sorry @marlingrl03  :hug:It's heartbreaking to say goodbye to a fur baby. 

14 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

ohhhhhhhh no! i am so sorry. that is awful. my late great Maine Coon had polycystic kidney disease and passed right before he turned 5. *hugs* you will see her again and my boy is at the bridge with many other fur babies for her. *hugs*

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

oh my, hugs and strength to you:hug: you did everything you could for your precious baby.  you could talk here about your baby any time you feel. 

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ohhhhhhhh no! i am so sorry. that is awful. my late great Maine Coon had polycystic kidney disease and passed right before he turned 5. *hugs* you will see her again and my boy is at the bridge with many other fur babies for her. *hugs*

It's a horrible, horrible disease. :( It comforts me to know that our fur babies are together in heaven playing about without pain. 

4 hours ago, melina i said:

oh my, hugs and strength to you:hug: you did everything you could for your precious baby.  you could talk here about your baby any time you feel. 

Thanks girl. <3  I know that everything I did gave her some more extra time...just wish I had more. She was one sweet kitty and will be missed beyond belief. :(

• Like 2

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Thanks girl. <3  I know that everything I did gave her some more extra time...just wish I had more. She was one sweet kitty and will be missed beyond belief. :(

thinking of you and of your precious angel baby still. how are doing  :hug:

If you need, is a yahoo group named Angel on My Shoulders for people to talk about their pain and their fur babies and it's free free , people are very kind and help each other there, if you need

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, melina i said:

thinking of you and of your precious angel baby still. how are doing  :hug:

If you need, is a yahoo group named Angel on My Shoulders for people to talk about their pain and their fur babies and it's free free , people are very kind and help each other there, if you need

It's been hard... I held it together at work but as soon as I started driving home I started crying and have been off and on all night. My eyes are very sore and swollen but I wear glasses so most people didn't even notice. I see reminders of her all over the house and it just hurts. Wished I could have had more time with her but she was suffering so much at the end. She got incredibly sick very fast and it was heart wrenching to see,  poor baby. :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

It's been hard... I held it together at work but as soon as I started driving home I started crying and have been off and on all night. My eyes are very sore and swollen but I wear glasses so most people didn't even notice. I see reminders of her all over the house and it just hurts. Wished I could have had more time with her but she was suffering so much at the end. She got incredibly sick very fast and it was heart wrenching to see,  poor baby. :(

i know, I feel your pain totally.  What I did is same, I cried like crazy anytime I felt like it and talked about it, especially the group I mentioned since they're all feeling the same way at this same time.  I was feeling so shocked and depressed, I was told about this group and I joined it.  

I

Edited by melina i
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I'm very sorry:hug::(

23 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

so sorry for you. It's incredibly hard saying goodbye but you did the right thing for her.:hug:

26 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

so sorry for you. It's incredibly hard saying goodbye but you did the right thing for her.:hug:

Thanks Jan. I appreciate hearing that....such a difficult decision it was, but the best one. She is no longer suffering. ?

3 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I'm very sorry:hug::(

Thanks Jane. 

• Like 3

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 5:50 PM, marlingrl03 said:

So sorry for your loss, I know how hard that is. :hug:

Took Simon for his yearly shots and got his nails trimmed this morning. He hates riding in cars, with that pug nose of his when he stresses out, he sounded like a pig in the car. ?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 11:33 PM, melina i said:

i know, I feel your pain totally.  What I did is same, I cried like crazy anytime I felt like it and talked about it, especially the group I mentioned since they're all feeling the same way at this same time.  I was feeling so shocked and depressed, I was told about this group and I joined it.  

I

when my huge gentle giant boy passed i cried so hard and for long i made myself sick. i would have to put cold compresses on my eyes because they hurt so bad. and then i swear i would see him sometimes or hear him ( he had a very distinctive meow...it was like a trill. sounded like murrrrr. )

one night i was outside looking at the moon....something i used to do with my kitty ( he loved it...he'd look right at it .) anyway, i looked over at the field right next to my house and there was a large black cat. i thought it was HIM...i think still may have been. he just looked at me for the longest time and i was calling his name. he wouldn't come closer but he didn't leave for the longest time. then he just...disappeared.

anyway, anyone who has lost a fur baby has the right to express their emotions anyway they find helps them most IMO. hugs to all :)