Pets!

pinkforgirls

I prefer dogs, but I am also a fan of cats. Unfortunately I am mildly allergic so an indoor cat is not an option and I won't get an outdoor cat. 

My current dog's previous home had cats. He's cool with any cat except black tuxedo cats. The tuxedo used to beat up on him when he was a puppy. That was nearly 15 years ago and I've had him for about 10 years. He has a long memory.

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

I prefer dogs, but I am also a fan of cats. Unfortunately I am mildly allergic so an indoor cat is not an option and I won't get an outdoor cat. 

My current dog's previous home had cats. He's cool with any cat except black tuxedo cats. The tuxedo used to beat up on him when he was a puppy. That was nearly 15 years ago and I've had him for about 10 years. He has a long memory.

Haha! Smart dog..I had a tuxedo cat and he was a bit of a bully too. :lol:  You could always get a chill ginger cat..and your allergies would probably eventually adjust..

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 6:13 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

Haha! Smart dog..I had a tuxedo cat and he was a bit of a bully too. :lol:  You could always get a chill ginger cat..and your allergies would probably eventually adjust..

i never had a cat growing up but i LOVED cats! we'd visit my Grandma and i would run straight to her Siamese before they could stop me. i'd start wheezing, my eyes would swell shut and i itched like heck. now as an adult i have a black cat ( second one i've had ) and i either outgrew the allergy or i WILLED it away :P i take benadryl every day but i have to do that anyway as it appears there is always something growing i'm allergic too. and it is SO worth it, cats are wonderful. i have a 105 lb black lab who will not go near her, he's terrified of all 11 lbs of her! :lol:

14 hours ago, love&hates said:

here is:boneca ^_^ shes with us for some months now. Shes crazy but sweet

WP_20160823_003.jpg

The upside down exclamation point on her face is cute. One of my sisters used to have a white cat with a black tail. They called her Dipstick. And not only because of her tail. She wasn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box, though I do think she ate some crayons at one time.

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i never had a cat growing up but i LOVED cats! we'd visit my Grandma and i would run straight to her Siamese before they could stop me. i'd start wheezing, my eyes would swell shut and i itched like heck. now as an adult i have a black cat ( second one i've had ) and i either outgrew the allergy or i WILLED it away :P i take benadryl every day but i have to do that anyway as it appears there is always something growing i'm allergic too. and it is SO worth it, cats are wonderful. i have a 105 lb black lab who will not go near her, he's terrified of all 11 lbs of her! :lol:

On 10/4/2016 at 8:13 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

I never realized I was allergic to cats until I walked into a room that had two week old kittens in it. Well, actually I knew because I had an allergy test done when I was a kid and it showed up allergic to cats, but I didn't really comprehend that it was a problem until then.  Just stepping into that room was all it took and I couldn't breath. Kittens just do me in. I suspect it is their saliva. Momma cat is constantly cleaning her kittens so there was a bunch of dried cat spit in the air. Adult cats only exacerbate my allergies when I already have a problem. If I am fine, then I am fine, but if I am already having allergy issues I have to stay away from cats or it gets bad (and that is with prescription allergy medicine).

I think I will just stick with dogs for now. I promised my dog that he'd be an only pet after our other dog died. I was actually lying to him because I also had a fish at the time, but I don't think he minded the fish. :)

• Like 1

My new cats. We got them a month ago, they are 9 months old. It are Cornish Rex cats, which means they only have the undercoat as fur, most breeds have three layers. The coat is curly and very soft. After an Pneumonia a couple of years ago, I suddenly became allergic to catshair, so weird. I never was allergic, had cats for more then 15 years. Anyway, allthough my nose gets blocked, I can still breath and no teary eyes or sneezing. I can deal with that. My kids begged me for cats for years. I am glad, I finally found cats, I can live with.

This breed needs a lot of attention, otherwise they will stalk you even at night. So it's not for everybody and the reason the former owners had to sell them. If you can give them enough attention, this breed is totally awesome. My kids can pick them up, put clothes on them, hug them whenever they like and it's all good. I think the cats are glad when the kids finally go to sleep and they finally can as well. They get a lot of attention. They might not be the prettiest cats, but their character makes it all good. I also love they hardly lose hair and my clothes and furniture stay hair free;).

They are just awesome:wub:

image.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

The upside down exclamation point on her face is cute. One of my sisters used to have a white cat with a black tail. They called her Dipstick. And not only because of her tail. She wasn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box, though I do think she ate some crayons at one time.

I never realized I was allergic to cats until I walked into a room that had two week old kittens in it. Well, actually I knew because I had an allergy test done when I was a kid and it showed up allergic to cats, but I didn't really comprehend that it was a problem until then.  Just stepping into that room was all it took and I couldn't breath. Kittens just do me in. I suspect it is their saliva. Momma cat is constantly cleaning her kittens so there was a bunch of dried cat spit in the air. Adult cats only exacerbate my allergies when I already have a problem. If I am fine, then I am fine, but if I am already having allergy issues I have to stay away from cats or it gets bad (and that is with prescription allergy medicine).

I think I will just stick with dogs for now. I promised my dog that he'd be an only pet after our other dog died. I was actually lying to him because I also had a fish at the time, but I don't think he minded the fish. :)

for me i still have problems with Siamese cats and sometimes white cats though i had an almost all white cat at one time. i am sticking with black cats cos they are the least chosen cats...

i know what you mean about your dog. when i lost my love of my life dog when she was 15 i thought i'd never get a dog again but then  ( as crazy as this may sound to some people ) she gave me a clear sign i should give another dog a chance like i did her. she was due to be put down the day after i found her. my new dog could not be any more different than she was but i love him too :)

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah everyone tells me not to go near the wild ones but they're so magnificent! last time i fed them they tried to follow me into the truck :lol:

Well if they're wild, they probably don't get any nice alfalfa hay, carrots, sugar cubes etc..and you probably gave them quite a treat..see? Smart. lol.

• Like 1