Pets!

pinkforgirls

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

actually the ones around where i live have it pretty good. people are always feeding them treats and some even leave bales of grass and  troughs of water for them.

i have looked for sugar cubes but for some reason i can't find them here :shrugs: so  just give them carrots :)

My sister gave her horses peppermints. They loved them. Just hearing the crinkle of the wrapper would have them standing alert ready to do whatever was asked to get the treat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

like Life Savers? do you have those? :)

No but when i was a kid my friend went to the US and me me loads of "candy" back, i remember a lot of peanut butter flavoured stuff and gum with liquid in the middle, and i think there were Life Savors as well but fruity ones.Best pressie ever to get as a kid!!:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

today was the first day i put my cat's Halloween collar on her so i thought i'd take some pics and post them. it' a really cool collar, two rows of orange rhinestones with one of black rhinestones in the middle and a pumpkin charm hanging from it. problem is she hates having her pic taken :P my late great Maine Coon actually used to pose for me but not her! so these are the best i could do. i might take some more later but here is what i have so far. you can see by the last pic how mad she was getting! :lol:

Wednesday Halloween collar pic 1.JPG

Wednesday Halloween collar pic 2 JPG.jpg

Wednesday Halloween collar pic 3JPG.jpg

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose awww I love the collar :) Another bonus to having a black cat, they're great for Halloween. 

IMG_1976.JPG

thank you! awww your kitty next to a pumpkin, very Halloween :)

yes i have for years said my black cat was my best Halloween decoration :P

she has a collection of rhinestone collars, i have a plain orange one for Thanksgiving, a red one with white rhinestones and a tree for Christmas, even one with shamrocks for St Paddy's Day. and shhhh don't tell her but she's getting a new one for Christmas, not sure which one yet ;)

• Like 1

That's cool that she will wear them. Neither of mine will, they go out wearing them and they come back collarless. I've no idea how they get them off. 

I did have three cats, I had a huge tuxedo cat, he was just massive and one day I put a collar on him and ten minutes later I found it on the floor completely shredded into bits :lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's cool that she will wear them. Neither of mine will, they go out wearing them and they come back collarless. I've no idea how they get them off. 

I did have three cats, I had a huge tuxedo cat, he was just massive and one day I put a collar on him and ten minutes later I found it on the floor completely shredded into bits :lol:

do you have the safety breakaway kind? cos those are super easy to come off.

yeah i normally do not make her wear a collar, just for occasions. she makes up for not letting me brush her, by running across me like a psycho cat when i am sleeping ( i wake up and i have scratches on me that i didn't go to bed with :P ) and climbing my curtains plus many other transgressions by letting me put a collar on her i guess :lol:

• Like 2

We had a pet chinchilla in one of my classes at school, and it had a collar. One day we came in for class and the poor thing had managed to jump through its wooden climbing pole and get the collar caught on a branch, causing it to strangle itself to death as it tried to wiggle free.

36 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

We had a pet chinchilla in one of my classes at school, and it had a collar. One day we came in for class and the poor thing had managed to jump through its wooden climbing pole and get the collar caught on a branch, causing it to strangle itself to death as it tried to wiggle free.

Maybe it hung itself to get away from being groped by kids :lol:. I wonder if anyones ever considered that notion, that pets dont actually like to be stroked, they just act like they do because they know where the next meals coming from.  Thats what i reckon, the chinchilla had enough and just done a Sylvia Plath only to find to cant turn an oven on with paws :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Maybe it hung itself to get away from being groped by kids :lol:. I wonder if anyones ever considered that notion, that pets dont actually like to be stroked, they just act like they do because they know where the next meals coming from.  Thats what i reckon, the chinchilla had enough and just done a Sylvia Plath only to find to cant turn an oven on with paws :lol:

Well, there was one kid who swung a gerbil around by its tail until it snapped off...he then burst out laughing. Now, you don't need to be a Psychiatrist to opine that he may have shown psychopathic tendencies.