Red Hot Chili Peppers US crowds?

Mendez

To any of those that have gone to a RHPC concert (or at least seen videos of them in the US), what would you say the crowds are like? Very reserved (like the GNR crowds here) or loud? Thinking of going to one of their concerts in Los Angeles and want to know what to expect

Seen them quite a few times .Staples Center is not my favorite place to see a show,seen them both nights last time they played there.There crowds are pretty much like very other crowd at a us show with the exception of a few bands that still can whip a crowd into a frenzy .(Maiden and Sabbath are 2 bands that I've seen within last 8 months where the crowds were electric )If you have never seen them live I would recommend seeing them at least once they play with a lot of energy and they play a pretty varied set list .Fun band for sure 

The crowds are somewhat subdued compared to anything in Europe. Seen the chili peppers many times in the US and while the crowds are responsive to the band because the are ducking an amazing live beast, it ain't nothing compared to the a frenzy. LA is typically a lame ass crowd compared to other US cities.  I have seen concerts in almost every major US city and LA and Dallas have been the lamest.

25 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The crowds are somewhat subdued compared to anything in Europe. Seen the chili peppers many times in the US and while the crowds are responsive to the band because the are ducking an amazing live beast, it ain't nothing compared to the a frenzy. LA is typically a lame ass crowd compared to other US cities.  I have seen concerts in almost every major US city and LA and Dallas have been the lamest.

Hearing that, it is a bit unfortunate that I live near Los Angeles lol.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Even if the crowd is particularly lame, I will have a damn good time regardless :headbang:

Edited by Mendez

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What the fuck is Molly anyway, you young kids keep giving new names to shit, its basically fucking E's isnt it, except its not the dirty rave shit we had and more purer, MDMA or whatever.

Yes to all that. Although tbh Molly is hardly pure anymore, just as dirty as E. Basically when you get it in a roll its E, when you get the powder or shards its Molly

4 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Yes to all that. Although tbh Molly is hardly pure anymore, just as dirty as E. Basically when you get it in a roll its E, when you get the powder or shards its Molly

Exactly yeah, MDMA in my day, if you were lucky enough to find any, came in like powder form but E's were like little tablets with all sorts of weird shit printed on em like Bart Simpson or a Mitsubishi embelem or whatever.

What i never got is i hear yanks use it as some kind of date rape drug, MDMA doesnt have anything like the effect one would require to date rape, it dont make you comatose like rofies.

Edited by Len Cnut

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Exactly yeah, MDMA in my day, if you were lucky enough to find any, came in like powder form but E's were like little tablets with all sorts of weird shit printed on em like Bart Simpson or a Mitsubishi embelem or whatever.

What i never got is i hear yanks use it as some kind of date rape drug, MDMA doesnt have anything like the effect one would require to date rape, it dont make you comatose like rofies.

I've never heard that before. I can't imagine it being used as a date rape drug. Makes it impossible for me to sleep for a day or so. It increases libido like most drugs, but like you say, it isn't like roofies(a benzo like Xanax) which makes you fall asleep and lose large chunks of memory.

In fact, I'd say E and molly increase awareness. Who would waste molly on being a creepy date rapist anyways

Most people I know associate molly with the EDM scene, music festivals, and raves.

Edited by Dan H.