What will Axl do if Slash and Duff leave GN'R again?

AxlRoseCDII

What will Axl do if Slash and Duff leave GN'R again?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My guess is they wont leave. I don't think they could take another 20 years of 'what happened to GnR' or Slash vs Axl questions from the press.
They will continue doing shows and small tours around the world - or best case put out a new album at some point.

Edited by passenger57

I don't think either Slash or Axl have the ambition to push GnR forward in a creative manner ( Axl doesn't care to and Slash has his own band if Axl can't be arsed )...
So as much as it sucks, I don't see Slash leaving over creative differences again. They will both suck it up and keep touring for a while, or at least that's my guess.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I think the best thing for him to do would be to take all the material in the vault and take it on the road with a new band under a new name. Unless he doesn't care about that music.

He wouldn't be playing stadiums but he'd still be selling as many records and playing to as many people as Slash does with SMKC and be getting a lot more respect than he ever did with NuGNR.

Now I write it, if they're not going to put out any more GNR music, I'd be all for that by 2018!

As someone else said  above, i dont think Slash and Axl will have another bust-up. They have both learnt from past, and things seem to be going really well with the current tour. At some point down the line there may need to be discussion about "what's next" once the world tour has finished. GNR is likely to finish up quietly one day with no bust-up, no media release, nothing... thats my personal opinion. In a similar way to agentina 93... no-one will know the last show is the last show until someone years after its happened.

• Like 1

Imo Axl decided to do the reunion knowing that there's no going back, and when it's over, GnR will be over; so, returning to any version of NuGuns is the most unlikely of all options (I would say impossible, but you never know). Retiring the name and working with Angus full time, under the AC/DC name or not (and/or writing instrumental stuff) is the most likely.

But I agree with others that Slash and Duff are not going to leave. They'll all keep it going, with new music or not (hopefully they'll record something), as long as it lasts (=sells), probably with breaks in between to do other stuff.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Find a new lead guitarist/bassist and move on — I reckon it's likely even though many think he won't go on without Slash. He did hint at doing this in the China interview.

Retire the Gn'R name forever — He's not that humble.

Release CD II Material with no touring — Why wouldn't he tour? He can always go to Latin America and get good crowds.

Tour with AC/DC until either him or Angus pass — Even though this seems very likely, I just can't see Axl doing ac/dc long term.

Become a solo artist — This is what I'd like, but he's been consistently reluctant to do anything. 

Stay out of the public eye for the rest of his life — It's possible.

Edited by Babooshka