Axl Rose Vs Freddie Mercury (Versions Vs Originals)

Atrás del Mostrador

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah he sounds good there, but he was fucking terrible on We Will Rock You.

Every single I time I hear him get tripped up on the timing, it irritates the hell out of me. That whole "somebodybetterputyabackintoyourPLACE!" part is bothersome lol 

• Like 3

No-ones ever going to sing those songs like Mercury, just like Freddie wouldn't be able to pull off most Guns tunes. The fact Queen chose Axl to be the vocalist for arguably their two biggest anthems for such an occasion though is something he can be pretty proud of i'd imagine. Not a fan of Queen but Freddie Mercury could hold a stadium like Wembley in the palm of his hand, Axl had and still has that as well it's a rare gift.

• Like 1

Those two cant be compared. They are the greatest frontmans/rock singers of all time.

Plus they both do (did) diferent things.  However mercury can be tender, sweet but it cant do "badass mean mothafucka ",  axl obviusly can (have) done that. ( even during the same song)., but it might be a style kind of thing or whatever.   Anyway, those two are by far the greatest of all time and axl actually is a fan.   

On a separated issue,  they both are hugly talented song writers (i think mercury is by very far the most talented song writer in rock music ever) .. 

So lets not compare Mr Rose and Mr mercury, ...  Two of a kind, an exinct kind.

Axl clearly didnt know how good he was. On his prime, he was at least 18 times better than ANY other singer in rock history. That version of Tie Your Mother Down -- which Axl claims he never "felt right" singing -- is the best ever version of that song -- by 18 miles, at least. No other human could sing like Axl -- and that was in fucking 1992, when Axl's voice AND state of mind were already past their prime. Of course after that it was only downhill and, sadly, apparently Axl is saving whatever is left of his voice (and of his drive and of his spirit) for AC/DC and for his solo songs only. Oh, and Freddie Mercury can get boring fast with all his pompous singing. Great voice, great songs but his style is too-grandiose and too-operatic (and not enough rock n roll) for my taste.

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Axl clearly didnt know how good he was. On his prime, he was at least 18 times better than ANY other singer in rock history. That version of Tie Your Mother Down -- which Axl claims he never "felt right" singing -- is the best ever version of that song -- by 18 miles, at least. No other human could sing like Axl -- and that was in fucking 1992, when Axl's voice AND state of mind were already past their prime. Of course after that it was only downhill and, sadly, apparently Axl is saving whatever is left of his voice (and of his drive and of his spirit) for AC/DC and for his solo songs only. Oh, and Freddie Mercury can get boring fast with all his pompous singing. Great voice, great songs but his style is too-grandiose and too-operatic (and not enough rock n roll) for my taste.

No fucking way dude.

Not denying that Axl in his prime was an absolute beast and force of nature but no way was he THE BEST let alone 18 times better than the best :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nobody has heard of Little Richard in this thread - or James Brown! If we are discussing frontmen, you may as well discuss the greatest and leave your Axls and Mercurys for another day.

Brown and Richard are not rock singers. And so there will be no word about them here.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hate Axl singing Queen. Also hate Queen in general. 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, James Brown and Little Richard and 'rock'; clearly they didn't know anything about the genre!!!

If anybody on earth deserves the big budget documentary treatment it's Little Richard.  You would've thought they would've done it before now.  I mean you can see why one didn't happen earlier, the guys pretty fuckin' offensive to ideals of decency etc but nowadays, especially since the gay thing is a lot acceptable now, you'd think there would be one.  But even then I suppose, even with the pink team, he's not the best flag bearer because he continually alternates between being and gay and his religious sabbaticals where he preaches against it.

As far as the sex drugs and rock n roll thing, no one done it like Rich, he was a fuckin' drug fiend, a sex fiend and unrepentant pervo, a religious nutcase and probably the greatest rock n roller in all Christendom...all rolled into one!

Edited by Len Cnut

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Every single I time I hear him get tripped up on the timing, it irritates the hell out of me. That whole "somebodybetterputyabackintoyourPLACE!" part is bothersome lol 

I thought I was the only one who noticed that and found it irritating lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

No fucking way dude.

Not denying that Axl in his prime was an absolute beast and force of nature but no way was he THE BEST let alone 18 times better than the best :lol:

you can basically get any random performance of Guns n Roses from 1986 to 1991 and it will likely be at least 18 times better than the entire career plus the entire discography of Queen combined!

like this terrific performance of the most underrated GNR song ever, which is at least 18 million times better than anything that Freddie and Co ever did on this planet

thing is not only axl was 18 times better than freddie... but Guns n Roses was 180 times better than Queen

Freddie never had anything remotely close to Izzy and Slash (and Steven and Duff) to help him out. Brian May has nice riffs on him but when you compair his guitar stuff with Izzy/Slash you really feel sorry for poor Brian!

:lol:

• Like 1