Velvet Revolver - The Last Fight Cover

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Managed to get it done and record it this weekend @AxlsFavoriteRose! It was a sunny day outside, perfect time and lighting to record a video and I really love this song a lot, hope you all enjoy my cover. I play a mix of both Dave Kushners and Slash's parts.

very nice!:headbang: i liked it so much :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mendez said:

nice cover. Although you're you using way too much gain for the intro/chorus slash plays. Unless thats how you like to play it then thats fine. I change up somethings sometimes for fun too

thanks man, and thanks for the feedback. I originally did record it clean, but wasnt satisfied with the way the intro sounded on clean channel for me, and it was hard to hear it over slashs part without making it really loud, so I just thought I'd use my Slash Starlight guitar tone and roll down the volume knob to 2, I think it did the job. And yeah I do like to have some fun and add some of my own stuff to the songs, note for note is really boring for me, nothing wrong with it, but it makes it less fun for me when I have to follow a strict formula.

• 3 weeks later...