rumoured expiration date for duff's and slash's contracts

this has been posted on alt nation, so a truckload of salt is best kept at hand, but it makes you wonder.

some form of contract will have been made with Duff and Slash. the profits will have to been divided. As is usual with these kinds of contracts, they contain expiration dates. Kind of like your rent, or you rmortgages. contracts that last forever, don't exist. Actually, contracts without a definitive expiration date DO exists, but these can be canceled by both parties giving some kind of "cancel term".

what the clause may be, the parties always have the option to continue after the date of the old contract is reached, and make a new contract with a new expiration date.

http://www.alternativenation.net/rumored-expiration-date-for-slash-duff-mckagans-guns-n-roses-contracts/

Dont worry u guys,  GUNS N' ROSES ISNT GOING ANYWHERE.

They might take some rest at some point and do their own separate thing for a while, but theyre not going to put an end go gnr or anything like that. ( and if that thought was inside the brain of any of them, those 132 million dollars and at least 200 million to come, + merchandising, + advertising, + the mountain of money being offered as we speak for record companys to sign them for at least a couple of albums, another tour,, + the exitement around there globe for there band, + things are going really well and theyre getting along nicely, ... Well .. All of that just murdered that tought for good)

Sit tight,  theyre not going anywhere.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

They might take some rest at some point and do their own separate thing for a while, but theyre not going to put an end go gnr or anything like that. ( and if that thought was inside the brain of any of them, those 132 million dollars and at least 200 million to come, + merchandising, + advertising, + the mountain of money being offered as we speak for record companys to sign them for at least a couple of albums, another tour,, + the exitement around there globe for there band, + things are going really well and theyre getting along nicely, ... Well .. All of that just murdered that tought for good)

Yup have to agree here. Slash, Duff and Axl are the "money" of this band now! Album sales will increase, band dynamics will increase, and as you can see the touring has sky rocketed. These guys aren't going anywhere anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't think these guys have a plan. Everything they've done has been tentative so far. I imagine someone drew up a plan for a world wide tour, blu Ray release, and album, and they are just trying to take it one day at a time. 

They probably finished the NA leg and thought "wow that was easy, how are you going to spend your $20 million Slash?" "Idk Axl how are you going to spend yours?"

Duff: "let's just keep going and make more! I wanted to buy something really expensive!"

Axl: "yea me too! Hey we should make a record" 

Slash: "HAHAHA you're always joking Axl and always in a good mood, you know there's no money in making music" 

Duff: "yea that would be a financial mistake!" 

Axl: "ok you guys want to make easy money....? Let's go to South America!!!

Duff and Slash: "yay!!! It's so easy" 

This is probably an accurate summary of events!

4 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Is this just your speculation or is it something you know for a fact?

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

And? Contracts can also be renewed. They're all having fun and making money so there's no reason they wouldn't.

I thought the regrouping had nothing to do with the money aspect?

It makes sense to have a contract that wasnt too far into the future, none of them knew how this was going to go when they first starting putting this together. If things didnt go well on the stage or off the stage, October 17 wasnt that far into the future to put up with it....
It makes perfect sense.

Also on the flip side, now that the tour has been a major success so far, it gives the 3 of them time to look at the situation and evaluate what they want to do next without being contractually tied to anything once October 17 comes around.. i fully expect that this isnt the end and that they will move forward with either more touring in some capacity.. or some big one off shows here and there whilst Axl does AC/DC or slash does Mk... a potential album??? I am really sceptical.. really sceptical. Im probably in the minority here, but i couldnt give 1 fuck about CD leftovers or anything with ashba, bumble foot or anyone else on it that isnt currently in this band.. i get some people want it.. good for them.. i dont. If an album is on Axl's mind... id like to see them start from scratch. Thats highly fucking doubtful with Axls track record though, so ill just be content with a blue ray or 2... and seeing them in in sydney in feb. :headbang:

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

I stopped reading right there. 

Yeah... alternative nation has made a living on monitoring his comments and them posting them as fact. The types that reside on that board are full of their own shit.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't think these guys have a plan. Everything they've done has been tentative so far. I imagine someone drew up a plan for a world wide tour, blu Ray release, and album, and they are just trying to take it one day at a time. 

They probably finished the NA leg and thought "wow that was easy, how are you going to spend your $20 million Slash?" "Idk Axl how are you going to spend yours?"

Duff: "let's just keep going and make more! I wanted to buy something really expensive!"

Axl: "yea me too! Hey we should make a record" 

Slash: "HAHAHA you're always joking Axl and always in a good mood, you know there's no money in making music" 

Duff: "yea that would be a financial mistake!" 

Axl: "ok you guys want to make easy money....? Let's go to South America!!!

Duff and Slash: "yay!!! It's so easy" 

100% accurate. They keep adding more and more dates to the tour, looks like they are avoiding at all costs the ''what's next?'' question that will appear when they finish this tour.

11 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

100% accurate. They keep adding more and more dates to the tour, looks like they are avoiding at all costs the ''what's next?'' question that will appear when they finish this tour.

Not really they just finished USA dates, they are not even half way to complete world tour they didn't even announced Europe dates yet.

18 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Brett Buchanan is rock n roll

lol'd

I cannot stand this guy's articles and that fucking photo which always follows them. I'd pay good money to have everything related to him filtered off my internet experience on all devices and networks.

Edit: More on topic comment - didn't bother reading the article due to my feelings mentioned above, however it's hardly news is it. All contracts come to and end, and most get renewed/extended. Sometimes parties in the contract re-negotiate elements of the contract, come the time the extension looms, sometimes the original contract will state certain elements of said contract are to be reviewed prior to extending it further (eg. pay). Contracts coming to and end is hardly news worthy.

Edited by hudsonsaul