George Young as the new bassist

Sosso

• 1 month later...

If he carry's on its not AC/DC it's The Angus Young Band as I said in another thread Brian's out, Mal's out, now Cliff's out there's only Angus left. If Angus wants to carry on touring & recording I don't have a problem with that all i'd ask him was not to call it AC/DC. Also Axl won't be available as he'll be committed to the new G 'N' R Album & world tour 

Not sure what the uproar is about his age the man is playing bass guitar and not lead guitar like Angus or singing so not sure it is a big deal that he has not played on stage in 25 years. He will most likely be in the background not up front....so I thought I read Brian said he could tour if they went back on the road...is there no chance he would be back as singer as I have not followed the saga of him being pushed out?

my musician friend says Angus should retire but he doesn't seem like he WANTS to retire. friend says then let him go solo with other people making up the band i say like NuGuns??? ( friend doesn't care for Axl, NuGuns and only has mild interest in original AFD band. ) friend make puking noise. so i say if Angus is so keen on still touring  what should he do? he says do like a Travelling Wilburys. *eye roll* so just to be fair in all the debates going on what about a Travelling Wilburys type group??

Angus will keep the name. For him I doubt it's as much for the commercial value as the personal value. He's been in the band since he was 17 years old and he's 61 now. It's literally all he knows! There's plenty arguments to be made against keeping it but I just don't see him dropping it.

• Like 3

Ok so if Angus decides he wants to carry on under the DC mantle (i'd rather he didnt) who's going to be the singer because Axl will be busy with Guns it was a huge slice of luck that enabled Axl to be able to fit it in his schedule last time. He played something like 20 shows for DC inbetween a number of shows for Guns ( he was excellent ) But it's going to be impossible to record a new album ( in fact 2 new albums) & then proceed to go on 2 world tours to promote these albums wich is what the record companies will insist on. Also if Angus decides to carry on with DC this "new" vocalist is going to have to be exceptional filling the shoes of Bon, Brian & Axl. In fact off hand it's hard to think who would be up to the job. Unless Angus can do what Ritchie Blackmore has done with Rainbow & found a virtual unknown vocalist Ronnie Romero (who is fantastic) unless Angus has someone like Ronnie in the wings it's time to put DC to bed. What are your thoughts guys Angus Young Band or AC/DC ?

12 hours ago, James Bond said:

Angus will keep the name. For him I doubt it's as much for the commercial value as the personal value. He's been in the band since he was 17 years old and he's 61 now. It's literally all he knows! There's plenty arguments to be made against keeping it but I just don't see him dropping it.

or Axl/DC? :P

• Like 1

Certainly as Guns N' Roses fans we want (and hope) that Axl will keep busy with Guns (new music, new tours, etc...) but it's easy for us to say that. Axl himself has said he will make himself available for Angus and that he and Angus have talked new music. I'd say it's almost a certainty that Axl fully intends to split his time between the bands. It's not like doing an AC/DC album will be much of a commitment - Angus writes all the lyrics and music so literally all Axl has to do is show up and sing. That's not much of a studio commitment at all. Then for shows/tours, it's not like the AC/DC schedule was hectic on the Rock Or Bust tour so if they keep to that format they can easily work it around the Guns schedule. The only guy who doesn't get a break is Axl, but if it's what he wants, he'll do it.

That said, obviously my hope is he prioritizes doing new shit with Guns but I'm all for him doing both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

That said, obviously my hope is he prioritizes doing new shit with Guns but I'm all for him doing both.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not usually like this but I'm gonna be greedy here, I want new GNR and Axl/DC

• Like 3

I still think Axl doing to albums & 2 world tours together would be madness he only played something like 20 shows with AC/DC at the beginning of the NITL tour. Recording the album  wouldn't be a problem. It's the world tour that the record company would insist on to promote the album. As we all know these world tours usually last approximately18/24 months we're looking at nearly 200 shows on top of his touring commitments with Guns It would to too much.

200 shows? The Rock Or Bust tour was 88 shows total spread over 2015 and 2016 (the postponement after Brian dropped out didn't cause any flat out cancellations either). It was a conscious effort by the band to play fewer, but bigger, shows after they all suffered some serious burnout a few years earlier when the Black Ice tour kept getting extended. If they keep to that format, then it's not out of the realm of possibility for Axl.

• Like 1