New album this year rumour

25 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

Cue Rovin and Wasted to start talking about the tracklisting of CD II, with all the songs 99.9% of us (including them) have never heard.

Seriously stop remembering them, its so peaceful here without them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yumbeen said:

there is no sense to release an full record now, they are on tour, now, is very logical to release a Best of + 2 new tracks, thinking in holidays...for next year a live album of this tour (LA/Troubadour 2016)  and then...a proper record. 

There is no sense? There is full sense, most of the bands tour to support the new record and play new songs to the fans. 

They don't keep on playing 30 year old songs again and again.

We need some new stuff. 

According to your logic, we will have a proper record by 2020. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Too much touring going on, and this record if there is one may be the most over analyzed record ever. This isn't something they put together on the road and say "ok here it is" there's going to be a million takes, tons of polishing, and this will be something that could take a year or two to even get a release date on

Something a lot closer to "put together on the road" than "a million takes & tones of polishing" please.

GnR never needed a lot of work, just play the fucking song & record it. Polish & GnR should never be used in the same sentience. :anger: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

I will honestly hate it if they re record their old songs, but I would not mind a Re Recorded version of Rocket Queen, if you know what I mean. 

I saw a comment on a Youtube video suggesting that she fill in for that part live, lol.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

35 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Something a lot closer to "put together on the road" than "a million takes & tones of polishing" please.

GnR never needed a lot of work, just play the fucking song & record it. Polish & GnR should never be used in the same sentience. :anger: 

Unfortunately it's too big of a record. Regardless of how it should be done, the truth is it will be done Axl's way or it won't get done at all. 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Unfortunately it's too big of a record. Regardless of how it should be done, the truth is it will be done Axl's way or it won't get done at all. 

No its not, not now, not after CD. I'm going be optimistic & choose to believe Axl has seen the error of his ways. Geffen wont let him pull the same shit again & Slash & Duff will have more influence than you give credit. Slash wont partake in putting out CD2, he will tour then walk if the last part of your statement is true, however I think you are wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

No its not, not now, not after CD. I'm going be optimistic & choose to believe Axl has seen the error of his ways. Geffen wont let him pull the same shit again & Slash & Duff will have more influence than you give credit. Slash wont partake in putting out CD2, he will tour then walk if the last part of your statement is true, however I think you are wrong. 

True, if its Axl's way, then we won't hear a new album in the next 20 years also. 

Even outwith the huge wait for Chinese Democracy, there have been countless threads like these over the last 6 years that actually haven't been helped by the members themselves, particularly Fortus and Ashba, who would normally give it the whole "seriously looking into it when the tour raps up" yada yada. I just don't get my hopes up anymore.

Whatever happens though, I honestly hope we get those songs from the late 90's where that ginger cunt will be singing like a man possessed. 

Does anyone know where the rumour started with Axl allegedly putting down lead vocals on Going Down? That is something I hope has happened.

2 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Cue Rovin and Wasted to start talking about the track.II, with all the sondemandsgs 99.9% of us (including them) have never heard.

Imm getting a faster internet connection in a few days so it will be back to normal posting for me. Anyway, i think the cycle now is between 10 to12 years between releases but one more guns album with rasp ans Slash and duff on it will probably happen if every will go smoothly with axl's demands. The truth is i dont think even axl knows when or if hell release another guns album but it seems like leaving the legacy without at least one more guns album is not how he would want it to end just basedon the fact he said he wants to release more guns music and atlas is probably a terrific song.

I find myself strangely indifferent about a new album. perhaps the disappointment of CD is still lingering?

we would get the leftovers of an album that was mixed at best to begin with, with Slash somehow having to come up with riffs matching the songs. It will be strange to hear Slash deliver an interpretation of riffs written by somebody else. how much of what we'd hear would be written by Slash and which parts would be only an interpretation?

it was strange hearing Slash re-imagining the Til solo on tour. something was "off". Slash was playing, but it wasn't.... "really" Slash. you know what I mean? it sounded weird, distorted, butchered. Nothing that Slash would come up with, by himself.

then you have the new album, supposedly with Slash reworking existing songs. you could hear a riff that's actually written by, say DJ Ashba, with Slash re-recording and re-imagining it.

This would be an important issue to me.

Do I really want second-rate hangers-on to influence Slash's creativity? Frankenstein rock, that's what I call that.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, action said:

I find myself strangely indifferent about a new album. perhaps the disappointment of CD is still lingering?

we would get the leftovers of an album that was mixed at best to begin with, with Slash somehow having to come up with riffs matching the songs. It will be strange to hear Slash deliver an interpretation of riffs written by somebody else. how much of what we'd hear would be written by Slash and which parts would be only an interpretation?

it was strange hearing Slash re-imagining the Til solo on tour. something was "off". Slash was playing, but it wasn't.... "really" Slash. you know what I mean? it sounded weird, distorted, butchered. Nothing that Slash would come up with, by himself.

then you have the new album, supposedly with Slash reworking existing songs. you could hear a riff that's actually written by, say DJ Ashba, with Slash re-recording and re-imagining it.

Do I really want second-rate hangers-on to influence Slash's creativity? Frankenstein rock, that's what I call that.

If anybody really believes for one second that Axl will use any DJ Ashba creations on a new Guns album they need to point me in the direction of the crackhouse they've been using!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, action said:

I agree that a new album should have nothing to do with the CD sound and that whole era.

But I'm sure that Slash would never consider redoing the riffs and solos of anybody else for his own album (unless he wants to please Axl, but I believe he wouldn't go that far).

And from the last interview its clear that Axl himself knows and admits that CD was overproduced with all those layers.

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I doubt Axl has plans to release anything. I think he has maybe thought about or considered it. There's a big difference between thinking and actually committing and putting effort into something.

B3-9l8kCcAA-hkA.jpg

7 hours ago, EricA said:

Please Noooo:anger:

I dont think it will be a second GH album, what for...

I really guess it could be a LIVE album from the US/SA leg...with maybe one or two new tracks as bonus !

Incorrect. Chinese leftovers will be on the next studio album 

2 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Axl will make the sex session multi layered with Melissa, Kat, and Sasha.

That would be amazing. Lucky bastard :P 

14 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I agree that a new album should have nothing to do with the CD sound and that whole era.

But I'm sure that Slash would never consider redoing the riffs and solos of anybody else for his own album (unless he wants to please Axl, but I believe he wouldn't go that far).

And from the last interview its clear that Axl himself knows and admits that CD was overproduced with all those layers.

B3-9l8kCcAA-hkA.jpg

When was that, like two years ago? I'm asking because I don't know, I seem to remember it being a long time ago. Things are marching along :D