New album this year rumour

48 minutes ago, Towelie said:

If anybody really believes for one second that Axl will use any DJ Ashba creations on a new Guns album they need to point me in the direction of the crackhouse they've been using!

Yeah, I mean, one of the things Axl's alluded to over the years was not being able to find a guitar player like Slash and he looks giddy as a pig in shit watching Slash play CD songs. If Slash is willing to work on CD2 Axl's not telling him no because of Ashba.

I wouldn't mind if a new album would have some CD leftovers on it as long as they are good.
It seems dumb to not release a good track just because Slash and Duff wasn't part of the band at the time it was written, likewise it seems dumb to release a bad song just because it is written by all three.

The perfect scenario would obviously be if they released an album with only good songs which all are written by Axl, Slash and Duff!

18 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Yes, Axl twitted this pic on December 2014.

My point was it was two years ago. If he was actually committed something would have come out by now. He probably went to the studio for one day, tweeted that picture, then never went back. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

My point was it was two years ago. If he was actually committed something would have come out by now. He probably went to the studio for one day, tweeted that picture, then never went back. 

He may stopped because of the reunion. What's the point to make an album after 7 years from CD, not tour to promote it and put a new album with Slash after 2-3 years?

Of course, he couldn't know back then when and if the reunion will take place. So, he probably waited to see how the negotiations with Slash will go.

Edited by WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I know first hand that both Axl and Chris were working together as late as July, 2015 on finishing the bulk of material the band had collected over the years.  

It is my conjecture that when DJ left the band, it pushed back Axl's plans with respect to new material.  

With both Duff and Slash coming on board as late as October or November of last year, there is a chance they were able to get both on new material.  It's also entire possible for the three of them to write and record something entirely new.

When the reunion was announced, I had assumed that plans to release said material would either be pushed back or shelved completely.  Perhaps those were wrong assumptions on my part.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

No its not, not now, not after CD. I'm going be optimistic & choose to believe Axl has seen the error of his ways. Geffen wont let him pull the same shit again & Slash & Duff will have more influence than you give credit. Slash wont partake in putting out CD2, he will tour then walk if the last part of your statement is true, however I think you are wrong. 

You're forgetting Axl doesn't view CD as a mistake or a bad record...he believes it was the best record that that band could make at that time and music to him isn't about appealing to an audience it's about something he can be proud of. 

The only thing that could make Axl relax on a new record is to go into it and think well if it's not good these two guys are going down with me. CD was more his boat to sink, now he's got Slash and Duff along for the ride. 

I just think it's so complicated for those guys to make a record together again. The expectations are through the roof, and the stress might tear them apart again. Atleast touring now they can build their relationships before the pressure of a new record takes over.

Either way I don't think Melissa was added simply to be on stage, I think she brings something to a new record, and overall this will be another big project. You don't sell 100 million records and get to make songs in the back of a van anymore. There will be a ton of people to touch this record and as fortunate or unfortunate as it may be this will be a big project. Maybe not on the 14 million dollar scale, but if they do something you can bet it won't be cheap. 

My prediction is we see a record in fall of 2018, and it will surprise many people with how solid it is. Probably no timeless hits like jungle or sweet child, but with Slash's ability to write amazing riffs and Axl being able to put together good melodies I can only imagine they do something really good again. 

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

I know first hand that both Axl and Chris were working together as late as July, 2015 on finishing the bulk of material the band had collected over the years.  

It is my conjecture that when DJ left the band, it pushed back Axl's plans with respect to new material.  

With both Duff and Slash coming on board as late as October or November of last year, there is a chance they were able to get both on new material.  It's also entire possible for the three of them to write and record something entirely new.

When the reunion was announced, I had assumed that plans to release said material would either be pushed back or shelved completely.  Perhaps those were wrong assumptions on my part.  

I still think k we will see the leftover songs at some point in some forms or another. I would like a new album to be reworked leftovers AND new songs

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I still think k we will see the leftover songs at some point in some forms or another. I would like a new album to be reworked leftovers AND new songs

I think that's the most likely scenario.  We should all remember that outside songwriters were included in the Use Your Illusion albums.  Songs like Yesterdays and Back off Bitch included credited songwriters who were not official band members.  It's not unimaginable that Axl would include songs for the next album that had contributions from individuals who are no longer members of the band.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I think that's the most likely scenario.  We should all remember that outside songwriters were included in the Use Your Illusion albums.  Songs like Yesterdays and Back off Bitch included credited songwriters who were not official band members.  It's not unimaginable that Axl would include songs for the next album that had contributions from individuals who are no longer members of the band.

Exactly. Although I would fully expect those songs to be reworked and rerecorded with Slash and Duff. We won't be hearing guys like Robin, Bucket, Ron, etc on a new album

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's nice to know he was actually working on stuff, even if it was a while ago. It does make sense that plans would be pushed back due to the incoming reunion, although I still stand with my opinon that Axl doesn't really care when he releases something, he's way to loose with his participation in things for anything to be done in a timely manner, IMO. 

Just now, Jw224 said:

It's nice to know he was actually working on stuff, even if it was a while ago. It does make sense that plans would be pushed back due to the incoming reunion, although I still stand with my opinon that Axl doesn't really care when he releases something, he's way to loose with his participation in things for anything to be done in a timely manner, IMO. 

He definitely does things on his own timeline.  But I've always assumed that he doesn't do all of this work just to bury it.  

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

If GN'R release an album of new studio material this or any other year, it needs to be done in the exact opposite fashion of the Chinese Democracy release. They need to follow the "surprise" model that's popular these days. It just needs to show up on streaming services one Friday with a digital single delivered to stations to put in heavy rotation over the weekend. The physical CD & LP releases could come weeks later and they'd just ride the wave of hype created by the surprise digital release.

I agree, this kind of model would be the right way to go. However I'd fear for my health cause I'd probably have a heart attack if they released a whole new album without a warning. It'd be too surreal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @xlRose said:

I guess they will release it after the unannounced european leg just to continue touring and selling out stadiums, its not worth to release it before that imo

See, if GnR come to France next summer, I'm not really sure if I'm going to Paris to see the same old setlist. Sure it means nothing, but at least it would be cool to have new material with the south american leg and beyond. Why not? What's the next surprise? Madagascar and You're Crazy? Let me youtube that.

Axl has changed so much over the last year that I don't know if we can rely on past patterns to be a reliable indicator of future activity. I think we're going to get something, in some form, relatively soon. My guess is Slash and Duff are actively involved in this right now. Or hopefully they have laid the foundation and Axl has come off the road straight into the studio to do his stuff

Edited by GibsonLP

If there wqe going to be a new Best Of release, with a couple new reworked songs from the old CD era, where Duff would replace Tommy's parts  and Slash would replace Bucket/Robin/Bumble and Ashbas parts, I believed it was possible we may hear some new old music.

But with the fact that nothing has been announced yet, and we are near years and it leads me to believe that nothing is coming by the end of the year. Which makes me question why release it at the beginning of the year? I would have guessed that striking while there absolutely monstrous and on their way to a South American tour that this would be the perfect time for release right before the holidays. So I now question is of any kind.

Anyone who believes we're getting a full-length album is out of their mind. Just the analytics alone, first every new band member would have to re-record the parts either exactly the way they were played which slash is not going to agree to, and he likely will have to play 60 different solos for each individual song and then for each individual song Axl has to pick from the 60 different solos for each section, for each song, makes it sound like a monstrosity of an undertaking.

Who couldn't believe that it may take up to 3 months for Axl to decide what he wants on just one song? Look how long it took to make those songs!!

People are acting as if Slash can just walk into the studio record his parts, which is totally possible, but the fantasy comes in when people think that Axl will come into the studio ASAP, select from all the different  varieties, selections, parts and pieces that Slash has done for each individual song, and have Axl get this process done for an entire album in a reasonable amount of time,  and then have the songs remixed, mastered and ready for release.

I believed that one or two songs with a best of release at the end of the year was something that was slightly potentially feasible. I do not believe that anymore. I do not believe we will see another full-length record by Guns and Roses. Because there are too many pieces that need to be replaced. Axl would want to replace all of Pittman's Parts with a new player after all of Pittman's shitty comments, Stinson's Parts would have to be all replaced by the current member Duff Mckagen and the same goes for Slash. My guess is best case scenario Axl is happy  with it  2022 when it becomes completely irrelevant.

Be happy if you get one new song. And it's going to be an old already completely done song like Atlas Shrugged. 

Downzy's insight strengthens my opinion on the Pitman lawsuit. I think whatever he & Axl were working on has been shelved. So all his engineering work won't see the light of day, so he had to sue to get paid for his time. My theory anyway...

Maybe it's being reworked with Slash & Duff. Ever since the China Exchange, I have no optimism for anything anytime soon though... Man, I'd love to be wrong.

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Downzy's insight strengthens my opinion on the Pitman lawsuit. I think whatever he & Axl were working on has been shelved. So all his engineering work won't see the light of day, so he had to sue to get paid for his time. My theory anyway...

Maybe it's being reworked with Slash & Duff. Ever since the China Exchange, I have no optimism for anything anytime soon though... Man, I'd love to be wrong.

He did also say during the China Exchange interview the he has every intention of releasing something under the GNR name, which implies he'll do it whether Slash and Duff are involved or not. Although once again I doubt we'll see anything. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mendez said:

Axl, Slash, and Duff could be coughing on repeat and I'd listen to it

Dude me too.

Just want to see if slash, Axl, and Duff have that writing magic! I'm sure they do, so they really need to get together with Dizzy, Melissa and Richard and do new music and release a new cd! Anything these guys release will definitely go to Number 1!

I just think the GNR magic onstage is there, so now it's time to show the song magic is there too!

I would say next year something new will be released. it would be a shame not to!

What would be most interesting to me is if they did a double album. CD Leftovers on Disc1; and the VR/Project album with Izzy on Disc 2.  Both have been talked about by band members and friends of band members to death and I'd really like to hear if there as good as people claim. 

IE Disc1 -- how long have we been hearing about what epic songs these are.  

1. The General
  2. Silkworms
  3. Soul Monster
  4. Jackie Chan
  5. Atlas Shrugged
  6. Ides Of March
  7. Seven
  8. Down By The Ocean
  9. Zodiac
  10. Thyme
  11. Berlin
  12. Cuban Skies