New album this year rumour

Do you know that recording proper album if you go everyday all day in studio takes 2-3 months, and we all know GNR can't do that so they need 12 months and where they can find that time?

They didn't even announced European tour yet so don't get your hope high, they will tour shit out of NITL tour. Start of 2017 is reserved for Australia,NZ and Japan, summer Europe, maybe fall for some US arena dates. No way we will hear anything new until 2018. Tour is selling great so why would they give a shit?

I'll believe it when the band drops a new single

I mean there's been no signs or sightings of the band going anywhere near a recording studio lately, has there?  For as hyped GnR is, if they were up to something, it would have been discovered by now that something is going on behind the scenes

On 2/10/2016 at 6:26 PM, Padme said:

As for the mystery about GN'R . I don't know why there is such big mystery about everything. I find it stupid from their part

exactly

10 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Do you know that recording proper album if you go everyday all day in studio takes 2-3 months, and we all know GNR can't do that so they need 12 months and where they can find that time?

They didn't even announced European tour yet so don't get your hope high, they will tour shit out of NITL tour. Start of 2017 is reserved for Australia,NZ and Japan, summer Europe, maybe fall for some US arena dates. No way we will hear anything new until 2018. Tour is selling great so why would they give a shit?

9 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I mean there's been no signs or sightings of the band going anywhere near a recording studio lately, has there?  For as hyped GnR is, if they were up to something, it would have been discovered by now that something is going on behind the scenes

you're right guys :(

Edited by Italian girl

As much as I would love to have a new album, I only want one if its going to be a great one! If that means CD leftovers, so be it. But I'd definitely want some new material as well. 

IMO, a proper record can't be made while on the road, especially not with all this band has gone through. Axl and Slash are just getting back together and they're still in the thick of this tour so it's really unrealistic to expect a new album anytime too soon. 

12 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

kinda like it was discovered that axl and slash made up before slash broke the news in some obscur interview?

with the disaster that was chinese democracy,  i highly doubt we'll hear a peep outta anyone before a new single just magically appears on itunes

and to anyone saying they dont have time... whats to say they didnt hit the studio before the public even knew they were back together?

#threehourmeetingstartsnow

44 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

2 new tracks in a best of thing will be enough for me...

no

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

50 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

kinda like it was discovered that axl and slash made up before slash broke the news in some obscur interview?

The writing was so on the wall it was like someone threw a bucket of paint at it lol

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

No, it wasn't. We all thought Axl was going to retire.

After Vegas 2014 it seemed very possible he was going to disappear again. The fact that he came back last than two years later with the real top hat friend and some guy named Angus makes this year all the more shocking.

i remember the Slash interview where he revealed they were cool...everyone's reaction was "here we go again" another dumb rumor thanks to this edited video that means nothing. 

It really got bad though, I'm surprised people forget. This place was dry, there would be days with no new post, reunion was a never, Axl we weren't even sure would perform again, but I think everyone agreed he needed to get away and come back with some kind of motivation and stupid us thought he might release music to find that motivation. But a reunion....that came from nowhere. 

• Like 2

A sabbatical was expected, never a retirement; the scope of GnR's return was the unknown variable, so when the rumors started coming out about a year ago to when Duff & Slash's instagrams posted about Coachella, it was an interesting time

I hope slash's return to guns won't get tinker juices going even more but sadly i can imagine its possible and that's scary. Even without slash he still tinkered for decades. Would be funny if he writes and records a brand new ac/dc album

with angus in 2 weeks and tinkers 12 more years with a fortus riff. 

Edited by Rovim

15 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

we just need new music... The real fans in particular who stuck around through thick and thin deserve it, and I sincerely.bout the legacy of the bandshit if it doesn't materialise.

Its not about what we need. The ys Reason for the delays is axl's personality and the meaning each guns album to him. He works on and off for years on new songs that become old before they are released. Its just the kind of musician he is. Talented but insecure and the Quality standard for the next guns album could mean it will take years until axl thinks its good enough and reflects the current band and all kinds of shit.

Edited by Rovim

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Its not about what we need. The ys Reason for the delays is axl's personality and the meaning each guns album to him. He works on and off for years on new songs that become old before they are released. Its just the kind of musician he is. Talented but insecure and the Quality standard for the next guns album could mean it will take years until axl thinks its good enough and reflects the current band and all kinds of shit.

That is not creativity, it is fear driven perfectionism & it will prevent Axl ever releasing another good song.

It would be interesting to hear what they could come up with if they were put in the following situation.

Axl slash & duff & izzy are given 6 months to jam & collaborate on NEW  music or old ideas that were around before izzy departed. then they had three months to lay tracks & mix an album. The 6 months starts at the end of the NITLT tour & the 3 are thinking about music individually or collectively on the road. Izzy joins for shits & giggles after the tour.

Just jam out some new music, do not set out to create the greatest album ever. 

Yeah its nice to have fantasies to the fella above me, but axl indicated in the china exchange interview that the musical plan is still in motion, and slash can be a part of it if he likes to. Nothing close to writing from scratch in a small locked room together with izzy. Maybe but for now its not a realistic scenario. Axl said slash and duff liked the unreleased chinese material so i believe its likely gonna be mainly chinese material but axl will try to incorporate contributions from slash and duff.