New album this year rumour

45 minutes ago, vloors said:

Touring isnt an excuse for no new album. The rolling stones have toured for what 50 years and continue to release albums pretty frequently. Same as a majority of artists.

The Stones just announced their first album in 11 years, today. Pretty infrequently, sadly 

• Like 1

No one takes into consideration Axl's limits. That's the driving force of why we don't have as many guns albums as we think we deserve. He has his process. Sure, Slash and Duff can influence him when it comes to confidence in material like Robin did for like one song. On a musical level, I think he knows what he wants when he hears it. No matter how positive it all is, I think it will take years but on the upside, I believe they want to make a final statement.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sure he does,

Record basic tracks, or allows band to record basic tracks as he never bothers shown up to sessions.

Adds overdubs.

Adds more overdubs

Replace the contributions of ex-members, who have now left through frustration with the entire process, with current members'.

Add yet more overdubs

Throw entire thing in vault.

The Chinese Democracy sessions in a nutshell :lol:

On 10/6/2016 at 0:34 PM, Rovim said:

No one takes into consideration Axl's limits. That's the driving force of why we don't have as many guns albums as we think we deserve. He has his process. Sure, Slash and Duff can influence him when it comes to confidence in material like Robin did for like one song. On a musical level, I think he knows what he wants when he hears it. No matter how positive it all is, I think it will take years but on the upside, I believe they want to make a final statement.

We're not the ones who made outrageous claims about how much material was finished and how soon it would be released, Axl is.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We're not the ones who made outrageoabout how much material was carefullfinished and how soonld be released, Axl is.and

His claims about releasing trilogies , next album next year are long gone. I think his excitement and will to release music soon came with the price of angering and Confuse his fanbase which is understandable. Now he is way more carefull With getting our hopes up. This is because his process is slow and he has trouble with letting it go or stop trying to improve it. Especially a guns album. He will never release a guns album without totally being convinced its good enough. legacy......slash can come up with something brilliant for like one song and then axl decides every song in the album must be as good as that so im not sure axl truly controls himself but i believe a lot of songs are already recorded. I dont think a new album is likely to be released in the next 4years. Axl is not going to change the way he does things for us. A guns album is a part of his legacy And that seems important for him. It will happen only when he feels its ready plus its the right time to actually release it.

Edited by Rovim

46 minutes ago, Rovim said:

His claims about releasing trilogies , next album next year are long gone. I think his excitement and will to release music soon came with the price of angering and Confuse his fanbase which is understandable. Now he is way more carefull With getting our hopes up. This is because his process is slow and he has trouble with letting it go or stop trying to improve it. Especially a guns album. He will never release a guns album without totally being convinced its good enough. legacy......slash can come up with something brilliant for like one song and then axl decides every song in the album must be as good as that so im not sure axl truly controls himself but i believe a lot of songs are already recorded. I dont think a new album is likely to be released in the next 4years. Axl is not going to change the way he does things for us. A guns album is a part of his legacy And that seems important for him. It will happen only when he feels its ready plus its the right time to actually release it.

So basically, it's never coming out.

• Like 1

Basically, axl wants to do it so it might come out. If it will be released, its probably going to take years cause that's what his process, insecurities, flaws, call it what you want dictates.

In the china exchange interview he joked about how small the body of work for guns is. I think he'll try to finish a guns album with slash and duff and if he thinks its great, he will attempt to release it. Many things can go wrong but even if it all goes well i think the wait is still going to be long.

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We're not the ones who made outrageous claims about how much material was finished and how soon it would be released, Axl is.

Starting to feel the heat there, Russ? Tick tock, tick tock... times running out. 2017 is fast approaching..... ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Basically, axl wants to do it so it might come out. If it will be released, its probably going to take years cause that's what his process, insecurities, flaws, call it what you want dictates.

In the china exchange interview he joked about how small the body of work for guns is. I think he'll try to finish a guns album with slash and duff and if he thinks its great, he will attempt to release it. Many things can go wrong but even if it all goes well i think the wait is still going to be long.

We don't know if Slash and Duff got a hold of rough mixes to work on, plus what they are brinigng in. I think they'll "road test" a few new songs, and maybe one or two make it onto a TV show or movie. I guess no one's asked him since "Body of Lies" and just want SCOM and WTTJ. 

27 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

THIS will be the most interesting thing to hear on the next records : best guitar combo in the world.

groupe-artiste-guns-n-roses-374984-11420

Okay, I too respect Fortus and I think he's a great fit for the band now that Izzy isn't there.

But you're praising a bit to high man, he's great, but not that great.

• Like 1

Fincks style fits more than 4tus'...And even Slash is copying his cd solos. So that says a lot.

While saying this...2 leads make only sense when you battle like lynyrd skynyrd in free bird. Perfect Studio combo was slash/Izzy. Perfect live combo Gilby/slash.

1 hour ago, maxpax said:

Fincks style fits more than 4tus'...And even Slash is copying his cd solos. So that says a lot.

While saying this...2 leads make only sense when you battle like lynyrd skynyrd in free bird. Perfect Studio combo was slash/Izzy. Perfect live combo Gilby/slash.

I know we're talking only GnR here, but Slash and Frank Sidoris are also a killer live combo.

• Like 3

On October 4, 2016 at 11:15 AM, DexAxl said:

Do you know that recording proper album if you go everyday all day in studio takes 2-3 months, and we all know GNR can't do that so they need 12 months and where they can find that time?

They didn't even announced European tour yet so don't get your hope high, they will tour shit out of NITL tour. Start of 2017 is reserved for Australia,NZ and Japan, summer Europe, maybe fall for some US arena dates. No way we will hear anything new until 2018. Tour is selling great so why would they give a shit?

Why?

Lots of people are very open minded about music and have a wide variety of tastes. At one point Metallica was one of the biggest bands in the world. Their first 4-5 albums were outstanding. Why wouldn't rock fans be eager to hear new music from them?

I enjoy hearing new music from any band. You never know what you might get. It might be garbage.  But it might be awesome as well. 

Anybody who enjoys music should enjoy hearing new stuff. From any band. 

• Like 1