New album this year rumour

18 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You have got to be fucking kidding... 

Yeah. For the next run of shows, they can put on Santa hats, and Axl can lead the piano jam of the Peanuts theme, before they go into the new Xmas classic "December Snow"...

The Suite Life Of Zac And Cody have already done their rendition called 'December Snow'?

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i think it is more a question of him wanting to get things right in the manner he considers right. he knows he is being judged on everything he does, and that must be a lot of pressure. JMO.

every artist, songwriter, performer etc etc etc is judged every single day in multiple ways and forms

every human being is judged by its peers on a daily basis

part of Axl's appeal was that he was so sure of himself that it was like... contagious!

even when he said and done the most stupid things you felt like he REALLY believed what he was doing and saying

back then, even when I was in total disagreement with what he was doing and saying, i still respected him for being so fucking bold

I've never known an 'artist' more reluctant to produce new material than W. Axl Rose. It is truly unprecedented in popular music. Even post-Pet Sounds Brian Wilson, the height of madness, contributed songwriting to those 1970s' Beach Boys' records. The modern Stones? Even they have released a smattering of new songs on 'hits' releases (and also have their solo releases). DC. and Metallica seem locked in a cycle of an album per half-a-decade; entirely sluggish certainly, but they look like Linford Christie whence compared with Axl's one record per thirty years cycle! There is truly no precedent!

The cunt will simply not release music!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've never known an 'artist' more reluctant to produce new material than W. Axl Rose. It is truly unprecedented in popular music. Even post-Pet Sounds Brian Wilson, the height of madness, contributed songwriting to those 1970s' Beach Boys' records. The modern Stones? Even they have released a smattering of new songs on 'hits' releases (and also have their solo releases). DC. and Metallica seem locked in a cycle of an album per half-a-decade; entirely sluggish certainly, but they look like Linford Christie whence compared with Axl's one record per thirty years cycle! There is truly no precedent!

I never considered it like that before. It is truly unprecedented.

39 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

every artist, songwriter, performer etc etc etc is judged every single day in multiple ways and forms

every human being is judged by its peers on a daily basis

part of Axl's appeal was that he was so sure of himself that it was like... contagious!

even when he said and done the most stupid things you felt like he REALLY believed what he was doing and saying

back then, even when I was in total disagreement with what he was doing and saying, i still respected him for being so fucking bold

yet he took years and years and years to get CD out...

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He also released "Oh My God" for a movie. Guess that changes everything :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok this might be a stretch...

Shotgun Blues Christmas :D

it's GN'R's fault we need more music!

Pretty Wrapped Up ....huh? huh? i tried :( 

Silent Night Train was an awesome one though 

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

GH (or rather best of) without the mainstream bullshit like NR, SCOM, etc. Instead. Locomotive, Perfect Crime, etc. Would also be great to finally hear Civil War without the horrible last two minutes. UYI stuff Re-mastered; would prefer a bit rawer sound. 

Why not go with a "best of UYI, remastered" altogether. 

4 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

I take it all...

Lies II

It's So Easy live

Chinese Democracy live 

Welcome to the Jungle live 

Better live

Atlas Shrugged ft Slash

Slash/Fortus song

Axl/Duff/Slash song

Seven

• Like 1

I suppose the only analogy is Billy Joel, who stopped releasing new material 1993, however the difference with Joel is he has proclaimed it many times; the following interview has many interesting quotations which some might find pertinent to Axl's situation,

https://www.yahoo.com/music/bp/billy-joel-reveals-why-he-ll-never-record-another-pop-album-again-193855015.html

Axl however still emits these vague comments such as that unintelligible one that went something like - correct me if I'm wrong -  ''looking seriously into what we can do in that regard'', and is reportedly sitting a fairly sizable amount of unreleased material! Joel shut up shop in his early forties. At a slightly earlier age than Joel's, Axl was in 1999 - 2002 alongside Buckethead, promising ''trilogies''!

Axl is like a tragic hybrid of Prince and Billy Joel haha: he possesses both their flaws which are (respectively), sitting upon a vault, and refusing to release new material, but none of their saving graces, that Prince, coterminous with hoarding, remains - remained - ridiculously prolific, and that Billy is transparent about his desire to concentrate on 'hits' touring. I however suspect Axl has done little recording since the mid two-thousands so perhaps he has developed into being simply Billy Joel.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl lost his hit making skills somewhere in 1991. The long UYI Tour + the cover Album + sympathy for the devil indicates that he probably knew as well that he was not able to write good lyrics anymore. 

It simply needs the 5 original guys to create hit material (+ Matt/Gilby in addition to make it sound perfect).

• Like 1