New album this year rumour

4 hours ago, maxpax said:

Axl lost his hit making skills somewhere in 1991. The long UYI Tour + the cover Album + sympathy for the devil indicates that he probably knew as well that he was not able to write good lyrics anymore. 

It simply needs the 5 original guys to create hit material (+ Matt/Gilby in addition to make it sound perfect).

That's a good point. Izzy wrote the tunes really. Axl could do This I Love or Catcher type stuff. I'm not even sure Nov Rain is that commercial. 10 minutes. You can't really set up a conveyor belt of Nov Rains as singles. 

Izzy wrote easy hits like SCOM, Don't Cry, Patience. Those kind of songs crossover to the mainstream. 

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose the only analogy is Billy Joel, who stopped releasing new material 1993, however the difference with Joel is he has proclaimed it many times; the following interview has many interesting quotations which some might find pertinent to Axl's situation,

https://www.yahoo.com/music/bp/billy-joel-reveals-why-he-ll-never-record-another-pop-album-again-193855015.html

very interesting interview

23 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

NITL Blu-Ray packaged with new greatest hits that has 2 new songs.

Why a greatest hits? That would mean that the last four GnR albums were:

covers album 

greatest hits

chinese democracy 

greatest hits

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Why a greatest hits? That would mean that the last four GnR albums were:

covers album 

greatest hits

chinese democracy 

greatest hits

I was saying if something was to be released this year, no way a full album comes out before January.

I would say if we get a full album it comes out next year.

18 hours ago, wasted said:

That's a good point. Izzy wrote the tunes really. Axl could do This I Love or Catcher type stuff. I'm not even sure Nov Rain is that commercial. 10 minutes. You can't really set up a conveyor belt of Nov Rains as singles. 

Izzy wrote easy hits like SCOM, Don't Cry, Patience. Those kind of songs crossover to the mainstream. 

Yeah, right, Izzy wrote SCOM, never mind that Slash came up with the riff and the melody, Axl with the lyrics and the general idea for the climate and feel of the song, it is Izzy who wrote it. Let's just settle thos once and for all. IZZY WROTE THEM ALL. AXL AND SLASH HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRIBUTION TO GNR SONGS AND SUCCESS.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asia said:

Yeah, right, Izzy wrote SCOM, never mind that Slash came up with the riff and the melody, Axl with the lyrics and the general idea for the climate and feel of the song, it is Izzy who wrote it. Let's just settle thos once and for all. IZZY WROTE THEM ALL. AXL AND SLASH HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRIBUTION TO GNR SONGS AND SUCCESS.

Well, to be fair, Slash has said that he just played the riff out of fun once and didn't think much of it but Izzy convinced him to actually use it in a song. Otherwise I agree with you, though. Izzy sometimes gets a little too much songwriting credit around here.

• Like 2

Just now, slash97 said:

Well, to be fair, Slash has said that he just played the riff out of fun once and didn't think much of it but Izzy convinced him to actually use it in a song. Otherwise I agree with you, though. Izzy sometimes gets a little too much songwriting credit around here.

Yup Izzy convinced him to work on it, not, Izzy began to work on it by himself and wrote SCOM.

22 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Axl, Slash & Duff are capable of making a good album without Izzy.

I want to believe they are, but I doubt it, not because Izzy isnt on the band anymore, but two of 'em have turned into modern rock pussies and the other one is nuts. 

I want to believe they can still do a GUNS N' ROSES album, like Slash did with Five O'Clock or even some songs in Believe in Me that could fit in a GNR album, but at this point? The only thing I can do is expect for the best, i sure don't want a mix of that piece of shit called Velvet Revolver with the weird Chinese Democracy. 

hkOZ10L.png

Edited by default_
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, wasted said:

Izzy didn't write SCOM, that was all Axl about his ex Erin.

Please apologize and repent for your sin before Izzy gets the wrath of many.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Probably a good one.. But how about another great one?

Honestly nobody can be sure if any  of them including with Izzy are capable of making a great album, most artists have their best creative years in youth. So we'll see but I don't believe Izzy's presence or absence will be in any way decisive in this matter. The guy is as much an old fart as they are, or even much more, being out of touch with everything forever.