New album this year rumour

SWEET CHILD O' MINE

AXL :  That's a true story about my girlfriend at this time.
IZZY :  That's a real love song.
AXL :  I had written this poem, reached a dead end with it and put it on the shelf.  Then Slash and Izzy got working together on songs and I came in, Izzy hit a rhythm, and all of a sudden this poem popped in my head.  It just all came together.  A lot of rock bands are too fucking wimpy to have any sentiment or any emotion in any of their stuff unless they're in pain.  It's the first positive love song I've ever written, but I never had anyone to write anything about before, I guess.
DUFF :  It was probably the hardest song for me and Steve to record, just because you have to keep a steadiness and also keep the emotion in it.

http://www.w-axl-rose.com/Articles/Art_HitParader_Mar_1988.html

• Like 1

You are all debating whether so and so, Axl/Duff/Slash can make a such and such album, or whether they need Izzy, while missing the main point: Guns N' Roses will not release an album. It is all hot air!!

It wouldn't matter if Bob Dylan wrote the songs, Axl wouldn't release the bugger.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2016 at 8:20 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose the only analogy is Billy Joel, who stopped releasing new material 1993, however the difference with Joel is he has proclaimed it many times; the following interview has many interesting quotations which some might find pertinent to Axl's situation,

https://www.yahoo.com/music/bp/billy-joel-reveals-why-he-ll-never-record-another-pop-album-again-193855015.html

Axl however still emits these vague comments such as that unintelligible one that went something like - correct me if I'm wrong -  ''looking seriously into what we can do in that regard'', and is reportedly sitting a fairly sizable amount of unreleased material! Joel shut up shop in his early forties. At a slightly earlier age than Joel's, Axl was in 1999 - 2002 alongside Buckethead, promising ''trilogies''!

Axl is like a tragic hybrid of Prince and Billy Joel haha: he possesses both their flaws which are (respectively), sitting upon a vault, and refusing to release new material, but none of their saving graces, that Prince, coterminous with hoarding, remains - remained - ridiculously prolific, and that Billy is transparent about his desire to concentrate on 'hits' touring. I however suspect Axl has done little recording since the mid two-thousands so perhaps he has developed into being simply Billy Joel.

That's an interesting read, and there might be something to it. Axl's always put a lot of his emotion in his music, his lyrics. Maybe Chinese Democracy was it? All he had left to say.  He seems to be at peace these days.  

4 hours ago, Asia said:

Honestly nobody can be sure if any  of them including with Izzy are capable of making a great album, most artists have their best creative years in youth. So we'll see but I don't believe Izzy's presence or absence will be in any way decisive in this matter. The guy is as much an old fart as they are, or even much more, being out of touch with everything forever.

"out of touch with everything"?

what does that even mean?

you are saying that a person needs to be "in touch with everything" to make great music?

what?

OK then, let me explain especially for you: he's old, he hasn't been doing much, his main source of inspiration are avocados, he hasn't been a performing, active musician for ages. He's been composing songs that barely differ from one another for pretty much his entire life, the ones who made them outstanding were Axl and Slash. They can do away without him, no problem, just as they did on many great illusions songs. Unless their creative juices are gone which we dont know since they havent done anything together for 25 years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Asia said:

Yeah, right, Izzy wrote SCOM, never mind that Slash came up with the riff and the melody, Axl with the lyrics and the general idea for the climate and feel of the song, it is Izzy who wrote it. Let's just settle thos once and for all. IZZY WROTE THEM ALL. AXL AND SLASH HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRIBUTION TO GNR SONGS AND SUCCESS.

Izzy wrote the cords. The tune. Slash wrote the the iconic lick on top of that. But the melody is Izzy. Of course to make it a hit, it has to be all of them. But Izzy wrote it. 

3 hours ago, Asia said:

OK then, let me explain especially for you: he's old, he hasn't been doing much, his main source of inspiration are avocados, he hasn't been a performing, active musician for ages. He's been composing songs that barely differ from one another for pretty much his entire life, the ones who made them outstanding were Axl and Slash. They can do away without him, no problem, just as they did on many great illusions songs. Unless their creative juices are gone which we dont know since they havent done anything together for 25 years.

I wrote this song for you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Izzy didn't write SCOM, that was all Axl about his ex Erin.

Please apologize and repent for your sin before Izzy gets the wrath of many.

Thank you.

Izzy had the cords, Axl had the poem. Then Axl heard Slash warming up on his guitar. They put it together. Izzy has a knack with a tune is my point. Not Izzy was the only factor. But you take him out. Even the great stuff Axl and Slash did still doesn't have such an ease about it. Maybe Izzy held them back, kept it more rock n roll. There's buckets of tunes which remind me of early Guns on solo albums. Punk rock n roll tunes a go go. 

But I understand Guns became more than that, with all the huge epic ballads which is what made them famous. Those really made them a stadium band they are now. But some of those hits like Don't Cry, Patience are very Izzy. Time Gone By and Shuffle it All could have been hits for GNR. River, Gotta Say. Haven't heard songs as easy as these from Slash or Axl. Catchy songs like some of the early Guns songs. 

Edited by wasted
U know
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Asia said:

his main source of inspiration are avocados

I love Izzy, but :rofl-lol::thumbsup: (Also, dogs. Don't forget the dogs.)

I think Slaxluff are perfectly capable of producing a good album, but I think it would sound a lot like CD meets Contraband. Since I like at least a couple of songs on both of these albums that's not completely nightmare-inducing to me.

If we're lucky, we might even get something along the lines of Coma, which is a perfect example of what happens if Slash and Axl work together without Izzy.

What I think would be missing without Izzy there is a certain easy-going, relaxed attitude to the songs. There's something really sweet and simple (understated is the word I guess) about the types of song he writes, whereas Axl's all tend to be really dramatic, complex and frilly and Slash's tend to be heavy, angry and kind of repetitive.

With Axl, Slash and Duff, we're not going to get anything like Patience, Don't Cry, 14 Years, Gotta Say or Sweet Caress. (Mentioning these last two because they remind me of GNR songs and I always imagine what they would sound like if they had been released as Guns songs and the other guys had gotten a chance to mess around with them as well)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, wasted said:

Izzy wrote the cords. The tune. Slash wrote the the iconic lick on top of that. But the melody is Izzy. Of course to make it a hit, it has to be all of them. But Izzy wrote it. 

I wrote this song for you. 

20 hours ago, Route66 said:

Guns know they need to release something to ride the wave. Problem is, it's not simple.

It's just rock and roll music. It actually is pretty easy for these guys. It's what they do for s living. 

From Axl's mouth he has between 25-to-50 songs that are complete. Slash has show he likes to put out an album every couple years. 

Axl could let Slash/Duff pick their three favorite remaining CD songs.

Slash could bring three of his current songs to the table. 

Each guy brings a cover. 

And they can write 4 songs together. 

That's an album that could be released next summer. 

Axl can package the remaining CD songs for an album this Christmas and simutaniously sell the remix album on  iTunes. And that would close out the Replacement Era. 

• Like 1

On October 17, 2016 at 11:44 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

NITL Blu-Ray packaged with new greatest hits that has 2 new songs.

Yuck. 

Just got a live DVD last year from GnR. 

Greatest hits? Just got one of those a few years ago. You can't release a GH album. Then a regular album. Then another GH album. There should be 4-5 albums of new material between greatest hits cash grabs. 

On October 17, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Probably a good one.. But how about another great one?

At this point, as a fan, I would kill for a couple good albums from Axl Rose. With one album in 25 years even a good album would be a huge huge achievement and positive news for fans. 

Axl doesn't need to top Appetite. Just give us anything. 

Also - look what a good GnR album would be. Take out the "great" songs (SCOM, nov rain, PC, etc) and how would an album similar to this be for the fans?

Nightrain. Yesterday's. You're Crazy. Perfect Crime. Better. Twat. Rocketqueen. RNDTJ. Locomotive. Patience. Breakdown. My Micjelle. And a cover of Back n Black. 

At this point, GnR should probably do a follow up to The Spaghetti Incident:

The Steakhouse Incident:

1. We Will Rock You
  2. Whole Lotta Rosie
  3. The Seeker
  4. Sailing
  5. Sway
  6. Don't Let It Bring You Down
  7. Light My Fire
  8. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
  9. Wish You Were Here
  10. Gran Torino
  11. Layla
  12. Liquor & Whores
  13. Mother (danzig cover)
Edited by Silent Jay

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

At this point, GnR should probably do a follow up to The Spaghetti Incident:

The Steakhouse Incident:

1. We Will Rock You
  2. Whole Lotta Rosie
  3. The Seeker
  4. Sailing
  5. Sway
  6. Don't Let It Bring You Down
  7. Light My Fire
  8. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
  9. Wish You Were Here
  10. Gran Torino
  11. Layla
  12. Liquor & Whores
  13. Mother (danzig cover)

With Axl claiming to have at least 35 songs in the can there really is no reason to do a full covers album. 

Greatest Hits or a covers album shouldn't even be in their thought process. 

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I found this. No idea what the guy is saying, but it seems to relate to a new album. Perhaps some of our Spanish-speaking members can help translate it to English?

He's mentioning some of the things Axl said about the new music he's shown to Slash and Duff and claiming that there's a new album coming. It's just his interpretation of what Axl said about new music, nothing else.

• Like 1