New album this year rumour

On October 25, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Rovim said:

Perhaps it's not just one reason. It's Axl, it's the label, it's lawsuits, etc.

The question I sometimes ask myself is: if some other musician was going through the same shit, not Axl, even someone from Tool or Trent, with the same goal of putting together something like Chinese, how long?

My guess is maybe not quite as long as it took Axl. Not that it's really a fair comparison, but while I'm convinced all the other shit, not recording the album, had a lot to do with the delays.

I still think Axl took his time like always. He wanted to delay Illusions. And what about now? he admitted CD ll is done for a while now. So what's he waiting for? to tour some more? see if they get along?

Everything is going well now with Guns and still he said in the China exchange interview soon is not the word. Why is that? maybe he doesn't know when it will be good enough and when the time will be right for a release.

The fact he said Slash can play on it if he's interested to me means it's never done until it's released. Even if it's been done for 15 years.

Axl does tinker for years. It's not a myth. It wasn't the only reason for the Chinese delays but maybe it's the main one.

Great post. 

Obviously there were multiple reasons that Axl stopped sharing music with his fans. 

But the biggest reason is Axl's refusal to do so. Not that the record company thought CD was going to sell 20 million copies - that's just silly. Again, other bands of GnR's stature are able to work with their RC and release music. Lessor bands like LA Guns are able to continually put out new albums. 

This is Axl Rose we are talking about. If he wanted to release music then he would have. And if the label was preventing him from doing so, dude would have sued them in a heartbeat. This is the guy who sues everybody and who tried to have pictures of himself taken off the interent. There is a reason he didn't sue to get out of his label contract. 

Label - sorry Axl, we reject these 15 songs. Any word on you getting the real GnR back together?

Axl - not in this lifetime, not that Cancer Slash. Mind if I release these 15 rejected songs on a solo album then?

Label - go for it. Just submit us more songs for a GnR album in the next year. And remember that if the real GnR gets back together, we will promote the f*ck out of it. 

Axl - gotcha. Now here is 15 songs for my solo album. Let's get it out there in time for Christmas. 

Label - done. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

slash and duff should really get with it and get the record finished. We all know axl has it done for a while. So he's nice enough to allow duff and slash To play on songs they had no hand in writing and here they are yet again holding up the bands evolutionary artistic progression.

Let me be the first to acknowledge that I was wrong about the jimmy page joining gnr rumor that was swirling around since bumble's departure.

Close enough. I thought Johnny Depp would replace Dj Ashba. Let's not cry over posted hashtags. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

Close enough. I thought Johnny Depp would replace Dj Ashba. Let's not cry over posted hashtags. 

As far as I'm concerned they still have a vacant 2nd lead giuitar spot so I guess it's never too late. I think page would make an even better foil for slash than he would've for ashbya.

1 minute ago, Mr. Dude said:

As far as I'm concerned they still have a vacant 2nd lead giuitar spot so I guess it's never too late. I think page would make an even better foil for slash than he would've for ashbya.

Angus is my new delusion. Angus guesting on CD II with Brian May, Slash, Duff, Jimmy Page. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

I can't see it. 

I'm not surprised. Some people can, some are still waiting for Bucket and Robin to return. (2 to 3 people globally)

If Axl will try his very best to release an album when it's done, it's highly likely that Slash is gonna be a part of it and what I can personally see in my head, is Slash entering a studio and just pouring all he's got into it, especially solos of course.

If they manage to release another Guns album, the way there is kinda ironic. Like Slash was very angry about that whole Paul Huge thing, they broke up for many reasons, and now Slash and Duff said they liked at least some of the vault material.

So after Illusions, it's possible that A Guns album with Slash on it will mainly feature tunes that Slash was in many ways against. He wasn't gonna record for years with layers, not the way he does things, so somebody had to come up with music that wasn't disposable. It needs to be timeless anyway cause it's Guns N' Roses. At least Axl cares enough about the quality so we won't get albums like the rest of the old bands like u2, chili peppers, metallica, soundgarden, and faith no more. Some good albums in there, but there's nothing that adds to the discography like Chinese. (artistically speaking)

I believe that if there's anything that can get Slash to work very hard in the studio it's the fact he wasn't a part of Guns for 20 years and can now focus all his attention really (now or on tour breaks) on mainly solos, adding his input to finished Axl/Huge/Robin tunes.

It's potentially great, cause he doesn't like to labor over songs it seems, more getting in there doing what he did on Axl epics for example like November Rain and Estranged.

Edited by Rovim

I just don't think Slash wants Axl editing his stuff or directing him that much. He'll work on and do his versions of Chi dem, Better etc. He always did that in Guns. Whether Axl or Izzy wrote it Slash would take it next level. But he's not looking to re-record the album 3 times I guess. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wasted said:

I just don't think Slash wants Axl editing his stuff or directing him that much. He'll work on and do his versions of Chi dem, Better etc. He always did that in Guns. Whether Axl or Izzy wrote it Slash would take it next level. But he's not looking to re-record the album 3 times I guess. 

From the start of this reunion I had some concerns about production and approaches. This may be a problem, they'll have to compromise I suppose. (bad word)

The thing is... they're on the same team now. They're like a triforce (obscure zelda reference)

They can do more together. They still have years to do it, and Axl will probably definitely take years to put it together and release it in the most ideal way.

We don't really know how much Slash and Duff can compromise. This machine is making a lot of money, they haven't been in Guns for 20 years, etc.

So for example: let's say Slash decides to bend when he feels Axl is not going to budge, so he can compromise on production - that I can see, maybe.

But editing his solos... we don't even know if Axl will do that with Slash, he never did in the past. He gave him suggestions over the phone to move notes around, add or subtract them, etc, but that was more team work to make it better.

They're a team now, but Axl is capable, we know that much.

I think they all want to make it last as long as possible. There are many Chinese solos that were not changed or edited. Having said that, even for Bucket's There Was A Time outro, there was another leak with a shorter, edited solo. So it was considered.

Maybe cause it's Slash, it goes without saying or they will put it into a contract or just agree on it that solos must be approved by Slash as well, we don't know so maybe I'm dreaming.

Too early to tell, but if they managed in the past to add Slash solos to tunes that Axl was VERY attached to like November Rain and Estranged, perhaps Slash can come up with shit that is good enough to not edit it. Just cause there's protools now and Axl is a producer, doesn't mean he is obviously going to copy/paste like it's Brian May.

If that happens, Axl edits and a mad Slash then it's gonna be an issue. Hopefully they've thought about it or will. I think they're playing it safe with each other. Building everything slowly. I'm optimistic about them working together, just not about Axl actually releasing it. Even if he honestly wants to do it.

Edit: or maybe Axl said in the china exchange that Slash can be a part of it if he's interested cause Axl still treats it exactly the same: more of his solo project when it comes to the vault and plans to dictate, be a dictator, and direct everyone, no matter who you are or how cool they all seem to be with each other.

They have to have a more or less similar goal. Someone will have to compromise a lot for it to even have a chance. That means Slash will have to compromise more cause Axl is crazy. But maybe Slash will do it, who the fuck knows.

Edited by Rovim

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

From the start of this reunion I had some concerns about production and approaches. This may be a problem, they'll have to compromise I suppose. (bad word)

The thing is... they're on the same team now. They're like a triforce (obscure zelda reference)

They can do more together. They still have years to do it, and Axl will probably definitely take years to put it together and release it in the most ideal way.

We don't really know how much Slash and Duff can compromise. This machine is making a lot of money, they haven't been in Guns for 20 years, etc.

So for example: let's say Slash decides to bend when he feels Axl is not going to budge, so he can compromise on production - that I can see, maybe.

But editing his solos... we don't even know if Axl will do that with Slash, he never did in the past. He gave him suggestions over the phone to move notes around, add or subtract them, etc, but that was more team work to make it better.

They're a team now, but Axl is capable, we know that much.

I think they all want to make it last as long as possible. There are many Chinese solos that were not changed or edited. Having said that, even for Bucket's There Was A Time outro, there was another leak with a shorter, edited solo. So it was considered.

Maybe cause it's Slash, it goes without saying or they will put it into a contract or just agree on it that solos must be approved by Slash as well, we don't know so maybe I'm dreaming.

Too early to tell, but if they managed in the past to add Slash solos to tunes that Axl was VERY attached to like November Rain and Estranged, perhaps Slash can come up with shit that is good enough to not edit it. Just cause there's protools now and Axl is a producer, doesn't mean he is obviously going to copy/paste like it's Brian May.

If that happens, Axl edits and a mad Slash then it's gonna be an issue. Hopefully they've thought about it or will. I think they're playing it safe with each other. Building everything slowly. I'm optimistic about them working together, just not about Axl actually releasing it. Even if he honestly wants to do it.

Edit: or maybe Axl said in the china exchange that Slash can be a part of it if he's interested cause Axl still treats it exactly the same: more of his solo project when it comes to the vault and plans to dictate, be a dictator, and direct everyone, no matter who you are or how cool they all seem to be with each other.

They have to have a more or less similar goal. Someone will have to compromise a lot for it to even have a chance. That means Slash will have to compromise more cause Axl is crazy. But maybe Slash will do it, who the fuck knows.

I think Slash will be more on board with it, like doing CD songs live. He's not against doing Nov Rain as Guns anymore. 

Axl would be wise to use Slash to give the record that consitency and assurance he always brings. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rovim said:

I'm not surprised. Some people can, some are still waiting for Bucket and Robin to return. (2 to 3 people globally)

If Axl will try his very best to release an album when it's done, it's highly likely that Slash is gonna be a part of it and what I can personally see in my head, is Slash entering a studio and just pouring all he's got into it, especially solos of course.

If they manage to release another Guns album, the way there is kinda ironic. Like Slash was very angry about that whole Paul Huge thing, they broke up for many reasons, and now Slash and Duff said they liked at least some of the vault material.

So after Illusions, it's possible that A Guns album with Slash on it will mainly feature tunes that Slash was in many ways against. He wasn't gonna record for years with layers, not the way he does things, so somebody had to come up with music that wasn't disposable. It needs to be timeless anyway cause it's Guns N' Roses. At least Axl cares enough about the quality so we won't get albums like the rest of the old bands like u2, chili peppers, metallica, soundgarden, and faith no more. Some good albums in there, but there's nothing that adds to the discography like Chinese. (artistically speaking)

I believe that if there's anything that can get Slash to work very hard in the studio it's the fact he wasn't a part of Guns for 20 years and can now focus all his attention really (now or on tour breaks) on mainly solos, adding his input to finished Axl/Huge/Robin tunes.

It's potentially great, cause he doesn't like to labor over songs it seems, more getting in there doing what he did on Axl epics for example like November Rain and Estranged.

Not buying it.  This means I disagree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxpax said:

Seriously...i dont want to hear CD2 anymore. It would be even a bigger farce than this half ass reunion...

You're getting CD II whether you know it or not. It's always CD, always been. 

Unless Izzy come back they can't write an old school GNR record, so the main thing going for it will be Axl songs with Slash and Duff legiting them. 

Edited by wasted
Guns 4 Hire
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wasted said:

You're getting CD II whether you know it or not. It's always CD, always been. 

Unless Izzy come back they can't write an old school GNR record, so the main thing going for it will be Axl songs with Slash and Duff legiting them. 

I think they could do it in the past, even if you people dont agree, Five O'Clock, Believe in Me, even some stuff from CD could make a great follow-up to Illusions, but in 2016? I doubt these guys can do anything that could resemble to oldschool GNR. 

I'm certainly curious, but doubt it will be good. 

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

I think they could do it in the past, even if you people dont agree, Five O'Clock, Believe in Me, even some stuff from CD could make a great follow-up to Illusions, but in 2016? I doubt these guys can do anything that could resemble to oldschool GNR. 

I'm certainly curious, but doubt it will be good. 

Yeah they can do something like CD maybe. Think of UYI and take out Izzy songs. It's great but not fuck yeah. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yeah they can do something like CD maybe. Think of UYI and take out Izzy songs. It's great but not fuck yeah. 

Songs can originate from all over the place. Josh wrote the title song for Axl's epic album. Paul was like the Izzy of the album. Robin wrote we don't know how many tunes, but he said a lot.

So at this point they can bang out a few more new tunes, but even without Izzy, I have to guess there is no shortage of great ideas to draw from. We're talking about at least 1 album that is complete, the rest of the vault, plus Richard is also a writer. Perhaps his work could be more prominent in the next one so it won't just be UYI without Izzy.

Chinese with rasp, but it would be cool if they also get in there what they have now. Capture this line up as well. Maybe center it instrumentally more like Appetite in some of the hard tunes.

Cause even adding Bumble helped a lot and gave it a new dimension like in the title song. Speaking of which, Chinese Democracy as a tune sounds like something Izzy wrote or would have written. I hope Josh wrote more songs like that in style. That's an Izzy vibe right there.

45 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Songs can originate from all over the place. Josh wrote the title song for Axl's epic album. Paul was like the Izzy of the album. Robin wrote we don't know how many tunes, but he said a lot.

So at this point they can bang out a few more new tunes, but even without Izzy, I have to guess there is no shortage of great ideas to draw from. We're talking about at least 1 album that is complete, the rest of the vault, plus Richard is also a writer. Perhaps his work could be more prominent in the next one so it won't just be UYI without Izzy.

Chinese with rasp, but it would be cool if they also get in there what they have now. Capture this line up as well. Maybe center it instrumentally more like Appetite in some of the hard tunes.

Cause even adding Bumble helped a lot and gave it a new dimension like in the title song. Speaking of which, Chinese Democracy as a tune sounds like something Izzy wrote or would have written. I hope Josh wrote more songs like that in style. That's an Izzy vibe right there.

Axl has 4 Izzy songs anyways. So maybe use those and 4 Slash tracks and 4 Axl/CD II tracks. 

The point was that they won't get back to old school GNR, it's more likely be CD II. Which I like, maybe more than AFD right now. 

But people keep saying throw out CD era tracks out. But then what do you have? A few Snakepit songs and a Duff cover? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wasted said:

Axl has 4 Izzy songs anyways. So maybe use those and 4 Slash tracks and 4 Axl/CD II tracks. 

The point was that they won't get back to old school GNR, it's more likely be CD II. Which I like, maybe more than AFD right now. 

But people keep saying throw out CD era tracks out. But then what do you have? A few Snakepit songs and a Duff cover? 

At this point it's just practical. We know Axl had already finished a lot of songs. His quality standard is high. Duff, Slash, and Fortus all together working for a year or 2 or 3 starting from scratch still doesn't mean it will be better than what's in the vault and Axl has made it pretty clear that he's satisfied with the core vision he already labored over. He wouldn't mind (of course) that Slash will play on it, I assume Duff as well, they like what he played them.

Not hard to conclude what's the best option would be if we want another Guns album in this lifetime. Axl doesn't do disposable. It won't be as good as a Guns album with Izzy, but if it works as a concept and is as good as Chinese was with Slash solos and Duff with also maybe a couple of tunes or not at all, that's good enough for me. Axl probably already made it timeless. Should we wait until Slash and Duff can come up with 12 songs that are as good? that's just silly. Just let Slash do what he does best and play all over it. Kinda like what Bucket did. Then Axl can just use the solos that fit. Bucket, Slash, and Robin solos on one album. Kinda like the live show now, only with new tunes.

Edited by Rovim

I think if they want to release a new album, they will do it and no, it won't take 15 years.  One of the major reasons CD took so long (IMO) is because it was Axl's baby....it was the album Axl wanted to create to prove that he could put out a Guns record without the rest of the classic lineup.  Whether he succeeded in creating a Guns record on his own or not, is up to debate but what's not up to debate is that he did put out his version of a Guns record....and that's over with now.  No way he wants to go through that same, antagonizing process again....who would want to?  The pressure is no longer on just him now....so a new record wouldn't be nearly as difficult to put out now.....not in Axl's mind, anyway.

I think they've all learned that the best material they've created has been when they all collaborated on material....Axl himself has said the best songs were the songs in which they ALL collaborated together on.  I think that Slash and Duff would agree....they've now seen first hand the reaction the classic songs and even the Illusion songs get now, over 25 years after they were released.  They know that they can put out the best music working together.  None of their side projects (including VR) generated anywhere near the success of what they did while they were together.

So in my opinion, it's up to whether they want to do it or not....once they agree to do it, it won't take long, trust me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I think if they want to release a new album, they will do it and no, it won't take 15 years.  One of the major reasons CD took so long (IMO) is because it was Axl's baby....it was the album Axl wanted to create to prove that he could put out a Guns record without the rest of the classic lineup.  Whether he succeeded in creating a Guns record on his own or not, is up to debate but what's not up to debate is that he did put out his version of a Guns record....and that's over with now.  No way he wants to go through that same, antagonizing process again....who would want to?  The pressure is no longer on just him now....so a new record wouldn't be nearly as difficult to put out now.....not in Axl's mind, anyway.

I think they've all learned that the best material they've created has been when they all collaborated on material....Axl himself has said the best songs were the songs in which they ALL collaborated together on.  I think that Slash and Duff would agree....they've now seen first hand the reaction the classic songs and even the Illusion songs get now, over 25 years after they were released.  They know that they can put out the best music working together.  None of their side projects (including VR) generated anywhere near the success of what they did while they were together.

So in my opinion, it's up to whether they want to do it or not....once they agree to do it, it won't take long, trust me.

But what does it mean for Axl to "work together" exactly? it seems like he's saying the next Guns album is still his baby! only now, he already did the work with other line ups. Why start over, just cause Slash and Duff are back in Guns? CD ll is still a go going by everything Axl said, can you understand that?

The most freedom I can see Slash and Duff getting in a Guns album (CD ll and potentially other stuff in the vault) is MAYBE  a few songs of their own. And even those are subject to change until Axl likes all of it.

Slash getting to play a lot of solos that were not edited and Duff bass lines on most or all the songs will be artistic freedom or could be in Axl's mind.

What you're talking about is so far removed from what I think will go down in reality with Axl if at all. "Working together" is basically finishing off CD ll. This is where things stand right now and frankly, there is no faster way of getting another good Guns album. Axl is attached to his songs and if anything is released under the Guns name, it's gonna be centered around his vision which takes years to create. They're there to help him continue that it seems with adding their own style to it mostly. I could think of worse scenarios, this is not a bad place to be for them or for us. But the fundamentals of what it is and how it's gonna be worked on and released are the same. This is not old Guns, it's still Axl's show. The process is gonna reflect that and the music itself as well.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

But what does it mean for Axl to work together exactly? it seems like he's saying the next Guns album is still his baby! only now, he already did the work with other line ups. Why start over, just cause Slash and Duff are back in Guns? CD ll is still a go going by everything Axl said, can you comprehend that?

The most freedom I can see Slash and Duff getting in a Guns album (CD ll and potentially other stuff in the vault) is MAYBE  a few songs of their own. And even those are subject to change until Axl likes all of it.

Slash getting to play a lot of solos that were not edited and Duff bass lines on most or all the songs will be artistic freedom or could be.

What you're talking about is so far removed from what I think will go down in reality with Axl if at all.

If Axl had a completed album that he thought was good enough to release as a Guns record, he should have released it already.  Why hold it back?  What else does he have to prove or in reality, what's he scared of?

The reality is that yes, Axl has tons of music.  But obviously he feels that some of it can be worked on and he's already said he'd like Slash to collaborate on it.... if Slash wants to do it.  Axl isn't an idiot.  He knows that a lot of what he's done, would be even better if Slash (and Duff now) collaborate with him on it.....and he certainly knows that's exactly what the fans want....who in the end, will be the ultimate judges of whether it will be accepted as a great Guns record or not. 

So there is not a single doubt in my mind that a new Guns record would feature Slash (and probably Duff) on most, if not all, of the songs.  Who wrote what part, when, is irrelevant imo.  They will all bring certain things to the table....whether it's Slash bringing riffs and solos to 8 or 9 songs that Axl had already penned or Axl putting vocal tracks down to 5 or 6 songs Slash had already laid the riffs to is completely irrelevant.  If they come out with something, it sure as hell won't be CDII....it's going to be a Guns N' Roses record.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

If Axl had a completed album that he thought was good enough to release as a Guns record, he should have released it already.  Why hold it back?  What else does he have to prove or in reality, what's he scared of?

The reality is that yes, Axl has tons of music.  But obviously he feels that some of it can be worked on and he's already said he'd like Slash to collaborate on it.... if Slash wants to do it.  Axl isn't an idiot.  He knows that a lot of what he's done, would be even better if Slash (and Duff now) collaborate with him on it.....and he certainly knows that's exactly what the fans want....who in the end, will be the ultimate judges of whether it will be accepted as a great Guns record or not. 

So there is not a single doubt in my mind that a new Guns record would feature Slash (and probably Duff) on most, if not all, of the songs.  Who wrote what part, when, is irrelevant imo.  They will all bring certain things to the table....whether it's Slash bringing riffs and solos to 8 or 9 songs that Axl had already penned and Axl putting vocal tracks down to 5 or 6 songs Slash had already laid the riffs to is completely irrelevant.  If they come out with something, it sure as hell won't be CDII....it's going to be a Guns N' Roses record.

9 songs that Axl already penned and recorded for CD ll. You need to accept it's likely Axl finished CD ll, those tunes in particular, the second half of Chinese, cause he believed that was good enough.

He is not the type of musician that can just say fuck that. November Rain comes to mind. Don't Cry as well.

You see... I think it's very possible Slash and Duff will each write a song or 2 that will end up on the album, but their main contribution I think for the next one will be solos and bass lines which makes it much more Gn'R sounding obviously.

But it's going to be CD ll and/or the stuff in the vault cause that's already finished or at least Axl has the basic ideas of what he likes already. You don't go searching new ideas and reset everything just cause old members came back if you think you're sitting on something great.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

9 songs that Axl already penned and recorded for CD ll. You need to accept it's likely Axl finished CD ll, those tunes in particular, the second half of Chinese, cause he believed that was good enough.

He is not the type of musician that can just say fuck that. November Rain comes to mind. Don't Cry as well.

You see... I think it's very possible Slash and Duff will each write a song or 2 that will end up on the album, but their main contribution I think for the next one will be solos and bass lines which makes it much more Gn'R sounding obviously.

But it's going to be CD ll and/or the stuff in the vault cause that's already finished or at least Axl has the basic ideas of what he likes already. You don't go search new ideas and reset everything just cause old members came back if you think you're sitting on something great.

Yeah, but the thing is...it wouldn't be CDII.  Even if they did 15 songs that were all initially written by Axl during the CD era, they'd sound completely different the moment Slash got a hold of them...and yes, for the better.  And essentially would be similar but different/unique songs. 

Slash would create riffs for them, he'd  create solos for them.  Duff would create baselines for them, etc. etc. etc. There certainly wouldn't be a need to have 12 layers in each song like we hear in CD.  There wouldn't be a need to have a million synths, fake beats, etc.  Maybe a few songs would sound similar to what they would have sounded like had he released them on his own but the majority would sound 10x better.....and Axl knows that.  A song isn't a song until all the riffs, solos, baselines, drum tracks, etc are done. 

And I think it's irrelevant who wrote what, when.  Axl probably helped write the majority their entire catalogue during the AFD/Illusions era....but he certainly didn't write it all himself.  It's called collaboration.  How many songs in the GN'R catalogue is Axl Rose the sole person on the writing credits?

Axl has always been loyal so a possible new album will probably have bits and pieces of most people who were in the band and recorded stuff in the last years/decades. Just like with Chinese Democracy was the case. I can imagine Axl having Slash and Duff on a song or two, also for marketing reasons, but that's about it. An album with Slash and Duff full time on board will happen after CD 2 if they will keep the peace. But will that ever happen? Let's first see if CD 2 will ever see the light of day in this lifetime.

Edited by EvanG

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Axl has always been loyal so a possible new album will probably have bits and pieces of most people who were in the band and recorded stuff in the last years/decades. Just like with Chinese Democracy. I can imagine Axl having Slash and Duff on a song or two, also for marketing reasons, but that's about it. An album with Slash and Duff full time on board will happen after CD 2 if they will keep the peace. But will that ever happen? Let's first see if CD 2 will ever see the light of day in this lifetime.

If Axl felt that way, he wouldn't of let Slash and Duff (almost) completely change Better and he sure as heck wouldn't of liked what Slash did with the TIL solo.....and he's been on record saying that he's really pleased that Slash and Duff took it upon themselves to learn the songs and make the songs their own.

The only way Axl would release a new Guns record without Slash and Duff is if Slash and Duff don't want to record new music with GN'R. That's the only way that's happening at this point and all signs seem to point to that most likely not being the case.

Edited by Kasanova King