New album this year rumour

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

DJ said (lol) Axl is always writing, which kinda makes sense? like I don't think he ever stopped, maybe with lawsuits and such or when he's fuckin' a model.

Beavan said part of the problem with CD was Axl just kept creating. That's the problem with unlimited studio time. But in the end Tommy said it came down to basically the same songs. Maybe they were the stadium rocking songs. 

Stuff like Oh my god and Silkworms didn't make it. Seem less GNR than CD songs. 

So I see CD II as like Axl said more aggressive, darker. A little less commercial than CD, if that's possible. 

Ron said there was a lot of stuff that sounded like Scraped, so later Bucket material. Not just him adding a solo like ITW but his material. So maybe that goes out the window. 

So maybe Axl has 2 or 3 songs like Atlas, Berlin and Soul Monster (aka Leave Me Alone) that he still wants to put out. 

Maybe it will just turn up on a GH 2 with Slash solo. 

1 hour ago, jellyzero said:

Albums drop on Fridays now. 

TGI Friday's exclusive. Free Jack Daniels Ribs with every Spotify play. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wasted said:

Beavan said part of the problem with CD was Axl just kept creating. That's the problem with unlimited studio time. But in the end Tommy said it came down to basically the same songs. Maybe they were the stadium rocking songs. 

Stuff like Oh my god and Silkworms didn't make it. Seem less GNR than CD songs. 

So I see CD II as like Axl said more aggressive, darker. A little less commercial than CD, if that's possible. 

Ron said there was a lot of stuff that sounded like Scraped, so later Bucket material. Not just him adding a solo like ITW but his material. So maybe that goes out the window. 

So maybe Axl has 2 or 3 songs like Atlas, Berlin and Soul Monster (aka Leave Me Alone) that he still wants to put out. 

Maybe it will just turn up on a GH 2 with Slash solo. 

TGI Friday's exclusive. Free Jack Daniels Ribs with every Spotify play. 

I think every CD ll tune Axl talked about in 2009 in the chats is still a contender. I don't think there's a shortage of epics, or Paul Huge and Robin ideas.

I think a lot of tunes like Scraped is an interesting tidbit from Bumble. To me that means more aggressive instrumentally. That riff is rocking, it's just the production is not in your face, it makes it sound different.

But let's say Bucket tunes are mostly out, that can give Slash and Duff more room to add a couple of tunes. What could replace the less Gn'R sounding material is not just totally new Slash tunes or whatever, If Slash rerecords a Bucket riff in a Bucket tune and the solo as well, it can sound more Gn'R, we'll never know.

The way you move around all the pieces and create an album with all of these ideas that come from like 6 guitar players and piece it together could eventually sound cohesive. He basically did that already when Robin left and Bucket joined and Robin came back. Then added Bumble and Frank on the same song with Brain that played Josh's drum parts. Axl is good at making musical sense. He knows how to assemble albums, even if it's a slow process. It will sound right eventually, Slash is like the Guns sauce as well as Duff. Axl knows how to cook up something with it.

But I don't think a CD ll tune will end up on a GH2.

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think every CD ll tune Axl talked about in 2009 in the chats is still a contender. I don't think there's a shortage of epics, or Paul Huge and Robin ideas.

I think a lot of tunes like Scraped is an interesting tidbit from Bumble. To me that means more aggressive instrumentally. That riff is rocking, it's just the production is not in your face, it makes it sound different.

But let's say Bucket tunes are mostly out, that can give Slash and Duff more room to add a couple of tunes. What could replace the less Gn'R sounding material is not just totally new Slash tunes or whatever, If Slash rerecords a Bucket riff in a Bucket tune and the solo as well, it can sound more Gn'R, we'll never know.

The way you move around all the pieces and create an album with all of these ideas that come from like 6 guitar players and piece it together could eventually sound cohesive. He basically did that already when Robin left and Bucket joined and Robin came back. Then added Bumble and Frank on the same song with Brain that played Josh's drum parts. Axl is good at making musical sense. He knows how to assemble albums, even if it's a slow process. It will sound right eventually, Slash is like the Guns sauce as well as Duff. Axl knows how to cook up something with it.

But I don't think a CD ll tune will end up on a GH2.

So for most part we are looking at Slash re-recording, adding parts, doing solos. That's why he will go back to Conspirators. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wasted said:

So for most part we are looking at Slash re-recording, adding parts, doing solos. That's why he will go back to Conspirators. 

I hope we're not jumping to conclusions here, cause we never do that. But if I'm honest, I just ask myself why the fuck. I'm a huge Slash fan, so it's not conspiracy hate, I just don't understand.

I just don't get why, why after they're done touring, why would Axl just be so indifferent about it. What I mean is, if Slash has yet to record for Axl, why not right away when Slash has down time?

Did Slash even agree? does he want to record asap for Axl? is it like Angus and Axl where Axl has made it clear he wants to do an album? both Axl and Slash should make that obvious if there is true desire there to make it happen.

Is it like you said, and Axl isn't letting Slash fully in? it's amazing how much we don't know. I know Axl is still thinking about Slash's book. But on the other hand, they're having a good time together, it seems genuine, Axl is comfortable enough with Slash to be in awe of his playing and crack many jokes with him. They had dinner together, they're making big money. Like... what's the problem? going back to the conspirators means Axl's role is much too slow again.

But side projects are like the bread and butter of new Guns. It's how you deal with Axl. Perhaps that comes standard and everyone expected it and agreed to accept it cause Slash wants to play live mainly. He wants to be in Gn'R performing in stadiums and getting paid. Being a part of another Guns album is probably a nice bonus for him and would be ideal, but it's not a deal breaker cause that would be fuckin' stupid of him with whores trying to steal from him bags of gold.

So why put all your bags in one basket, when you have another avenue to create, free of problems and egos other than your own? it's just smart. Could mean nothing, but it doesn't look good why?

Cause it's a waste of time and momentum for Guns which should be fuckin' priority 1 at all times.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I hope we're not jumping to conclusions here, cause we never do that. But if I'm honest, I just ask myself why the fuck. I'm a huge Slash fan, so it's not conspiracy hate, I just don't understand.

I just don't get why, why after they're done touring, why would Axl just be so indifferent about it. What I mean is, if Slash has yet to record for Axl, why not right away when Slash has down time?

Did Slash even agree? does he wants to record asap for Axl? is it like Angus and Axl where Axl has made it clear he wants to do an album? both Axl and Slash should make that obvious if there is true desire there to make it happen.

Is it like you said, and Axl isn't letting Slash fully in? it's amazing how much we don't know. I know Axl is still thinking about Slash's book. But on the other hand, they're having a good time together, it seems genuine, Axl is comfortable enough with Slash to be in awe of his playing and crack many jokes with him. They had dinner together, they're making big money. Like... what's the problem? going back to the conspirators means Axl's roll is much too slow again.

But side projects is like the bread and butter of new Guns. It's how you deal with Axl. Perhaps that comes standard and everyone expected it and agreed to accept it cause Slash wants to play live mainly. He wants to be in Gn'R performing in stadiums and getting paid. Being a part of another Guns album is probably a nice bonus for him and would be ideal, but it's not a deal breaker cause that would be fuckin' stupid of him with whores trying to steal from him bags of gold.

So why put all your eggs in one basket, when you have another avenue to create, free of problems and egos other than your own? it's just smart. Could mean nothing, but it doesn't look good.

It's a waste of time and momentum.

It might be because Slash's role in Guns was always just playing Axl and Izzy's songs. Not completely but that is kind of the situation. Or as Slash said, Axl thinks a Guns record is his solo record. So when Slash goes back to Guns, that is still the situation. Axl wasn't like so hit me up with Snakepit 2 and let's record and release it before the tour. That's not the situation in Guns, and it never was. 

• Like 1

I would have rather gotten CD2 this year then see Axl go on tour for a couple more years, regardless of who is in the band. 

Axl/Slash and Duff have done hundreds of concerts together. Axl has released one album in the last 25 years. 

But i suppose it's all personal preference. Some people like bands that share their music and creative vision. Some people prefer touring bands that just play their classic songs. 

And if Axl has lost his creative drive and ability to create quality music - then maybe it is better that he has turned GnR into a pure nostalgic act. He is making tens of millions of dollars off this tour, so tit can't blame him for just chasing the money. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vic Sage said:

At this point a new Best Of with OMG and maybe some stuff from CD is the closest we will come to a new album.

Can a band put out two greatest hits albums with only one studio in between them? That seems a little extreme. 

Shouldn't a band put out 4-5 albums in between greatest hits or best of compilations?

OMG was already released and it sank. 

It just seems so weird to me that fans are so easy to accept the "greatest hits with two new songs" theory when that is actually the most lazy and least fan friendly thing they could do (except for not sharing any music at all).

Axl, The Beta and band members have continually talked about how much music Axl has stored in his musical vault. 

GnR released a GH album before CD came out. 

99.99% of GnR fans already own the bands hit songs. Do we really need to pay for another album with SCOM on it? I have that song on I think four different albums. I need it on a fifth?

Slash and Duff would bring songs to the table. Axl says he has a vault full of songs. The guys could write a couple songs together while touring. 

Greatest hits album with two new songs? Ludicrous. 

A new album by the current band? And Axl releasing the remix album and the remaining CD songs on iTunes for his fans? That's a band that cares about its fans and isn't just in the business to fill the bank account. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Apollo said:

Can a band put out two greatest hits albums with only one studio in between them? That seems a little extreme. 

Shouldn't a band put out 4-5 albums in between greatest hits or best of compilations?

OMG was already released and it sank. 

It just seems so weird to me that fans are so easy to accept the "greatest hits with two new songs" theory when that is actually the most lazy and least fan friendly thing they could do (except for not sharing any music at all).

Axl, The Beta and band members have continually talked about how much music Axl has stored in his musical vault. 

GnR released a GH album before CD came out. 

99.99% of GnR fans already own the bands hit songs. Do we really need to pay for another album with SCOM on it? I have that song on I think four different albums. I need it on a fifth?

Slash and Duff would bring songs to the table. Axl says he has a vault full of songs. The guys could write a couple songs together while touring. 

Greatest hits album with two new songs? Ludicrous. 

A new album by the current band? And Axl releasing the remix album and the remaining CD songs on iTunes for his fans? That's a band that cares about its fans and isn't just in the business to fill the bank account. 

I would love to see a new album but I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon and I liked OMG!

• Like 1

On 03/11/2016 at 2:34 PM, TheDemocracyRose said:

Can we put this "baby" to sleep?

My strong belief and fascination for new songs is the only thing that keep me posting here honestly.

Probably won't see them next summer, the show is kinda boring by now, complete Greatest Hits nostalgia. The setlist is no more different than the show I went in 2006 or 2010 or 2012, it's even worst. Two hundred bucks for Coma and Double Talkin Jive and Slash. Plus the smellycrowd goin' crazy for Sweet Child O' Mine? No thanks.

And plus, Axl's performances on this South American leg is not that good, he clearly doesn't want to rasp, he has nothing to prove to those brazilian fans. I've just seen a video of south american girls screaming at Adler "you're my god". Yep yep.

Don't want to see Axl sings Easy or Browstone and Live And Let Die and Heaven's Door, what's next New Rose, Wish You Wre Here, The fucking  Seeker?? Hell no man. I completely lost my interest on Appetite, Jungle might the only song that I can listen to. Probably Think About You too.

New songs or go home. I'm not a cheap whore.

• Like 1

On November 3, 2016 at 6:13 AM, wasted said:

I doubt they will dilute the release of the album with releasing material before which will just soak up the hype. It's a one shot deal. 

I wonder if Axl has started the writing process again. 

The current delay in new material has to be due to slash and duff

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

I would have rather gotten CD2 this year then see Axl go on tour for a couple more years, regardless of who is in the band. 

Axl/Slash and Duff have done hundreds of concerts together. Axl has released one album in the last 25 years. 

But i suppose it's all personal preference. Some people like bands that share their music and creative vision. Some people prefer touring bands that just play their classic songs. 

And if Axl has lost his creative drive and ability to create quality music - then maybe it is better that he has turned GnR into a pure nostalgic act. He is making tens of millions of dollars off this tour, so tit can't blame him for just chasing the money. 

Axl has a record finished for a while so obviously the hold up this time has to be duff and slash.

14 hours ago, Apollo said:

I don't think he lost his drive. He just stayed himself. Another Guns album is first for him, then for us. He probably wants it to be artistically something he won't regret putting out. It's an epic solo project again. The whole band is a solo project.

He's not going to do it for the fans. It's too important I think. I'm just going by what he said recently and in the past and his actions.

Why say he wants to put more Guns music and to keep it going for as long as he can if he lost his drive? why create more expectations if he doesn't at least still wants to do it? it doesn't make sense.

I believe Axl doesn't see not releasing music for years as something we should be compensated for. As far as he's concerned, no one is forcing us to wait for an album on a Gn'R forum for 12 years. His process is slow and he's not doing it on purpose, just the way he does things, but that doesn't mean he will never release more music. Only that it's possible he won't, but not because he doesn't want to, but because it's more likely he will fail to deliver it in a sensible timeframe or at all if he doesn't think the album is truly a great Guns album and has a chance of being successful (as possible)

His quality standard and waiting for a perfect timing could fuck shit up, but he worked with Pitman in 2015 to finish off material. Slash and Duff's return could have made Axl look at it differently. Like... now DJ, Bumble, and Tommy left so doesn't really make sense to release CD ll without first making it fit to the current line up and to reflect him as an artist now. And they didn't play together for 20 years, he's in working mode, making money, reestablishing their status as a band all over the world.

It looked like Axl promoted the release of Chinese with touring until 2014. I really don't think he's in a hurry, but everything he said in the China Exchange interview makes me feel like he would totally still LOVE IT if his Chinese vision would see it's full release eventually, and he won't mind if it would contain Slash's and Duff's Gn'R sauce.

The bad news it might get boring for old school fans just the touring cause it's gonna take years and 8 years since Chinese, I get that it fuckin' sucks but that's just Axl. Until Axl says he is done with releasing more music I would never give up on CD ll. Never! It's probably timeless like Chinese is. Worth it for me. (and probably for you as well)

If CD ll is released in 2021, you're still going to buy it bro. Axl wins. (or download but you know what I mean, you'd still listen to it)

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

My strong belief and fascination for new songs is the only thing that keep me posting here honestly.

Probably won't see them next summer, the show is kinda boring by now, complete Greatest Hits nostalgia. The setlist is no more different than the show I went in 2006 or 2010 or 2012, it's even worst. Two hundred bucks for Coma and Double Talkin Jive and Slash. Plus the smellycrowd goin' crazy for Sweet Child O' Mine? No thanks.

And plus, Axl's performances on this South American leg is not that good, he clearly doesn't want to rasp, he has nothing to prove to those brazilian fans. I've just seen a video of south american girls screaming at Adler "you're my god". Yep yep.

Don't want to see Axl sings Easy or Browstone and Live And Let Die and Heaven's Door, what's next New Rose, Wish You Wre Here, The fucking  Seeker?? Hell no man. I completely lost my interest on Appetite, Jungle might the only song that I can listen to. Probably Think About You too.

New songs or go home. I'm not a cheap whore.

Its funny that this is coming from an acdc fan. A band who is only playing their hits for years. Same setlist, same stage acting.

22 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Its funny that this is coming from an acdc fan. A band who is only playing their hits for years. Same setlist, same stage acting.

AC/DC released an album last year and they play two songs from it. Back to the drawing board with that one I'm afraid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Wow, two songs. If i remember correctly gnr play a couple more from their latest. And yes, it was released years ago. 

2008? You are really stretching the credibility of what constitutes a 'new album' here!!

At the end of the day, DC play two new songs per show from one brand new album. Guns play no new songs per show from no new album.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

2008? You are really stretching the credibility of what constitutes a 'new album' here!!

At the end of the day, DC play two new songs per show from one brand new album. Guns play no new songs per show from no new album.

But he said from their latest album which was Chinese. Before another Guns album is released, if at all, I can see how Axl won't even play new unreleased tunes like he did way back in the end of 2000. Or release a tune for a soundtrack like Oh My God.

Most people don't give a fuck anyway and are happy to go see a show with Slash and Duff playing SCOM.

Just now, Rovim said:

But he said from their latest album which was Chinese. Before another Guns album is released, if at all, I can see how Axl won't even play new unreleased tunes like he did way back in the end of 2000. Or release a tune for a soundtrack like Oh My God.

Most people don't give a fuck anyway and are happy to go see a show with Slash and Duff playing SCOM.

The whole argument is rendered idiotic considering AC/DC fans could walk into a store last year and buy a brand new spanking album.