New album this year rumour

My workmate's uncle had a cigarette outside a bar the other night with a recently divorced LA business woman, who claimed that her ex-husband's dentist was close friends Axl's rabbit sausage supplier and he has it on good authority that Guns N Roses will be releasing a triple album of Acid Jazz and Neo Soul standards, all in the key of C#, on Christmas Eve.

Edited by SoundOfAGun
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

My workmate's uncle had a cigarette outside a bar the other night with a recently divorced LA business woman, who claimed that her ex-husband's dentist was close friends Axl's rabbit sausage supplier and he has it on good authority that Guns N Roses will be releasing a triple album of Acid Jazz and Neo Soul standards, all in the key of C#, on Christmas Eve.

Oh please let this be true! :rofl-lol:

27 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Hell I'd go on record to say that C# is probably one of the best notes out there. No ill go one further, it's my favourite note ever. I said it. So yeah, do that. 

Edited by Gunner55
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Heard the same thing. Can confirm. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Hell I'd go on record to say that C# is probably one of the best notes out there. No ill go one further, it's my favourite note ever. I said it. So yeah, do that. 

Always preferred an F# myself, but C# is also a fine note. Much more edgy than fucking C, the melodic cunt.

• Like 2

if there is a second greatest hits to be released before years end would it look something like this:

chinese democracy

welcome to the jungle

sweet child o mine

paradise city

you're crazy acoustic

hair of the dog

there was a time

November rain

this i love

better

street of dreams

catcher in the rye

estranged

prostitute

dead horse

blood in the water

Edited by Night Drive Lonelinessl

44 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

if there is a second greatest hits to be released before years end would it look something like this:

chinese democracy

welcome to the jungle

sweet child o mine

paradise city

you're crazy acoustic

hair of the dog

there was a time

November rain

this i love

better

street of dreams

catcher in the rye

estranged

prostitute

dead horse

blood in the water

I think it might have Coma, Double talkin jive, Attitude/New Rose, Chi dem, Better, This I Love, Estranged. 

Hopefully the single would a new song from current reunion line up. 

But these days you can make a playlist with those songs. So maybe just the new song with a youtube video or movie tie in. 

But now there's no excuse not to do an album. Slash is back, it will sell as the reunion record. Axl has 3 albums worth of material. At least one song must fit the bill. Or Slash and Duff can knock something out like they always. 

Only reasons are Axl's creative protest and maybe some notion of not blowing the hype on one song. Do it properly with a full realized album. There's not much money in it so they would want to be happy with it. 

But I guess as they travel round the world and see the fans going crazy they know they have time. So why rush it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Paging Brett Buchanan.

4 hours ago, wasted said:

I think it might have Coma, Double talkin jive, Attitude/New Rose, Chi dem, Better, This I Love, Estranged. 

But these days you can make a playlist with those songs. So maybe just the new song with a youtube video or movie tie in. 

But now there's no excuse not to do an album. Slash is back, it will sell as the reunion record. Axl has 3 albums worth of material. At least one song must fit the bill. Or Slash and Duff can knock something out like they always. 

Only reasons are Axl's creative protest and maybe some notion of not blowing the hype on one song. Do it properly with a full realized album. There's not much money in it so they would want to be happy with it. 

But I guess as they travel round the world and see the fans going crazy they know they have time. So why rush it.

i think guns n roses greatest hits 2 gonna have many chinese democracy songs it. as for something new on it might have an unreleased chinese democracy song with slash, duff and maybe melissa too added onto it

3 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

i think guns n roses greatest hits 2 gonna have many chinese democracy songs it. as for something new on it might have an unreleased chinese democracy song with slash, duff and maybe melissa too added onto it

Why? Why would there be a GH2? GH already has all their hits except for Estranged (which is dumb). To fit all the hits it would have to be almost the same release! I can see a Best Of happening with all these deep cuts, and since they dont have a best of yet. But a GH2? There is just no reason to release that

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

7 hours ago, wasted said:

It will kinda be a bummer when Axl is 60 or more and still does WTTJ with all the moves and probably snake dancing from the throne.

My wildest dream is of course a mostly new material proper Guns album with rasp and all the bells and whistles that is not cock rock, and then in 10 years release the trilogy or a double album plus the remix with no changes as the Chinese Era box set with Axl and Robin interviews talking about the whole recording process.

I wonder if Axl, Slash, and Duff can even write and record a totally new Guns album without taking a decade to finish it if Axl only wants to write melodies and lyrics first.

But yeah, first make the most money you can, pull on nostalgia strings, and then take the time to deliver a final release at least. One album that will cap the legacy properly. I wish they've made Izzy a partner and made it better. Icing on the cake is using Steven in the studio for the Hard Rock tunes. Or some of them at least. Like Brain and Frank for Chinese.

Edited by Rovim

If they aren't doing a new album a Best of that draws attention lesser known songs they don't do that much live anymore might be cool.  

the Secret History of GNR:

Reckless Life

Move to the City

Think About You

Anything Goes

You're Crazy 

You Ain't the First

Bad Obsession

Breakdown

Pretty Tied Up

Ain't it Fun

Down on the Farm

IRS

If the World

it's almost a new album of songs to play live

If there's a release this year, I'm hoping for a live DVD.

I don't think they'll release one of the big, full setlist shows now mid-tour, but the Troubadour gig would be sweet.

EDIT: Of course I'm hoping for new music, but I meant to say it realistically would be some live release.

Edited by Spirit

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

there isn't time for a reunion record. it's the end of November. another greatest hits with key choice cuts from the chinese democracy cd is more realistic for December.

Why? Why would there be a GH2? GH already has all their hits except for Estranged (which is dumb). To fit all the hits it would have to be almost the same release! I can see a Best Of happening with all these deep cuts, and since they dont have a best of yet. But a GH2? There is just no reason to release that

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

there isn't time for a reunion record. it's the end of November. another greatest hits with key choice cuts from the chinese democracy cd is more realistic for December.

The only reason for recompany to not put out a Best of for Xmas is to put out a new record next year. 

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I seriously doubt any kind of new release, be it a Best Of album or dvd or whatever, can come out by the end of the year. We woulda known by now, no?

Most likely.

But some artists have recently started releasing stuff with very short notice. Some announcing just days before the release.

i really doubt they'd release another greatest hits, they were all trying to stop the label releasing the first one. 

Slash and duff seem to be very productive, hopefully they can get Axl on board to record.

whatever they do, it won't be done half assed. It'll be huge, marketed properly, probably videos too.