New album this year rumour

what should be released next:

1. greatest hits 2 with many chinese democracy songs and a new chinese democracy song

2. chinese democracy 2

3. chinese democracy 3

4. chinese democracy remix cd

5. proper going down mp3 

6. re-release of chinese democracy with corrected booklet lyrics, bonus tracks

7. re-release of chinese democracy with all alternate covers and alternate artwork

2 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

1. greatest hits 2 with many chinese democracy songs and a new chinese democracy song

2. chinese democracy 2

3. chinese democracy 3

5. proper going down mp3 

7. re-release of chinese democracy with all alternate covers and alternate artwork

Let's get a Guns N' Roses record first and then Axl can release all his solo music ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

2. chinese democracy 2

3. chinese democracy 3

5. proper going down mp3 

On 29.11.2016 at 8:25 PM, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

a reason to release a second greatest hits is popular guns songs like better, this i love, catcher in the rye, street of dreams, there as a time, chinese democracy, and prostitute which didn't make the first greatest hits

H.O.L.Y.  F.U.C.K.

I have nothing more to say.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::awesomeface:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

this is guns n roses music and guns n roses records

Legally? Yes. Anyone cares about that?

The band was (supposedly) always GNR, yet somehow this year they're doing a million times better than the previous 15. Goes to show what people considers GNR and what people cares about.

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

H.O.L.Y.  F.U.C.K.

I have nothing more to say.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::awesomeface:

Neither of those songs was a hit but well, that's just a detail, right?

For the record, I love some (most) of those songs but they obviously don't belong to a greatest hits. Not even to a "moderate hits" record if there was one.

If Axl really has 3 cds of finished material he could put it out if Slash goes back to do a solo record. 

But at CE Axl was saying he has been showing Slash material and talking about writing new stuff from lyrics n melodies. So I think Slash and Duff will be involved and even new material written. 

• Like 1

Just now, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the lineup is hybrid. 3 of its hybrid members recorded and released the best guns record chinese democracy. compared to it slash and duff haven't recorded or released anything. the next release will be cd 2 with slash and duff on it maybe as add ons. and that's a big if

"slash and duff havent recorded or released anything"? How about the 1987 album that went 30x platinum and is hailed as one of the best rock albums ever? AND is VASTLY more popular than Chinese Democracy? The fact I even have to mention CD in the same sentence as that legendary behemoth of an album makes me laugh. Let that sink in. AFD is not just the best record of Guns. It is one of the best records of ANY rock band.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

10 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the lineup is hybrid. 3 of its hybrid members recorded and released the best guns record chinese democracy. compared to it slash and duff haven't recorded or released anything. the next release will be cd 2 with slash and duff on it maybe as add ons. and that's a big if

image.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

This is absolutely tremendous.

2 hours ago, wasted said:

If Axl really has 3 cds of finished material he could put it out if Slash goes back to do a solo record. 

But at CE Axl was saying he has been showing Slash material and talking about writing new stuff from lyrics n melodies. So I think Slash and Duff will be involved and even new material written. 

I think it would be great if Axl could re work 3-4 of those songs with Slash and Duff for a GNR album and release the rest as solo albums.

We would get to hear a GNR album and also all the stuff Axl worked on for the past 15 years. And he would be releasing a lot of music in a short period of time, making up for all the years full of nothingness.

I'm sure he won't do it but I think it'd be great.

that's 1987. what's slash and duff release in 2016? guns n roses released their greatest record in 2008 called chinese democracy. 3 hybrid members part of the recording and release. fortus and dizzy major parts to chinese democracy. slash and duff just a couple of ordinary joes playing chinese democracy songs live and getting paid a shitload of money to do it. chinese democracy isn't ordinary or a cashgrab. chinese democracy is progressive and passion.

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think it would be great if Axl could re work 3-4 of those songs with Slash and Duff for a GNR album and release the rest as solo albums.

We would get to hear a GNR album and also all the stuff Axl worked on for the past 15 years. And he would be releasing a lot of music in a short period of time, making up for all the years full of nothingness.

I'm sure he won't do it but I think it'd be great.

I would like to hear what Axl has been working on, but the feeling doesnt escape me Ill listen to it once and be disappointed and then go back to the classic material. I mean what do you expect from that vault material, great hard rocking guns tunes everyone wants to hear like Pretty Tied Up or Nightrain? I certainly dont after what CD ended up sounding like.

The chances are high the vault material is just more of the same with some more oh my god style electro rock thrown in. I hope Slash and Duff listen to it all and just pick the most promising ideas and work on them. I do actually like the country vibe of Going Down though. Pretty good song for what it is, just no comparison to what came before it.

Just now, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

that's 1987. what's slash and duff release in 2016? guns n roses released their greatest record in 2008 called chinese democracy. 3 hybrid members part of the recording and release. fortus and dizzy major parts to chinese democracy. slash and duff just a couple of ordinary joes playing chinese democracy songs live and getting paid a shitload of money to do it. chinese democracy isn't ordinary or a cashgrab. chinese democracy is progressive and passion.

Do you realize what you are saying? You are saying Chinese Democracy is better than Appetite For Destruction. Do you understand why you get laughed at?

IF ANYTHING! A desperate hunger and fire and passion was during the AFD years. Passion is the last thing to describe CD with, the years-long production led to the labored sound and stripped all of the soul out the songs.

2 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

Alright, time to stop the nonsense, man. Fortus didn't write shit for Chinese Democracy. He's been playing other people's songs for 15 years while Slash was writing music.

It doesn't take a big effort to realize they're playing 3-4 CD songs on the shows and countless classics from the Slash-Duff era (AKA real GNR) and it's quite clear people is going to the shows to see these guys play those classics and not the CD stuff, otherwise Axl would have been filling these stadiums by himself.

Chinese Democracy is the greatest Guns album? Based on what? It may be your favorite and that's great, I respect that, but the greatest? Fan's acceptance, sales, amount of songs being part of the setlist say otherwise.

Please, don't call Slash ordinary, you're making a fool of yourself. I'm sorry if you miss the Vegas residencies but Slash came back to make GNR great again and he succeeded. He made a massive difference for GNR, they're one of the greatest bands in the world again.

35 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I would like to hear what Axl has been working on, but the feeling doesnt escape me Ill listen to it once and be disappointed and then go back to the classic material. I mean what do you expect from that vault material, great hard rocking guns tunes everyone wants to hear like Pretty Tied Up or Nightrain? I certainly dont after what CD ended up sounding like. The chances are high the vault material is just more of the same with some more oh my god electeo rock thrown in. I hope Slash and Duff listen to it all and just pick the most promising ideas and work on them.

I definitely don't expect Axl to have another album of the quality of Appetite on his vault but it doesn't matter to me. As long as he has some great songs, then I wanna hear what he's got (but not under the GNR name). I can't imagine Axl coming up with 14 shitty songs, so I want him to release all the stuff he wrote because I'm sure there are lots of songs that I'm going to love.

Of course I'm way more interested in hearing new material written by the 3 GNR guys together, though. And if it was the original 5 with Steven and Izzy, that would be way better, a dream come true.

53 minutes ago, wasted said:

I look at it like a UYI situation. There's some left over songs from CD, then new stuff from Slash, then there's some Axl ballads. There will be deep Axl lyrics he's laboured over, but for a Slash rocker he might just rant about his nextdoor neighbour. There could a cover like the Seeker or something. 

I could imagine it like UYI. 

1. RNDTH - A new Slash rocker not unlike Sucker Train Blues with Axl ranting about the weather. 

2. Dust n Bones - No Izzy. But it's a Slash/Fortus/Axl from the vault. 

3. Live n let Die - I'm going with the Seeker

4. Don't Cry - new Slash/Axl Fall to Pieces type ballad. 

5. Perfect Crime - The General fits the bill. Heaviest metal song Axl has done with high screaming vocals. 

6. You ain't the First - maybe use an Izzy song from the vault. Down by the Ocean. 

7. Bad Obsession. New Slash/Axl rock n roll song like WOF with Axl on vocals. 

8. Back off Bitch/Double Talkin Jive - Izzy not around but Duff can write a song. Slash and Duff revamping Goin' Down?

9. November rain - Atlas Shrugged. Glam rock nov rain etc. new Slash solo. 

10. The Garden - Axl/Tobias/Dizzy Reed song from CD era. 

11. Garden of Eden - Berlin aka Oklahoma. 

12. Don't Damn Me - new Slash/Axl rocker. 

13. Bad Apples/Dead Horse- Soul Monster

14. Coma - Slash material like The Unholy/By the Sword with Axl lyrics. 

Doesn't seem impossible. 

The only tiny detail I would change is instead of 14 tunes, make it a trilogy released on the same day. And add Slash and Duff on the remixed Chinese before that. It could be a nice practice run like the 1999 line up rerecorded Appetite. Just to get the feel of it, and then get to work on the trilogy.

Good list though, seems doable.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I look at it like a UYI situation. There's some left over songs from CD, then new stuff from Slash, then there's some Axl ballads. There will be deep Axl lyrics he's laboured over, but for a Slash rocker he might just rant about his nextdoor neighbour. There could a cover like the Seeker or something. 

I could imagine it like UYI. 

1. RNDTH - A new Slash rocker not unlike Sucker Train Blues with Axl ranting about the weather. 

2. Dust n Bones - No Izzy. But it's a Slash/Fortus/Axl from the vault. 

3. Live n let Die - I'm going with the Seeker

4. Don't Cry - new Slash/Axl Fall to Pieces type ballad. 

5. Perfect Crime - The General fits the bill. Heaviest metal song Axl has done with high screaming vocals. 

6. You ain't the First - maybe use an Izzy song from the vault. Down by the Ocean. 

7. Bad Obsession. New Slash/Axl rock n roll song like WOF with Axl on vocals. 

8. Back off Bitch/Double Talkin Jive - Izzy not around but Duff can write a song. Slash and Duff revamping Goin' Down?

9. November rain - Atlas Shrugged. Glam rock nov rain etc. new Slash solo. 

10. The Garden - Axl/Tobias/Dizzy Reed song from CD era. 

11. Garden of Eden - Berlin aka Oklahoma. 

12. Don't Damn Me - new Slash/Axl rocker. 

13. Bad Apples/Dead Horse- Soul Monster

14. Coma - Slash material like The Unholy/By the Sword with Axl lyrics. 

Doesn't seem impossible. 

I'd enjoy the shit out of this!

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He was talking about the name. Legally Guns N Roses released CD. But in spirit? Hell no that band was an abomination

My point is legally there are two different bands named Guns N Roses. Axl quitted real Guns, started a new band and called them Guns N Roses. These are legally two different bands.