New album this year rumour

6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

My point is legally there are two different bands named Guns N Roses. Axl quitted real Guns, started a new band and called them Guns N Roses. These are legally two different bands.

Point still stands? He was talking about the name. The name Guns N Roses released Chinese Democracy. It wasnt the old band Guns N Roses, but it was "Guns N Roses" nontheless. And that was the point.

11 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

how is this hybrid lineup doing better? what have they recorded? what have they released? at least 3 members of the hybrid lineup recorded and released the best guns record chinese democracy. what have slash and duff done? oh yeah they've been performing chinese democracy songs and THERE WAS A TIME . . .  

You don't happen to be South American, do you?

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

The only tiny detail I would change is instead of 14 tunes, make it a trilogy released on the same day. And add Slash and Duff on the remixed Chinese before that. It could be a nice practice run like the 1999 line up rerecorded Appetite. Just to get the feel of it, and then get to work on the trilogy.

Good list though, seems doable.

Well if Axl does have 3 albums worth of material. Then Slash and Duff write an album of material. Wack it all together and put it all out as a Triple CD. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wasted said:

Well if Axl does have 3 albums worth of material. Then Slash and Duff write an album of material. Wack it all together and put it all out as a Triple CD. 

If Slash and Duff are capable of coming up together with an album of material, play it for Axl and he mostly likes it, or some ideas like Snakepit right away, and connect all the dots between the trilogy and Slash's and Duff's 12 songs, it could be very interesting.

But it's probably more like Slash can write great hard rock riffs and epic solos, also chord progressions and come up with leads and a few fills, or he's really inspired and writes 2 or 3 killer tunes with Axl's input like By The Sword, Fall To Pieces, and Suckertrain Blues, Maybe even a mean blues riff like Snakepit Axl can do something with or Slash's old idea.

Plus sometimes lyrics by one person and music by another could be a perfect fit. To write something like Civil war, just in approach is possible, as I believe Slash can come up with a Fall To Pieces quality idea Axl will just have to work on, and this time, Slash might even agree to share.

Edited by Rovim

14 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

chinese democracy is better than afd. it's painful axl only plays 3 chinese songs and 21 relics live. the entire chinese record should be performed every night. no exceptions. no excuses.

Haha, funny stuff :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

If Slash and Duff are capable of coming up together with an album of material, play it for Axl and he mostly likes it, or some ideas like Snakepit right away, and connect all the dots between the trilogy and Slash's and Duff's 12 songs, it could be very interesting.

But it's probably more like Slash can write great hard rock riffs and epic solos, also chord progressions and come up with leads and a few fills, or he's really inspired and writes 2 or 3 killer tunes with Axl's input like By The Sword, Fall To Pieces, and Suckertrain Blues, Maybe even a mean blues riff like Snakepit Axl can do something with or Slash's old idea.

Plus sometimes lyrics by one person and music by another could be a perfect fit. To write something like Civil war, just in approach is possible, as I believe Slash can come up with a Fall To Pieces quality idea Axl will just have to work on, and this time, Slash might even agree to share.

Seems like Axl doesn't want to just sing on Slash tracks. Which is why Slash might keep his solo stuff. But I think if Slash brought in stuff it would be like UYI again where Axl has write lyrics for these new songs. 

The other interesting thing is if Axl still wants to add to what GNR have done like he did after UYI. They went outside hard rock with CD. Will they double back to hard rock again. Axl acknowledged his cleaner vocals werent that popular but didn't say much about the styles. The different styles is something he really likes it seems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

chinese democracy is better than afd. it's painful axl only plays 3 chinese songs and 21 relics live. the entire chinese record should be performed every night. no exceptions. no excuses.

I wouldn't say it's better, AFD is most important record for GNR and what they are known for. But I could see how AFD just desn't work for someone anymore lyrically or they don't connect to the street lifestyle. 

I think the first 7 tracks on CD are as good as anything GNR have done. There's great songs on side 2 also like Sorry, IRS, TIL, Madagascar. AFD has My Michelle, Think about you, SCOM and RQ. So it's really close. 

I don't listen to any of the albums all the way through anymore anyway.

I just have a couple off each album I go back to. So they are all just songs now. 

On September 29, 2016 at 3:59 AM, EricA said:

Please Noooo:anger:

I dont think it will be a second GH album, what for...

I really guess it could be a LIVE album from the US/SA leg...with maybe one or two new tracks as bonus !

If it is, please let it be unedited. No more overdubbed "fake" live records.

4 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

...come on, man

Ok, lets play a game. Taking the popularity of every GNR song out of the equation; imagine a crowd of about 100,000 people singing along to every song on AFD. Now imagine that same crowd singing along to every song on CD.

A lot easier to imagine them singing along to the AFD songs, right? Catchier melodies, right?

5 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

How many people became fans of GNR because of CD. Exactly...

11 hours ago, Gibbo said:

This could of been posted 

Man all eddie gives a fuck about is money. Guess it's not too much of a surprise tho since he's a hardcore kiss fan.

also, did he really need to brag about being friends with all the members? How the fuck does that tie into the question that was asked?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Man all eddie gives a fuck about is money. Guess it's not too much of a surprise tho since he's a hardcore kiss fan.

also, did he really need to brag about being friends with all the members? How the fuck does that tie into the question that was asked?

He made valid points about the state of the music industry. There isn't much incentive for the legacy bands with strong catalogues to bother releasing new albums. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gibbo said:

This could of been posted 

I hate Trunk but I agree that talks on a new record are atleast a year away. 

However someone should tell Trunk that Axl has given two interviews so far and has mentioned new music being something they've talked about already and even having each other listen to what's already there. 

My thing is these guys don't waste nights partying anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the blueprint for a new album has been getting pieced together on the road as they just try to see what they can come up with. But again I doubt anything will seriously be in the works until the end of 2017