New album this year rumour

49 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

They only have 4 studio albums and 1 album covering other bands and 1 album with a few new songs,old songs acustic and covers....

They need to write at least 4 albums LOL

Counting Chinese, Axl probably already has with previous band members. (totally has an unreleased trilogy if you believe Fortus)

12 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

disappointing times. the rolling stones just release a new album and axl can't fit chinese democracy 2 in his busy holiday plans 

I don't think it's that simple. The Stones are not Guns or Axl. I guess every musician has his/her own standards. And not just quality.

My guess is for Axl, the big 4 conditions to make a release a reality:

1. quality is good enough

2. lyrics and music still relevant to him and reflect his vision and musical interests, a new statement with every Guns album released

3. Axl probably wants it to be accepted as a great album, but without too many compromises musically speaking (it seems he's willing to go raspy again)

4. big enough of a budget from the label for monumental promotion

Edited by Rovim

On 12/8/2016 at 3:35 AM, SoundOfAGun said:

They better not touch AFD on that way; it was mastered in the days when mastering wasn't about squeezing the life out of any dynamics present with limiting/compression to compete with today's "sausage wavs" that you hear on the radio. At best, the differences would be minimal, it only seems to be a worthwhile effort if the original source material receives some kind of digital clean up as part of a restorative process (normally records from the 60s/70s). AFD sounds great as it is. 

Alt mixes would be cool if they exist though. 

The version of Welcome to the Jungle on the Blu-Ray Audio sampler was actually more dynamic than the album version: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/94052

AFD is pretty much the only album boxset I'd pre-order if they did it right.

I picked up the Rolling Stone commemorative issues, and saw an interesting bit, albeit one people have probably seen before.  Axl commented in the early 90s that Izzy would be perfectly happy to just record a song to four-track and be done with it, but that's not what the fans expect.  Kind of explains a lot.

• Like 1

I say bullshit, the people are craving anything... Highly produced ten second samples have had this board in a tizzy for years waiting for the mighty axl genius to appear....

Izzy and a guitar on youtube was great.... We just want to hear something different from these guys once in a while... No one complained about the Izzy videos, cept axl nutswingers because it wasn't axl...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

I beg to differ. Lots of good tunes on Slash's solo albums. Anastasia, World on Fire, Ghost, By the Sword, and Doctor Alibi all good tracks.

Slash & WOF are good albums. AL has some good cuts.

lowkey i wouldn't want to be caught listening to CD :lol: 

ok...so I had lentghy off the record chat with a person close to the band who recently spend lots of time on and off stage - there won't EVER be another album!

Not my words, just sharing what I had been told.

Axl can't sing long term and he is aware of that. On and off stage it is managers sending messages, just like good old times.

Everyone is aware how bad Frank, Fortus and Melissa are but they are not in to be good, aim is to be as loud as possible to mask Axl's voice.

Nobody in the band has interaction with anyone within the band at this point.

Take it for what its worth, it is the way it stood last week...

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

Edited by shotsfired cro

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Everyone is aware how bad Frank, Fortus and Melissa are but they are not in to be good, aim is to be as loud as possible to mask Axl's voice.

That gotta be the most funny/ridiculous shit I've read in a long time, and there is lots of competition out there with people like SEPTEM and Night Drive Loneliness posting right now. Please tell us who this guy you talked to is, funny shit. Maybe get his number and talk to him a few times more to see how ridiculous the claims will get, or pure comedy gold will be slipping away from us.

2 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the fans crave chinese democracy 2 guns record and not a slash and duff guns record

The fans = you and 3 other guys... 

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

ok...so I had lentghy off the record chat with a person close to the band who recently spend lots of time on and off stage - there won't EVER be another album!

Axl can't sing long term and he is aware of that. On and off stage it is managers sending messages, just like good old times.

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

Are you saying there's no interaction between Slash and Duff for example? 'Cause that would be the biggest lie ever. Well, after "the fans crave chinese democracy 2 guns record and not a slash and duff guns record" of course. And Melissa is not bad, she's probably an unnecesary addition to this band but that doesn't make her bad and there's no way they are aware of "how bad she is". Same goes to Richard (needless to say, it'd be a million times better to have Izzy).

The idea of being loud to mask Axl's voice is completely absurd too. Not only he's been pretty amazing with GNR, he's also done an unbelievable job with AC/DC. If he couldn't sing anymore, he wouldn't have taken the risk of fronting AC/DC and if they want people to be too happy to complain about Axl's voice, they would have gotten the original band full time. Your source is nuts.

Also, why waste money hiring Matt Sorum when Steven is probably cheaper and definitely better? :shrugs:

• Like 1

Release the next record as originally intended, meant to be heavier than CD & maybe make it another double album or something or a triple album with three cd's. Definitely would love to hear something this year, hopefully build enough cash together to go see the guys next year. 

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

The fans = you and 3 other guys... 

Are you saying there's no interaction between Slash and Duff for example? 'Cause that would be the biggest lie ever. Well, after "the fans crave chinese democracy 2 guns record and not a slash and duff guns record" of course. And Melissa is not bad, she's probably an unnecesary addition to this band but that doesn't make her bad and there's no way they are aware of "how bad she is". Same goes to Richard (needless to say, it'd be a million times better to have Izzy).

The idea of being loud to mask Axl's voice is completely absurd too. Not only he's been pretty amazing with GNR, he's also done an unbelievable job with AC/DC. If he couldn't sing anymore, he wouldn't have taken the risk of fronting AC/DC and if they want people to be too happy to complain about Axl's voice, they would have gotten the original band full time. Your source is nuts.

Also, why waste money hiring Matt Sorum when Steven is probably cheaper and definitely better? :shrugs:

Dont bother, the entire thing doesnt make sense, he just got trolled. If it was really about "costs" they would have Steven drumming, and Axl wouldnt have auditioned for ACDC if he knew his voice needed "masking". The only thing that holds up is no one has any interaction at this point, because (duh) they got time off right now. So no wonder they wouldnt be in contact, they just had to endure each others company for like half a year straight. Next time theyll be in contact will be a week or 2 prior to the first show in 2017.

4 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

lol shut up.

• Like 3