New album this year rumour

18 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Holy fuck guys. This is the Chesney/ Atkins project. This song is Vehicular Blues. Go to My World. There's a whole thread in there containing posts from one of the dudes who wrote this...

Just checked it out. He says its appearing on a lot of GNR websites and if you don't think it sounds like GNR, its because they aren't GNR

4 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

as I said, make concerts as loud as possible in order to mask Ax's voice, read the entire post.

play as long as they can and make as much money touring as it lasts.

something Axl did for the past 15 years. that is why setlist's are standard and no deep cuts that would further restrain Ax's voice.

Duff apparently told this person 'I am here cause the contract says so and the terms were good'.

there you go.

Everyone in the camp is aware that Axl's voice is declaining as the tour progesses.

Lol,this Is now on track for post of the year.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ironmt said:

Lol,this Is now on track for post of the year.

You forgot some

On 1.12.2016 at 11:21 PM, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

chinese democracy is better than afd. it's painful axl only plays 3 chinese songs and 21 relics live. the entire chinese record should be performed every night. no exceptions. no excuses.

On 12.12.2016 at 11:34 PM, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the fans crave chinese democracy 2 guns record and not a slash and duff guns record

• Like 4

On 12/12/2016 at 11:09 PM, shotsfired cro said:

ok...so I had lentghy off the record chat with a person close to the band who recently spend lots of time on and off stage - there won't EVER be another album!

Not my words, just sharing what I had been told.

Axl can't sing long term and he is aware of that. On and off stage it is managers sending messages, just like good old times.

Everyone is aware how bad Frank, Fortus and Melissa are but they are not in to be good, aim is to be as loud as possible to mask Axl's voice.

Nobody in the band has interaction with anyone within the band at this point.

Take it for what its worth, it is the way it stood last week...

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

'why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more'

This makes no sense. I call bullsh*t here.

• Like 2

the stuff I wrote got so many quotes, answers, replies, I can't really be bothered to go through them and read all that crap.

just to let you know, I would be most happy would they get Stradlin/Sorum/Gilby and release 6 albums in the next 3 years.

The words I wrote, no matter how but hurt you guys feel, are true! 

I just like you here don't know the current situation in the band, but the guy I quoted is CLOSE to the band, he is a well known musician (Grammy award winner) and has been touring with them one way or another this year. The situation in the band is not Roses.

Everyone in the band is solely there for money. Furthermore, there is still no off stage contact between Axl and the rest, Slash and Duff and the rest. Even Slash and Duff have seperate changing rooms.

You can cry, brag whatever, that is the way the things stand.

• Like 1

On 13.12.2016. at 0:20 AM, Blackstar said:

In addition to what others said pointing out that this is all bullshit, the part in bold doesn't make sense as the reason for Fortus and Frank being in the band instead of Izzy and Sorum. You mean Axl gives directions to Fortus and Frank to play loud while he wouldn't be able to do that with Izzy and Sorum? And what about the songs Adler played on? He doesn't "mask his voice" there? It could make some sense only for Melissa, but then Axl had a second keyboardist during the whole NuGuns era and in periods when his voice was much more powerful. He also had three guitarists and now there are two. How is that "masking his voice"?

uhm!? actually NO! don't know how you managed to miss the point.

Frank and Fortus are cheaper than Izzy and Sorum. Playing loud, tempo changes and etc, cause Axl can't hit high notes anymore. Izzy wanted to do it the right way or - no way. Equal shares, new album,  unpredictable setlists, not just endless touring with 3,4 deep cuts and greatest hits.

I see alot of ppl down play that, go ask a pro musician to explain you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Frank and Fortus are cheaper than Izzy and Sorum. Playing loud, tempo changes and etc, cause Axl can't hit high notes anymore. Izzy wanted to do it the right way or - no way. Equal shares, new album,  unpredictable setlists, not just endless touring with 3,4 deep cuts and greatest hits.

I don't see how I missed the point since you repeat the same "information". So your "source" has spoken with Izzy too and knows in detail what Izzy wanted? :rofl-lol:

Even if you really have a source, I'm sure you've been told 2 things and you made up 20 out of it which you present as words of the "source"

Edited by Blackstar

15 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Sounds like a lot of bullshit.  I heard Axl in an interview saying he was working with a voice coach while on tour to keep from damaging his voice doing AC DC. I am not trying to argue with you, but it just not sounding logical.

20 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Axl can't hit the notes, so he calls Angus Young to sing for AC/DC... :rolleyes:

Of course none of it makes any sense, because it's all made up. Yet another person with "sources" and "facts" to share with us....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

the stuff I wrote got so many quotes, answers, replies, I can't really be bothered to go through them and read all that crap.

just to let you know, I would be most happy would they get Stradlin/Sorum/Gilby and release 6 albums in the next 3 years.

The words I wrote, no matter how but hurt you guys feel, are true! 

I just like you here don't know the current situation in the band, but the guy I quoted is CLOSE to the band, he is a well known musician (Grammy award winner) and has been touring with them one way or another this year. The situation in the band is not Roses.

Everyone in the band is solely there for money. Furthermore, there is still no off stage contact between Axl and the rest, Slash and Duff and the rest. Even Slash and Duff have seperate changing rooms.

You can cry, brag whatever, that is the way the things stand.

You got trolled by that guy. Read all the replies why none of it makes sense. No one is butthurt, people are actually laughing at you for believing all that.:lol: I hope for your own sake you dont believe any of it and are just "in it for fun", or some reason like that. I repeat what I said earlier, please get that guys number or contact him again somehow, or we will miss out on a lot of comedy gold. This has been so good already

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

On 12.12.2016 at 0:09 AM, shotsfired cro said:

ok...so I had lentghy off the record chat with a person close to the band who recently spend lots of time on and off stage - there won't EVER be another album!

Axl can't sing long term and he is aware of that. On and off stage it is managers sending messages, just like good old times.

Everyone is aware how bad Frank, Fortus and Melissa are but they are not in to be good, aim is to be as loud as possible to mask Axl's voice.

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

That is completely absurd. Have absolutely zero inside knowledge, but I think whoever talked to you, told you a bunch of BS. Axl`s voice is the best that he has had for years; have seen him with AC/DC, his voice was pretty much above everything (in that particular show, actually too strong). If it is strong enough to shout over 2 hours over AC/DC in hardest Bon Scott style, it definetely is strong enough for Guns. They hired Frank and Fortus to be as loud as possible??? People that have been in the band for I don`t know how many years? Also it is not really up to the musicians how loud they are in the mix....

Going back to the topic; I do not have high hopes for an album; with their (presumably) 3 year tour they earn so much money they never have to work again...But maybe they have some magic nights during those years where they sit together and try a few things and come up with something.

On 12/12/2016 at 6:09 PM, shotsfired cro said:

I thought the days of fake insiders left when the Chinese Democracy era ended, let's not be too obvious about it now... 

17 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

That method or "masking Axl's voice" only works if y'know it actually masks Axls voice lol.  I have seen GNR twice and assessing Axl's up front vocal mix where I was seated this theory is just complete bullshit.  And Axl hits many many high notes in GNR and AC/DC better than he has in years

No offense, but everything your "source" said is speculative BS and its painfully obvious

The one where he claims Axl cant hit high notes is hilarious too. Myles Kennedy who has a very high voice said the 2nd half of Rocket Queen is really hard to do live. Axl does it every show, the problem for me is he does it with the very clean powerless voice, but he has no problem hitting the right notes. Axl needs help with increasing MIDRANGE rasp on a couple songs, not the not hitting high notes.

Just completely bizzare claim and shows that guy you talked to knows jack. Just look at what he told you. The best solution to masking voices live is to turn them down in the mix. Not have Frank "make very loud boom" on his drums. Like who would even believe that:lol:?  @shotsfired cro? This is comical in the purest sense of the word