New album this year rumour

On 12/12/2016 at 6:09 PM, shotsfired cro said:

ok...so I had lentghy off the record chat with a person close to the band who recently spend lots of time on and off stage - there won't EVER be another album!

Not my words, just sharing what I had been told.

Axl can't sing long term and he is aware of that. On and off stage it is managers sending messages, just like good old times.

Everyone is aware how bad Frank, Fortus and Melissa are but they are not in to be good, aim is to be as loud as possible to mask Axl's voice.

Nobody in the band has interaction with anyone within the band at this point.

Take it for what its worth, it is the way it stood last week...

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

Lullll u R dum

• Like 2

What a huge crap.  That "insider" is that guys bff . and he es indeed inside.  Inside a GARBAGE DUMPSTER.

The nice thing here is that many of us went to several gnr shows the last 6 years, and we saw the man singing . ( many of u been there recently with gnr and axldc)

The funny thing is (one of many, many bs ) that "melissa and frank are there to mask axls voice.. So. Who exactly does that on axldc?? ( enormes great performances by Mr  rose)

Just dont pay atention to that kind of posts.  Youre givin too much relevance to an obvius "made up" kinda thing.

Lets move on

I'd be more than happy with even a mini EP. One reworked song from the vault (surely they've at least got one of those ready), then 3 live cuts from the past tour. I'd say Seeker (since it's never been released yet and I like it ?), live Jungle and one other. 

Even that little bit would tide us over, put a new song on the radio and crank up the hype machine again. It really wouldn't take much at all... effort wise or record company money wise. 

25 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

More extremely reliable sources....:blink:

Feel free to go through my posts..I told the forum, but whatever. Go ahead and hate away..I'm just repeating what I've heard. You're free to believe it, or not. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tippin said:

Feel free to go through my posts..I told the forum, but whatever. Go ahead and hate away..I'm just repeating what I've heard. You're free to believe it, or not. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Don't take offense man, lot of people have been coming on here of late with reliance "sources".  You have a good track record though, I realize.

• Like 1

There's just been a lot of this lately, reminds me of before Chinese Democracy came out. I hope something does come out and you are right. I used to be on another forum about 12 years ago and we constantly had people claiming this or that, so I tend to be skeptical. Merry Christmas to you too. :facepalm:

• Like 1

On 05/10/2016 at 1:34 PM, Rovim said:

No one takes into consideration Axl's limits. That's the driving force of why we don't have as many guns albums as we think we deserve. He has his process. Sure, Slash and Duff can influence him when it comes to confidence in material like Robin did for like one song. On a musical level, I think he knows what he wants when he hears it. No matter how positive it all is, I think it will take years but on the upside, I believe they want to make a final statement.

axls limits?

whatever limits that axl has got, he is the one that created them.

as far as anyone can tell, axl is a functional human being.

he is capable of writing songs.

more: he has two prolific songwriters right by his side (slash and duff)

even better than that: he can arrange to have one of the all-time best rock songwriters ever right by his side in a heartbeat (izzy)

so there is no visible limitations for axl to write songs -- other than limitations that he creates/created for himself

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Don't take offense man, lot of people have been coming on here of late with reliance "sources".  You have a good track record though, I realize.

All good brother. Been on here since '05..I get it..they were dark years, and everyone had to ruin it with their bullshit insider posts. I know how it works. Again, I'm a huge fan, I'd kill for an album, and am just passing along info. Just trying to help, and I was well aware I'd get flamed for it. Shit happens on the interweb. You guys take care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tippin said:

All good brother. Been on here since '05..I get it..they were dark years, and everyone had to ruin it with their bullshit insider posts. I know how it works. Again, I'm a huge fan, I'd kill for an album, and am just passing along info. Just trying to help, and I was well aware I'd get flamed for it. Shit happens on the interweb. You guys take care.

I believe you, but just asking: how long since he worked there? If it's been a while things could have changed..the reunion itself changed a lot.

11 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I believe you, but just asking: how long since he worked there? If it's been a while things could have changed..the reunion itself changed a lot.

He left in '08 or early '09..Can't remember which, but it was right around the time CD came out, and went to Sony. He's very well connected. Had lunch with him last week in LA, and that's when he told me. Good dude, and has no reason to lie. He said the whole thing is a cash grab for retirement. I wish I didn't have reason to believe him..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tippin said:

He left in '08 or early '09..Can't remember which, but it was right around the time CD came out, and went to Sony. He's very well connected. Had lunch with him last week in LA, and that's when he told me. Good dude, and has no reason to lie. He said the whole thing is a cash grab for retirement. I wish I didn't have reason to believe him..

OMG blasphemy! Your friend is such a hater. 

Just kidding:P

Edited by Jane M.

8 hours ago, tippin said:

Call me selfish, but I don't care if that's the case. I'll take your word for it, but the guys in the band seem to be getting along well enough. I'm just happy that if they are going to retire after this, I get to see Axl and Slash together live once in my life. That's all I care about. If even a couple new songs make their way out afterwards, hey nice little bonus. I personally  never expected a full album to come out of this. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2016 at 0:28 AM, shotsfired cro said:

the stuff I wrote got so many quotes, answers, replies, I can't really be bothered to go through them and read all that crap.

just to let you know, I would be most happy would they get Stradlin/Sorum/Gilby and release 6 albums in the next 3 years.

The words I wrote, no matter how but hurt you guys feel, are true! 

I just like you here don't know the current situation in the band, but the guy I quoted is CLOSE to the band, he is a well known musician (Grammy award winner) and has been touring with them one way or another this year. The situation in the band is not Roses.

Everyone in the band is solely there for money. Furthermore, there is still no off stage contact between Axl and the rest, Slash and Duff and the rest. Even Slash and Duff have seperate changing rooms.

You can cry, brag whatever, that is the way the things stand.

With all due respect, I tell you who the insiders are: Beta, Fernando, Vanessa and Del James. Maybe 20 years ago there were 100 insiders. Today the only insiders that matter are Axl's entourage.

I don't deny the possibility that this tour is just cash grab. I don't deny the possibility that they will never make an album. But I will never say that I'm 100 % sure of these things just because someone in a record company, some musician or some promoter is the one telling me. I will believe it the day either Axl or someone from his entourage tells me that this is just a retirement cash grab tour

• Like 3

Just now, Padme said:

With all due respect, I tell you who the insiders are: Beta, Fernando, Vanessa and Del James. Maybe 20 years ago there were 100 insiders. Today the only insiders that matter are Axl's entourage.

I don't deny the possibility that this tour is just cash grab. I don't deny the possibility that they will never make an album. But I will never say that I'm 100 % sure of these things just because someone in a record company, some musician or some promoter is the one telling me. I will believe it the day either Axl or someone from his entourage tells me that this is just a retirement cash grab tour

And not even then we can be sure of anything after the " not in this lifetime" story.