Will the fall of 2016 be a much needed adrenaline shot for rock?

Swedish

I was thinking about the albums that is getting released this fall and it seems like there are more big and medium sized rock acts releasing albums than normally and at least some of them will probably be really good.
These are some of the album released I was thinking about in order of their release date:

• Alter Bridge - The Last Hero (October 7th) 
  • Green Day - Revolution Radio (October 7th)
  • Bon Jovi - This House Is Not For Sale (October 14th) 
  • In Flames - Battles (November 11th)
  • Sixx AM - Prayers For The Blessed (November 22nd)
  • Metallica - Hardwired... To Self-Destruct (November 22nd)

Bands such as Falling In Reverse, Avenged Sevenfold, KISS, Soundgarden and The Offspring are also rumored to be working on new material for a 2016 or 2017 release.

And with bands such as GN'R, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Green Day, Alter Bridge, KISS, Halestorm and Ghost touring around the world in 2016 and 2017 and generating media and such do you think that this fall if done right could be the start of rock being a more mainstream genre again?

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

These are some of the album released I was thinking about in order of their release date:

• Alter Bridge - The Last Hero (October 7th) 
  • Green Day - Revolution Radio (October 7th)
  • Bon Jovi - This House Is Not For Sale (October 14th) 
  • In Flames - Battles (November 11th)
  • Sixx AM - Prayers For The Blessed (November 22nd)
  • Metallica - Hardwired... To Self-Destruct (November 22nd)
  • Crap
  • Crap
  • More Crap
  • ?
  • lol
  • Not gonna like it. 

I think the rock genre has a good ten-fifteen years to live. Gimme another Mastodon, Ghost, Tool, AC/DC and GnR next year, and I will be happy for a few years. 

No, it won't. Rock isn't coming back to the mainstream.

But I'm happy for the rock fans looking forward to these albums.

Personally I think bands like the ones you listed are part of why rock isn't mainstream anymore. Three of those bands had their heyday more than a decade ago, and Sixx:AM, while technically a new band, is lead by a dude who also had his heyday over two decades ago.

Alterbridge has never been well received outside of their fan base tbh. I'm not familiar with In Flames but if all they do is play distorted rock guitars and sing, then they probably wont be peaking anyone's interest in the mainstream either.

Just bein' real. But like I said, if you're a big rock fan you may be having a pretty good Fall, so that's good :)

6 hours ago, Dan H. said:

No, it won't. Rock isn't coming back to the mainstream.

But I'm happy for the rock fans looking forward to these albums.

Personally I think bands like the ones you listed are part of why rock isn't mainstream anymore. Three of those bands had their heyday more than a decade ago, and Sixx:AM, while technically a new band, is lead by a dude who also had his heyday over two decades ago.

Alterbridge has never been well received outside of their fan base tbh. I'm not familiar with In Flames but if all they do is play distorted rock guitars and sing, then they probably wont be peaking anyone's interest in the mainstream either.

Just bein' real. But like I said, if you're a big rock fan you may be having a pretty good Fall, so that's good :)

This. In Flames used to be a death metal band, and their heyday ended 10-15 years ago, btw.

The basic rock n' roll sound will always have an audience, but it won't be mainstream again any time soon (if ever). Guitar driven synth-pop is the present and future, unfortunately. But, GNR aside, I don't think I've ever heard my other 4 or 5 favorite bands on the radio. So, it might not be relevant, but you're right, there's good music coming out this fall; 'Toogoodoo' by Stop Light Observations came out at the beginning of the month, vinyl's coming out in November. The band VOLA are starting to get more attention and just re-released their debut album 'Inmazes' on vinyl 2 weeks ago. Ninjaspy have an album coming out sometime by the end of the year. So does Beck. Regina Spektor's new album comes out tomorrow. Good music is always coming out, but I expect the only releases that will have any kind of impact will be Green Day, and to a lesser extent The Pretty Reckless. But anyone waiting for rock to make a big mainstream comeback is wasting their time (at least until my bands puts out an album :awesomeface:)

Edited by Gordon Comstock